Watchable telly

dog

On 06/10/2024 at 17:22, Bob The Badger said:

Is anybody watching Tulsa King on Paramount?

We enjoyed the first season after a slow start and are quite enjoying this one, albeit not quite as much, but jeez, Stallone is a dreadful actor.

I recently read the autobiography of Micheal Ovitz, one of the most powerful agents/power brokers in Hollywood between the mid-70s and until fairly recently. Sly was one of the few actors who didn't come out of it very well with an ego bigger than his biceps and bank balance combined.

TK feels like it's just a vehicle for him to convince himself he's not an old man.

So, I'm not quite sure why I don't hate it.

Watched season 1, agree totally. 

It's watchable but Sly's voice is tough at times and the love interest seems a bit unlikely... but it's still worth watching. 

Just now, Chester40 said:

Series 3?

Great action scenes,  ropey storylines. Preferred season 1 but will still give it a whirl.

No it's just 1 & 2.  First season was really good, with the greatest action scene ever shown on a TV show, second season was a bit dull by comparison.

1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

No it's just 1 & 2.  First season was really good, with the greatest action scene ever shown on a TV show, second season was a bit dull by comparison.

I think series 3 is on its way soon...

Agreed there were a few mad action scenes,  nothing as exciting second season.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

I think series 3 is on its way soon...

Agreed there were a few mad action scenes,  nothing as exciting second season.

I think they're just putting the finishing touches to S3, which is why Sky have started reruns, so folk can catch up.

Joan

Really had low expectations, so decided it was one for both myself and Mrs Chester (she has short attention span and will talk or tire quickly).

Very pleasantly surprised. With the lead so identified with being Sansa Stark and no one else of note in it I couldn't see me getting hooked.

But she's actually really good. Can play a variety of roles/characters convincingly. The 80s clothes,  music, decor are all spot on and the story is pretty good.

Really solid British drama, of the standard of the Post Office thing or Des, in my humble slightly dubious opinion.

Edited by Chester40

23 hours ago, Alph said:

Thanks mate, been looking forward to it and hoping it wouldn’t disappoint 

As I said... I was a pretty casual wrestling observer in the late 80s - 90s.

I expected a bit of nostalgia and then to tire of it. But strangely, I found the more recent episodes more interesting. 

Most importantly, everyone of any note/relevance is featured and they cover an awful lot of scandal.

There's a focus on the McMahon family but the net is spread wide to drag all the different eras,  angles, headlines in.

No particular perspective is forced on you, so I found it quite thought provoking as to who were the good/bad guys.

My last take was that Stephanie was a lot hotter than I recalled 😜

43 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

As I said... I was a pretty casual wrestling observer in the late 80s - 90s.

I expected a bit of nostalgia and then to tire of it. But strangely, I found the more recent episodes more interesting. 

Most importantly, everyone of any note/relevance is featured and they cover an awful lot of scandal.

There's a focus on the McMahon family but the net is spread wide to drag all the different eras,  angles, headlines in.

No particular perspective is forced on you, so I found it quite thought provoking as to who were the good/bad guys.

My last take was that Stephanie was a lot hotter than I recalled 😜

Stephanie was hot! 🤣

I plan on going in heavy on Sunday. I think my time was all the 90’s from Brett Hart and Jake the Snake all the way up to The Rock and HHH. Then I started to feel immature for enjoying it. 

Good times!

29 minutes ago, Alph said:

Stephanie was hot! 🤣

I plan on going in heavy on Sunday. I think my time was all the 90’s from Brett Hart and Jake the Snake all the way up to The Rock and HHH. Then I started to feel immature for enjoying it. 

Good times!

All those guys get a good look-in. You will love it 

On 10/10/2024 at 18:44, Anag Ram said:

Enjoying Showtrial on BBC1.

Lots of to-ing and fro-ing as we wonder whether a cocky policeman really was responsible for the death of a climate activist.

Just finished season 1 which was decent enough, so will give this series a look too.