NFL 2019 Season

Day

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who Dat ?

Defense remains dominant in Brees return. Offense gets woah more efficient. Still without Kamara and Cooks. Things are looking very good.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Who Dat ?

Defense remains dominant in Brees return. Offense gets woah more efficient. Still without Kamara and Cooks. Things are looking very good.

Saints are the team to beat in the NFC for me.

Packers aren’t as good as people are making out, they’ve been very lucky. Rodgers is great if he’s got time to throw, but a good defence can get at him.

Niners look solid, but offence doesn’t look that great.

Seahawks are a good team.

Kenyan Drake heading over to the Cardinals. 

If they can pick up some pieces for their O-Line soon, they'll be very dangerous in the run game in the years to come.

Vikings @ Chiefs picked for the early game on Sky this week.

huge game for us. The question mark of beating a genuinely good team still hangs over us. Guarantee the long list of injured starters for the Packers game won’t be there this week ??? no doubt, it will be a week of will he won’t he with Mahomes.

personally think it could be crazy to play this soon from a dislocated knee, and against a deference that prides it self on going after the qb hard

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Vikings @ Chiefs picked for the early game on Sky this week.

huge game for us. The question mark of beating a genuinely good team still hangs over us. Guarantee the long list of injured starters for the Packers game won’t be there this week ??? no doubt, it will be a week of will he won’t he with Mahomes.

personally think it could be crazy to play this soon from a dislocated knee, and against a deference that prides it self on going after the qb hard

The report on Mahomes from within the Chiefs is that he has a "decent chance" of playing against the Titans.

Highly doubt he plays against you.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

The report on Mahomes from within the Chiefs is that he has a "decent chance" of playing against the Titans.

Highly doubt he plays against you.

That sounds more like it. I’ve been reading Viking fan paranoia to much. All the players missing for the Packers game are definitely going to play against us, thus proving the league wants the Packers to win theory...

15 minutes ago, David said:

First Steelers game I had to rage quit last night, 14-0 down to the Dolphins, I could have cried. Rudolph has an eye on Christmas already, looks dreadful.

I panicked when I read your tweet this morning; as I didn't know the score yet and yesterday I'd decided to retract a little bet I'd placed on the Dolphins winning ? 

12 minutes ago, David said:

First Steelers game I had to rage quit last night, 14-0 down to the Dolphins, I could have cried. Rudolph has an eye on Christmas already, looks dreadful.

I quite like this season as a Dolphins fan. I usually lose interest after week 3, which has been the case since 1999 when Marino retired. But this #tankingfortua is getting interesting. And I hope the Steelers lose every other of their games seeing how we have their 1st round pick in the draft.

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Is it still #tankingfortua ? Or is Joe Burrow now the guy.

HANDS OFF OUR JOE

(in seriousness, I don't think he's goes no.1 - he'll be valued lower than his product this year as he's older than teams would like and this is his only productive year) - even if he wins the heisman he's probably only a top 10 player.

22 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Kenyan Drake heading over to the Cardinals. 

If they can pick up some pieces for their O-Line soon, they'll be very dangerous in the run game in the years to come.

Makes me laugh when people talk about getting the OL sorted. AZ are destined to never have a good OL, we’ve literally tried everything.

High draft picks, day 2 draft picks, day 3 draft picks, big free agency signings, trading for vets, taking chances on guys with injury histories...

None of it’s worked. Getting a good OL is the most difficult thing to do in the league, there’s simply just not enough good lineman to go round. You need to invest capital into it AND get lucky. 

Look at the Rams. Lost a few lineman and they’ve fallen apart. Cowboys have a lot of first round picks on their OL but it falls apart regularly with injuries.

Only team with consistently good OL? The Patriots. Their OL coach Scarnecchia is some kind of Faustian figure who’s sold his soul to the devil for the ability to turn 4th round picks into stars.

22 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

None of it’s worked. Getting a good OL is the most difficult thing to do in the league, there’s simply just not enough good lineman to go round. You need to invest capital into it AND get lucky. 

Ain’t that the truth! Especially when it comes to pass protection. On the run our o line looks pretty good, but not so much on pass protection especially against the better defences. 

Brian o Neill at Right Tackle a second round pick last year, was a great pick up for us. He might have given up the first sack of his career against Washington (some suggestion it is being put against Josh Klein) last week, after a season and a half, and he has quietly becoming an elite tackle. Garrett Bradbury at centre first round this year is improving every game, and we picked up Klein in FA, so we have half a very good line, though Klein keeps picking up injuries. 

Trouble is, the left side is obviously weaker and gets targeted. Fans moan about trading for someone, but who? And Vikings have no cap space anyway.

its like the headache that never goes away. Thankfully, with Dalvin Cook so dangerous, we are able to load in the TEs and keep rolling play action to actually give Kirk Cousins some time to throw.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Makes me laugh when people talk about getting the OL sorted. AZ are destined to never have a good OL, we’ve literally tried everything.

High draft picks, day 2 draft picks, day 3 draft picks, big free agency signings, trading for vets, taking chances on guys with injury histories...

Look at the Rams. Lost a few lineman and they’ve fallen apart. Cowboys have a lot of first round picks on their OL but it falls apart regularly with injuries.

Only team with consistently good OL? The Patriots. Their OL coach Scarnecchia is some kind of Faustian figure who’s sold his soul to the devil for the ability to turn 4th round picks into stars.

Hey now; the Saints have a consistently great O-Line too. This year's is maybe the best ever, too. Perennial pro-bowl Center Max Unger retired just before the draft and we drafted Erik McCoy in round 2 and he's grading as the 4th best C in the NFL this year haha
Drew Brees hasn't always had weapons to throw too; he hasn't always had someone good to hand it too, and he's rarely had a competent defense on the other side. But he's always been one of the most protected QBs ? 

But I accept it can be a hard area of the team to improve, and my comment is far easier to say than to do. But *if* you did manage to get a great run blocker or two you'd be absolutely golden on offense.

Archived