Carson appreciation thread (Crazy Carson hating)

TheresOnlyWanChope

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

Now Ince looked like he was trying to drill it to Carson's right but scuffs the ball and it goes slightly to his left, all from less than 10 yards out. To readjust from where he was expecting the ball to go, switch sides and then hit the deck quick enough to stop the ball dead would have been an extraordinary feat that I doubt many keepers would have been able to pull off

He didn't have to readjust at all, having watched it a few times, it looks as though he set so he can go either way, as he will know Once and know that Ince could put it either side of him, as such his reactions are slow which meant he didn't get down quick enough to the shot.

24 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Nothing Carson has done has come anywhere near what Pickford just did for Everton or Rudd did for Brum. Get off the Guys back!

Well if that's your minimum baseline about what a GK should be doing better than, we ain't got a chance!

The Ince goal was half a foot to the side of his foot. He's chosen (like the first one) to go with his hands rather than just move his leg out. Good GK's would have used their foot.

Ultimately these are shots that I expect my GK to save. He has made multiple mistakes (mistake are shots I expect him to save or crosses to come and catch) this season - and some have cost us dearly.

At this level, I expect maybe one howler per season, 3 or 4 could have done a lot better and that's it. We're already past the 'could have done' better mark by the end of November.

On 29/11/2018 at 20:08, rammieib said:

Jono - the last three goals clearly suggest he isn't Premier League quality.

The lack of coming out at Boro to simply catch the ball cost us. 

The Villa first goal he could have 'put more effort in'.

Cesc Fabregas goal could have been saved.

Not to mention the goals we have conceded from corners.

How many more excuses are we going to make for him?

So Carson’s to blame for all the goals we concede at corners we concede is he?

Boro - Carson should’ve come for that (10 yards) to stop bogle volleying it in his own net? Really? 

More effort for the Villa goal?!

Fabregas was a mistake and the two goals against Stoke he could’ve done better. Other than that, the rest of your post is complete tripe

Thats because Carson doesn’t make many errors being one of the best keepers in the championship!

Some are saying how good Butland was, but no one has mentioned that the goal he let in was to his side of the wall and he didn't even get a finger on the ball. Number one rule I thought when a goal keeper, set up your wall to protect one side of the goal and you protect the other. If you move to the side the wall is protected and the ball goes in your side that's poor goal keeping. Stoke didn't lose however, so Carson gets the blame by Derby fans.

15 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

So Carson’s to blame for all the goals we concede at corners we concede is he?

Boro - Carson should’ve come for that (10 yards) to stop bogle volleying it in his own net? Really? 

More effort for the Villa goal?!

Fabregas was a mistake and the two goals against Stoke he could’ve done better. Other than that, the rest of your post is complete tripe

Thats because Carson doesn’t make many errors being one of the best keepers in the championship!

As a lot of posters have said, Carson sticks to his line like Super Glue. He should be coming out far more often and relieving the defenders by catching (or punching).

But the best bit is you just basically talked about three errors in one line and then your next line says he doesn't make many errors. Which is it?

Archived