Rams Trust

Plumbs

50 minutes ago, eddie said:

So we can rake over old coals and prejudices, but we cannot discuss the crisis currently affecting the country.

What a waste of space website.

In fairness, why would you consider a forum dedicated to DCFC to be the place to discuss the crisis affecting the country?  I'm sure there are other websites where such things can be discussed to death.  I quite like the fact that this place, including 'the pub' has become a (generally) calmer place... albeit not as entertaining at times.  

Discussions about the RamsTrust seem entirely apropos for this forum, although it isn't exactly a topical discussion as all seems to have gone quiet on that front.   

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, cosmic said:

Weren’t they setup to take on the Three Amigos, and helped ensure we’re still a football club? 

I thought they had been quite significant in our recent history.

I’d say the RPG did a lot more..... and then rightly disbanded after the 3 amigos 

I did a fair bit of work with RamsTrust back in the height of the 3WM days. They definitely played a part, particularly in forcing John Sleightholme to step down (that was somewhat the start of the end). As with any of these things, no one person or group can take all the credit but RT certainly did good here.

I didn't really agree with their aim to push for a seat in the club, even ultimate ownership of the club itself and I think they discredited themselves with this position 

But the core of them were good people, solid Derby fans, willing volunteers and they did do some very good things in a short window.

The RT are Derby fans that think they are better Derby fans than normal Derby fans who think they deserve to own the club on equal terms to MM even though they haven't a penny and probably don't actually go to many matches.

Surprised they haven't started their own community club County FC of Derby club by now.

8 hours ago, eddie said:

So we can rake over old coals and prejudices, but we cannot discuss the crisis currently affecting the country.

What a waste of space website.

Don't panic eddie, all the news points to ant and dec being back together sometime next year so crisis nearly over.

I don't think RamsTrust is a particularly bad thing and it came about during a period where it was questioned why an individual should be able to own a football club. It's still very pertinent that the wrong ownership can cause untold damage to a football club and the safest, most long-term suggestion for ownership of the club should be the fans. As Stive said, membership is open to anyone so it's hardly an attempt to stage a coup. When the 3 amigos were taking the club into bad places, it was a very sensible idea. Still is, just the urgency of the situation has gone. Long may Mel be a positive influence for the club - other clubs are not so fortunate and but for the grace of god we could have been in the same sticky situation.

On 13/12/2018 at 08:11, cosmic said:

Weren’t they setup to take on the Three Amigos, and helped ensure we’re still a football club? 

I thought they had been quite significant in our recent history.

They were banging on about the Amigos from the start. They were ignored because we were doing well on the pitch.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

They were banging on about the Amigos from the start. They were ignored because we were doing well on the pitch.

They were ignored because their PR was shockingly poor and certain parties were far too interested in message board politics, censoring anyone who questioned them (the start of the death of RamZone, my very first DCFC message board as a 16 year old!) and fueling personal grudges to realise that they were turning more people off the cause than onto it.

16 hours ago, Matt H said:

They were ignored because their PR was shockingly poor and certain parties were far too interested in message board politics, censoring anyone who questioned them (the start of the death of RamZone, my very first DCFC message board as a 16 year old!) and fueling personal grudges to realise that they were turning more people off the cause than onto it.

Totally agree about Ramzone, I wqs personally emailed about members and who they thought they were etc.

Archived