Carson appreciation thread (Crazy Carson hating)

TheresOnlyWanChope

19 hours ago, rammieib said:

You'd like to think either Heaton or Pope are free once all Burnley GK's are fit. Take either in a heart beat.

Sure you would, but we’ve probably got more chance of drawing Vatican City in the FA Cup on Monday than signing Pope

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sill one of the best in the championship,however you have to agree with some comments on the tread,never comes for a cross and stops on his line to often for me which puts more pressure on the back four and although we all know his distribution is not great so are all the back four to be honest,except maybe keogh who does try to start us moving forward

On 29/11/2018 at 17:31, Rambam said:

Got to say he is probably past his best. The way Butland reacted to shots on goal and his general command of the area told me if the goalkeepers were reversed, so would the result have been. 

Butland looked poor when trying to play from the back as well

26 minutes ago, cannable said:

Butland looked poor when trying to play from the back as well

Really? I thought butlands distribution was excellent, we put him under a lot of pressure and he found a stoke man every time. Long ball granted, but that’ll be his instruction. Far better than Carson who manages to smash it to row z when under no pressure.

Can not believe some fans getting on Carsons back, both goals at Stoke was not his fault, some just look for someone to blame, Carson is one of the top 3 keepers in this division, and has been an excellent signing since arriving at the club, I for one am right behind Carson keeping the jersey, Roos is not a patch on him.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Really? I thought butlands distribution was excellent, we put him under a lot of pressure and he found a stoke man every time. Long ball granted, but that’ll be his instruction. Far better than Carson who manages to smash it to row z when under no pressure.

When we had the former, I mean 

Carson's been off since the Chelsea game i.m.o..in fact you can include that game.

He needs competition for his role,any other player in the squad would have had his shirt passed to another if they had been off form as he has of late 

That's not to say he can't return to form but having another goalie in might accelerate it 

he is off form, but not having a team that bothers to defend from the front contributes to a lack of confidence.

There is saves he should have made, I agree, but he is exposed much more than when he went o that great run of clean sheets, and the whole get him on the plane to the world cup campaign.

4 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Can not believe some fans getting on Carsons back, both goals at Stoke was not his fault, some just look for someone to blame, Carson is one of the top 3 keepers in this division, and has been an excellent signing since arriving at the club, I for one am right behind Carson keeping the jersey, Roos is not a patch on him.

Both goals at Stoke WERE his fault. That's where Keepers earn their money. Both goals should have been kept out. I don't disagree with him being an excellent signing, but you're going too far in defence of him. He's been a good keeper for us, but he is a large reason we lost to Stoke and it's not the first game this season he's been subpar.

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Both goals at Stoke WERE his fault. That's where Keepers earn their money. Both goals should have been kept out. I don't disagree with him being an excellent signing, but you're going too far in defence of him. He's been a good keeper for us, but he is a large reason we lost to Stoke and it's not the first game this season he's been subpar.

Carson shouldn’t have been put in that position and each chance should have been and indeed we’re tucked away. Just ca sctheyre close to the keeper, doesn’t mean it’s the keepers fault. They would’ve been brilliant saves and he was unlucky with the first. Bad defending IMO.

Just now, Tim Bucktoo said:

Carson shouldn’t have been put in that position and each chance should have been and indeed we’re tucked away. Just ca sctheyre close to the keeper, doesn’t mean it’s the keepers fault. They would’ve been brilliant saves and he was unlucky with the first. Bad defending IMO.

Then what's the point in the keeper? You can always say ''well the defence should have done better'' put Carson is specifically employed to save those. They weren't hard and they weren't well placed. Any top keeper saves those with ease, most championship keepers would too. They would not have been brilliant saves in my mind, they'd have been expected saves. I really don't think it was good enough. Ince one in particular he got a hand on, he has to keep it out.

I know what you’re saying but he can’t get everything. Carson makes loads of great saves every season which invariably win us points. He kept Gary in a job for far too long. He’s not faultless but pretty damn good (Scott not Gary).

Agree to disagree. 

(So long as there’s no bloopers today...)

On 29/11/2018 at 16:56, Andicis said:

Carson is avoiding a lot of criticism he should be receiving because of his reputation. This season he's not been good at all, and we can definitely upgrade. We need to go with the modern trend of keepers who are good with the ball at their feet. A keeper with good distribution helps start the attacks much quicker, whereas Carson kills our momentum. He's a good pro, and was great for us the last 2 years, but I think it's time for us to sign a new goalkeeper.

Disagree and he was good today. Great keeper. We can’t upgrade. 

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Can not agree with this at all, both goals in my eyes and I was there,  was not his fault, but we all have our own opinions, that's what makes football such a great talking point, for myself Carson is still our number one by a country mile.

Archived