Forest at home moved to the Monday

RiddingsRam

Forest game moved to Monday 17th December   

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Couldn't make 15th as in Cape Verde but back for 17th so can go.

In fairness i was sort of looking forward to watching it with a beer in winter sun but glad can go as my dad doesn't tend to go now if i don't. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, David said:

Just threw up a poll to see how the fixture change has effected fans

I’m lucky that I am still able to attend, however this is one of the few occasions in the football calendar where  everyone looks forward to it, not just the match but the whole day. Moving it to a Monday is  just pants, I’m not hypocritical enough to blame sky, I have it, just for the football and think it’s great, however that doesn’t stop be bemoaning the decision to move.

What about you, it will be early hours before you get back as opposed to early evening?

37 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

What about you, it will be early hours before you get back as opposed to early evening?

With traffic and closing the roads after the game, will take 3hrs so a late one, afternoon nap required

43 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’m lucky that I am still able to attend, however this is one of the few occasions in the football calendar where  everyone looks forward to it, not just the match but the whole day. Moving it to a Monday is  just pants, I’m not hypocritical enough to blame sky, I have it, just for the football and think it’s great, however that doesn’t stop be bemoaning the decision to move.

To be fair the longer you are kept away from Grimsby the better, surely? 

4 minutes ago, costablancaram said:

Marvellous.  I have flights booked to cover the Saturday game,I shall now be a guest of Ryanair on my way back to Spain while the game is on.Pi55ed off doesn't really say it.Hows that for a first post,it only took an earthquake.

ryanair?  bet the flight will be delayed also to increase the pain.

56 minutes ago, costablancaram said:

Marvellous.  I have flights booked to cover the Saturday game,I shall now be a guest of Ryanair on my way back to Spain while the game is on.Pi55ed off doesn't really say it.Hows that for a first post,it only took an earthquake.

Similar story from a guy who serves in the Armed Forces in Belgium on Radio Derby this morning. Booked flights from Friday to Sunday evening to take in any changes; didn't ever think it would be a Monday night. He's lost his plane fare too but is coming over anyway to see family.

Seems unfair when people have gone to the effort to come to the game live.

58 minutes ago, Spanish said:

ryanair?  bet the flight will be delayed also to increase the pain.

Or cancelled all together within 10 minutes of take off with no refund due to emails they might have sent out not really warning you that there might be disruption sometime in the next 5 years.

Must admit, whilst it makes little to no difference to me, this does seem to be a little late in the day for such a change?  Am I right in thinking Sky normally give a bit more notice for their schedule?

Add into the mix that, looking at internet rumour over recent days, it appears they've took nigh on a full week to actually confirm it publicly.

I'm alright Jack, but it's still a poor show!

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Must admit, whilst it makes little to no difference to me, this does seem to be a little late in the day for such a change?  Am I right in thinking Sky normally give a bit more notice for their schedule?

The new policy which came in place said that Sky Sports/Football League are committed to giving a minimum of 5 weeks notice of any fixture change.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/

Problem is, people that are booking flights, time off work etc. probably need more than 5 weeks notice to be given the holiday at work and avoid late booking fees.

Archived