Rams Trust

Plumbs

Sorry to be a nuisance-Dirty Leeds fans here- but I've been waiting patiently for a response from your Trust over an email I sent.

As some of you know the Trust umbrella organisation (Supporters Direct) merged with the Football Supporters Federation and Rams Trust (who are one of the few with some integrity) had voiced concerns previously and also at the EGM I attended,where they got short shrift and in my view were spoken to quite patronisingly and dismissively  There have since been moves to restrict the voices of ordinary fans by SD/FSF although your guys seem balanced,fair and wholly representative of the Derby fanbase;they also want to bring what they view as 'rogue' Trusts into line and in my view are targeting your Trust.

Many clubs like DCFC now have supporters advisory boards which seem to work quite well,but the Trust movement now seems to be concentrating on providing a platform for the more militant fans only,where democracy is fixed and an agenda is pre-set. For want of a better analogy its like Arthur Scargill trying to take over the Labour Party.

I just need to let the Rams Trust committee know that concerns have been raised with the authorities over apparent  improprieties at the merge EGM, and there is also an investigation going on with the financial situation in respect of the Trusts mutual status.

Rams Trust had serious concerns about its mutual status at the meeting and werent really given the answers they deserved,thus they need to know that others share the same concerns and want the correct-and fair-structure in place

Apologies again 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, sage said:

Thanks for the info Plumbs.

Sadly RamsTrust are treated dismissively on here too by many posters.

We only like the Derby Popular Peoples Front. The rest are splitters.

Thanks for that and I guess the same sentiments are echoed with other clubs On a different note one or two police forces are getting involved with this EnableUK which holds regular forums with independent fans,with the aim of improving relations with supporters. We had issues with the behaviour of our minority of our fans and have been a bit miffed that regular groups have been excluded,but it's a good opportunity to talk directly to OB if it's wholly inclusive.Might be an opportunity for your club forum if Derbyshire plod go along with it 

Cheers anyway 

Surely the fact that Mel Morris already meets regularly with a range of different groups at the Supporters Charter Forum is recognition that no single groups holds the views of all fans?

There has to be a voice for as many supporters as possible, including the radical ones.

Having supported Derby over a lifetime I have no idea who Rams Trust even are, or what they do. 

There's nothing worse than being told which group should be representing supporters' interests.

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

Surely the fact that Mel Morris already meets regularly with a range of different groups at the Supporters Charter Forum is recognition that no single groups holds the views of all fans?

There has to be a voice for as many supporters as possible, including the radical ones.

Having supported Derby over a lifetime I have no idea who Rams Trust even are, or what they do. 

There's nothing worse than being told which group should be representing supporters' interests.

exactly, much of the animosity came from a time when RT presented themselves as the only mouthpiece of the fans around the time of Murdo etc.  Not a great time for any of us but speaking personally I could never trust RT and saw them as self fulfilling

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

Weren’t they setup to take on the Three Amigos, and helped ensure we’re still a football club? 

I thought they had been quite significant in our recent history.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Weren’t they setup to take on the Three Amigos, and helped ensure we’re still a football club? 

I thought they had been quite significant in our recent history.

Lionel Pickering started that, he employed a recently retired ex DCI from Derbyshire to look into the takeover as he felt that it wasn't right.

They ended up speaking to the likes of Terry Butcher, David Buust's agent, Various businessmen in the Wolverhampton area and players from Norwegian clubs that had all been ripped off by one of the 3 Amigos.

That report was passed onto Derbyshire Police who visited him, as well as ended up substantially reducing monies owed to a certain bank.

Also on that investigation, Peter Gadsby and Peter Marples were highly influential and supportive which is why it pains me to see the stick they get at times.

Not decrying the work of the Rams Trust as I don't know what they did, but it all started with Lionel and some dogged work by a team of investigators who went round the county and Europe gathering intelligence.

23 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Lionel Pickering started that, he employed a recently retired ex DCI from Derbyshire to look into the takeover as he felt that it wasn't right.

They ended up speaking to the likes of Terry Butcher, David Buust's agent, Various businessmen in the Wolverhampton area and players from Norwegian clubs that had all been ripped off by one of the 3 Amigos.

That report was passed onto Derbyshire Police who visited him, as well as ended up substantially reducing monies owed to a certain bank.

Also on that investigation, Peter Gadsby and Peter Marples were highly influential and supportive which is why it pains me to see the stick they get at times.

Not decrying the work of the Rams Trust as I don't know what they did, but it all started with Lionel and some dogged work by a team of investigators who went round the county and Europe gathering intelligence.

Yeah me either to be honest, it's just a name I associate with that time.

Anyway, thanks, was hoping someone would jump in and tell us some details. I was only following headlines back then.

Archived