NFL 2019 Season

Day

15 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Oof that’s a tough schedule.

Big game this one for us. We really don’t want back to back losses. We need to play way better than we did in KC. The offensive play calling was horrible, it was so timid and smacked of Zimmers conservative influence. We need to play aggressive. 

We are aiming for a clean sweep of the East, though the Skins & Giants are rubbish, and we had the Eagles at home, so this is by far the toughest game. 

Hopefully it’s a good game, as I’ll have to stay up all night ?

Big for both of us then. 

We've stumbled when we've played the better teams. The Philly win was quite convincing though so hopefully it's more of the same of that rather than what we saw in the defeats to the Saints and the Packers. Should be pretty competitive anyway! 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/11/2019 at 22:49, jimbo jones said:

86AF10E1-90D5-4982-889F-B75BE16E7602.thumb.png.7cdd83ac29a41068199d7205d00b309b.png

lose one game, after winning 4 in a row, and this poll gets rolled out. Vikings Twitter is something else ?‍♂️? 

at least it’s only at 18% yes

Trolls take over these polls anyway, if you look 74 people have voted....that’s double the Vikings fan base.

13 minutes ago, David said:

Trolls take over these polls anyway, if you look 74 people have voted....that’s double the Vikings fan base.

GIF by This Is Us

Accidentally clicked on this gif, but it will do for such a comment.

apart from the outright “we hate Kirk Cousins” mob, who i find a bit weird. The blame is definitely shifting towards Mike Zimmer when things go wrong. 

8 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

GIF by This Is Us

Accidentally clicked on this gif, but it will do for such a comment.

apart from the outright “we hate Kirk Cousins” mob, who i find a bit weird. The blame is definitely shifting towards Mike Zimmer when things go wrong. 

All fanbase's mindless sections have their scapegoats; and its often a position rather than an individual.

As far as I can tell the Saints version is the defensive coordinators. For years and years (decades tbf) we had basically no talent on the defense, so they were usually terrible - and the fans would constantly call for the DC's heads. It was Rob Ryan (who you may know from Sky's NFL coverage) for the first few years I was a Saints fan.

Then it was Dennis Allen; and despite us now having a talented defense, who are performing very well - that group of the fanbase can't get out of their loop. So he still gets stick all the time. It's properly bizarre. There have been polls to fire him on social media every year he's been our DC.

That’s crazy, Saints D is great. I like Rob Ryan, he and Jeff Reinebold are the better 2 on sky’s coverage.

the Cousins doesn’t win against winning teams thing has always irritated me. There is some foundation to it, but how many QBs do? Especially playing for a team like the Redskins, Aaron Rodgers record against winning teams is abysmal, but he’s the greatest QB of all time according to some. I just find it a lazy analysis, that usually completely ignored everything else that happened in a game.

Zimmer’s record against winning teams is also pretty bad. I can actually see and partially agree with the criticism of him. He’s a great defensive mind, but is old fashioned especially when it comes to offence. He needs to let Kevin Stefanski run the offence. He seems to do it when we are expected to win, but come the big games, like KC last week, you can see the fingerprints of Zimmers ultra conservative approach all over the offensive play calling, which was just plain horrible against KC.

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Anyone staying up to watch the gargantuan clash between the Los Angeles Raiders and San Diego Chargers? 

No... thought not. 

What an odd game to put on TNF. 

Guess they have to share out the TNF slots. There’s worse games that could be on, but no I won’t be making a point of staying up ?

If the Rams make the play-offs then Goff should be in with a shout. He's had no running game and he's behind the ranked second worst OL in the entire NFL. Higher rated QBs have had losing seasons in such conditions. He's winning us games, with a little help from Woods & Kupp. 

Not at MVP btw, but at least y'know over Kirk and Dak.... ?Aaron Rodgers had it better last year than Goff and he went 6-9-1. Stafford's situation was fairly similar and he went 6-10.

Kirk is having mostly a pretty good season, but MVP is stretching it a bit. If he gets on a roll, he looks brilliant, but he’s also had 2 horrible games against Green Bay & Chicago, the o line were horrendous in those 2 games though, and have since improved to be just about adequate.

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Kirk is having mostly a pretty good season, but MVP is stretching it a bit. If he gets on a roll, he looks brilliant, but he’s also had 2 horrible games against Green Bay & Chicago, the o line were horrendous in those 2 games though, and have since improved to be just about adequate.

Official OL rankings: 

32) Miami Dolphins
31) Los Angeles Rams
30) Los Angeles Chargers
29) Jacksonville Jaguars
28) Cincinnati Bengals

Four teams out of the five are having losing seasons, so just shows how much impact it can have. It just shows that the bloke isn't bad, although he seems to be ostracized by and large.

20 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Raiders beat the Chargers. Shame the Chargers can’t play the Packers every week ?

I really like the Raiders this year. They're fun to watch and they're not half bad.

27 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Cook is in the conversation at the moment, along with Wilson, Watson & McCaffrey. Whoever takes their team furthest into the play offs will win it.

I think Wilson and Lamar are the current top tier, in terms of both production and their chances of winning because of the voter bias (QBs).

Then McCaffrey, Watson and Cook in the next tier down.

I like that Thomas is being talked about, because his production is insane and he's opened eyes doing it with Bridgewater for 5 weeks, but there's no way a WR wins MVP - unless his second half of the season is the most monstrous ever recorded by a WR which doesn't seem likely.

Then all the other players in that picture are just the QBs having consistently competent years ? Really hedging their bets.

A lot can change in half a year though; someone not even really being talked about could end up winning it if the second half of their year is strong enough. Recency bias is a thing in MVP voting.

On 07/11/2019 at 22:13, Ambitious said:

Official OL rankings: 

32) Miami Dolphins
31) Los Angeles Rams
30) Los Angeles Chargers
29) Jacksonville Jaguars
28) Cincinnati Bengals

Four teams out of the five are having losing seasons, so just shows how much impact it can have. It just shows that the bloke isn't bad, although he seems to be ostracized by and large.

There’s a reason my 3 rams jerseys have 16 on them! The bloke is great! 

Watched a big win for Minnesota over Penn State yesterday, causing a serious feel good factor amongst Minnesota sports fans. Hopefully the Vikings keep that going tonight. 

No Thielen obviously, but no Linval Joesph is a huge miss. A big reason we are so good on run defence is he’s like a human brick wall. So him being out the week we come up against Zeke is not ideal.

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Watched a big win for Minnesota over Penn State yesterday, causing a serious feel good factor amongst Minnesota sports fans. Hopefully the Vikings keep that going tonight. 

No Thielen obviously, but no Linval Joesph is a huge miss. A big reason we are so good on run defence is he’s like a human brick wall. So him being out the week we come up against Zeke is not ideal.

LSU beat Bama ? Was a great game. Two of the top 3 in the country matching up doesn't always live up to the hype but this game really did.

That was Bama's 5th home loss in 11 years ?; such a huge result. Plus Donald Trump was there supporting Bama, so an extra bit of feel good.

Archived