I refuse to be pessimistic for 10 months

Day

I'm not going to sit on my hands with a straight face refusing to show any signs of emotion because we failed to go up in previous seasons, nor will I be in fear of what the Forest fans will quote in May if we don't achieve promotion or the so called January curse.

August to May is 10 months.

That's a long time with a lot of good football and great results to sit through predicting doom ahead, sadly this week just shows how quickly life can be taken away from you. 

If we can't enjoy the journey then what is the point?

A couple of months whilst the rounders is on to say, you know what lads Derby were great last season, oh how it's great to be a Ram ei ei ei o on Benidrom beach before we go again and lock all emotions away again for another 10 months.

Forget it! 

The next time you say to another fan, don't get carried away, keep your feet on the ground, stop and ask yourself why? Why are you telling another fan not to enjoy themselves and have a bit of belief in the team? 

We're not players, we're not managers, we are fans, we are here to support the club through thick and thin, highs and lows, 7 days a week. 

We went through the Phil Brown (older generations may have lower) lows for these Frank Lampard highs, *I intend to enjoy them and tell the milkman we're going up.

What's the worst that can happen? Come May dropping your semi skimmed off gives you a little ribbing, so then Derby *chuckles as he walks down the path*. Bring it, at least I get to stay in bed till 9am.

Football hurts at times, it does, and if you feel safe under your little pessimism blanket, peeking out every Saturday so be it, but try to drag myself and others under there with you.

Dig out the posts where I thought McClaren and Rowett were going to take us up, I don't deny they happened, but this time next year Rodney, we'll be Premier League.

*I don't even have a milkman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good post - I've also decided to just let myself enjoy it.

I was probably one of the more sceptical fellas when we appointed Lampard, but I'll freely admit he's so more than proved me wrong

Against the teams that want to play football I think I've watched some of the most pleasurable performances of the post-Jim Smith era, and if Frank can work out a way to win against the godawful teams who just want to park the bus then the future is bright

For now we have nothing to fear

You can go to the pub and have a few pints and thoroughly enjoy yourself. Nothing wrong with that. Walking in to a bar at opening and shouting “SHOOOOOOOTS!!!” Is a bit far. Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself but getting carried away can lead to a 10 year hangover, severe liver damage, divorce and bankruptcy.

Probably a bit too much info on my drinking problem there...

so, frank lampard, exciting stuff!

Well, me and the Frogggmeister will be celebrating 3 more points* towards promotion today.

Hows that?

*subject to the result, which is not in anyway confirmed or has been arranged prior to kick off in any way shape or form and is purely reliant on the winning team naturally scoring more goals than the other side on the day.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well, me and the Frogggmeister will be celebrating 3 more points* towards promotion today.

Hows that?

*subject to the result, which is not in anyway confirmed or has been arranged prior to kick off in any way shape or form and is purely reliant on the winning team naturally scoring more goals than the other side on the day.

You don't need to seek my approval, that wasn't the point, I am not the blueprint of what a football fan should be.

When Frank was appointed I was initially sceptical. I felt that more experienced Championship level managers like Paul Cook or Dean Smith would be better fits, and after the first few games I still thought that, then slowly but surely, as the managers philosophy footballing filtered through to the players and the performances got better, I began to enjoy what I was watching. As of right now I am absolutely loving it - I can't wait for every game, I am proud of my club and I love that rival fans are admiring/envious of the quality we show week in, week out. I am not going to get too carried away as there are still things we can improve on, such as breaking down the more defensive teams, but I can see where the club is heading. If its not this season then it will be next, but we are going to smash this league!

13 hours ago, David said:

I'm not going to sit on my hands with a straight face refusing to show any signs of emotion because we failed to go up in previous seasons, nor will I be in fear of what the Forest fans will quote in May if we don't achieve promotion or the so called January curse.

August to May is 10 months.

That's a long time with a lot of good football and great results to sit through predicting doom ahead, sadly this week just shows how quickly life can be taken away from you. 

If we can't enjoy the journey then what is the point?

A couple of months whilst the rounders is on to say, you know what lads Derby were great last season, oh how it's great to be a Ram ei ei ei o on Benidrom beach before we go again and lock all emotions away again for another 10 months.

Forget it! 

The next time you say to another fan, don't get carried away, keep your feet on the ground, stop and ask yourself why? Why are you telling another fan not to enjoy themselves and have a bit of belief in the team? 

We're not players, we're not managers, we are fans, we are here to support the club through thick and thin, highs and lows, 7 days a week. 

We went through the Phil Brown (older generations may have lower) lows for these Frank Lampard highs, *I intend to enjoy them and tell the milkman we're going up.

What's the worst that can happen? Come May dropping your semi skimmed off gives you a little ribbing, so then Derby *chuckles as he walks down the path*. Bring it, at least I get to stay in bed till 9am.

Football hurts at times, it does, and if you feel safe under your little pessimism blanket, peeking out every Saturday so be it, but try to drag myself and others under there with you.

Dig out the posts where I thought McClaren and Rowett were going to take us up, I don't deny they happened, but this time next year Rodney, we'll be Premier League.

*I don't even have a milkman

Meh, it’s good but it  ain’t b4 

38 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Hows that?

My sentiments almost entirely!

Wow! Me agreeing with Boycie?

Strange things are afoot Watson,

I remember walking back to Dad’s car after our last match of the 71-72 season and saying to Mozza ‘It’s been a great season and we’ve finished top even though we’ll probably end up third!”

We weren’t pessimistic, we celebrated a season of great matches.

(We won that League a few day’s later in case anyone didn’t know)

Then Brian and Peter left which was our club’s lowest point.

Fast forward to 74-75 and we won it again!

That’s why we’re Rams 4 life!

Always been positive about the team playing,suppose it comes from being a kid when Hector, Rioch and the likes were my hero's and I could see no wrong in anything Derby.

Not normally a half glass full person,suppose the reality of life and it's many let downs turns you that way.But already in a positive mood this morning believing we will win     3 .O today.?

Excuse me while I MAINTAIN a reasonable level of pessimism (realism) HERE.

Since Bolton TORE us a new ONE at the Macron (what a month ago??), we've gone on to produce a Championship WINNING string of results in October... erm... W2 D3 L1... big deal.

I for one fully expect a bump BACK down to earth FROM in form Birmingham City today and SOME OF you posters can begin ADJUSTING your expectations accordingly.

Close thread.

Archived