Watchable telly

dog

53 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I have nfc what you're rambling on about man!

I was showing you "how intelligent I am", by informing you that "That book by Nostradamus" (As you put it) was titled "1984".

... And you have now gone and totally ruined my joke, by making me explain it!  ?
That's the second time in a week I've had to do that.  Think I might give it up as a bad job!    ?

?

"NEVER!"  I hear you all cry!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I was showing you "how intelligent I am", by informing you that "That book by Nostradamus" (As you put it) was titled "1984".

... And you have now gone and totally ruined my joke, by making me explain it!  ?
That's the second time in a week I've had to do that.  Think I might give it up as a bad job!    ?

?

I thought George Orwell write 1984. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

?

Not seeing it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostradamus

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I thought George Orwell write 1984. 

And therein lies the "joke"...  A book by nostradamus, says you... titled 1984, says I... me calling you thicko, when all along, it's me that's thic... oh forget it!  

The whole moment has gone... if it was ever there in the first place!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

25 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

And therein lies the "joke"...  A book by nostradamus, says you... titled 1984, says I... me calling you thicko, when all along, it's me that's thic... oh forget it!  

Made me chuckle Mucker, for the little that's worth.

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Maybe the joke is like The Shining?

A lot better when you think about it years later. 

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Maybe the joke is like The Shining?

A lot better when you think about it years later. 

I think mucker is trying to say Orwells dystopian vision of the future, a la 1984, has come true, so he's comparing the soothsaying of that author and Nostradamus.

I forgot to say that we went back and finished Severence - very good and hit 8/10 by the end with the last two episodes.

And Britt Lower is so hot.

And after ogling Julianne Moore in Sharper last night I think we can conclude that it's redheads that do it for me, which finally explains why I always get a semi on walking into Mcdonald's. 

Edited by Bob The Badger

Missus has also finished Happy Valley series 1 now and she was massively let down by the ending. We will probably both start series 2 together now - see if we can get to the belated excitement of series 3.

I'm on series 4 of Handmaid's Tale, not the same tight, oppressive feeling of earlier series (like many series eg the Walking Dead the early sparse episodes inevitably give way to bigger rambling storylines) but I'm still 'enjoying' it. The subject doesn't really allow you much respite but its excellently handled and acted. 

The Gold

Story of the Brink's-Mat bullion robbery and the task force assembled to down Noyes & co. It's very good without presenting the facts or the protagonists in an entirely accurate fashion. Nice soundtrack too. Worth a watch.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14063678/

Free Stream: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p0dvdttj/the-gold

Started watching Ganglands tonight a French series that I only knew of because the new second season showed up in my latest offering on Netflix.

I wasn't keen as it only had 7.1 on IMDB but Mrs Badger insisted.

2 episodes in and it's brilliant. I hope it can maintain this level.

Feels a tad like a French Top Boy/Gomorrah. 

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Started watching Ganglands tonight a French series that I only knew of because the new second season showed up in my latest offering on Netflix.

I wasn't keen as it only had 7.1 on IMDB but Mrs Badger insisted.

2 episodes in and it's brilliant. I hope it can maintain this level.

Feels a tad like a French Top Boy/Gomorrah. 

Finished season 2 a couple of days back. It's a hidden gem. I love French crime series - check out Braquo if you've not already - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1429534/

It's by Olivier Marchal (ex-copper) and most of his stuff is pretty good - Les Lyonnais and 36 Quai des Orfèvres two movies of his you  might like. I tend to ignore the ratings for French series and movies. They're often not representative.