Chris Martin

BaaLocks

1 minute ago, SilentRam said:

And Hull have scored. Frazier Campbell. Not looking good for Chris Martin. I have said this before on here. I feel it's karma. Ever since he signed an extension with us while at Fulham AND went on strike he has not been the same player. 

Hope he proves me wrong for a change.

Agreed, biggest mistake we ever made at time and said so.....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

And Hull have scored. Frazier Campbell. Not looking good for Chris Martin. I have said this before on here. I feel it's karma. Ever since he signed an extension with us while at Fulham AND went on strike he has not been the same player. 

Hope he proves me wrong for a change.

Fulham/Jokanovic confirmed that he never went on strike or refused to play. 

Are you a little obsessed?

12 hours ago, SilentRam said:

Sarcasm? Hemed and Nakhi Wells are much better than Chris Martin. He was good once upon a time but I would not be surprised if Hull try to cut his loan short in January. Hopefully we have put in a clause that makes that impossible. 

Mad how bitter and twisted people can be 

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

You must be joking right? He absolutely did. Not everything a manager says is true. I live down the ground from Craven Cottage.

Every home go after he ended his strike he was routinely booed.

32 minutes ago, cannable said:

Mad how bitter and twisted people can be 

Why would I be bitter? It is football. He was a good servant and a good player. He isn't that great anymore. I was one of the best players at under 12's and 14's but that is life.

I am just tired of three years of this. Martin this and Russell that. We are an amazing team and much better without them. Why is having differing opinions on a player 'bitter and twisted'? Enjoy the weekend and relax.

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-loanee-continues-strike-action-12395694

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/601858/Fulham-FC-Leroy-Rosenior-Chris-Martin-Gossip

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/03/former-fulham-striker-slams-derby-county-loanee-chris-martin/

Even the most ardent Martin stans will admit that he did go on strike. Obviously the manager wants to paint a picture of a united front at the time. He has not been the same player since. Again I hope he proves me a MUG and score 20 for Hull so we can get some value for him. But I am not living in fantasy land. 

18 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

You must be joking right? He absolutely did. Not everything a manager says is true. I live down the ground from Craven Cottage.

Every home go after he ended his strike he was routinely booed.

Why would I be bitter? It is football. He was a good servant and a good player. He isn't that great anymore. I was one of the best players at under 12's and 14's but that is life.

I am just tired of three years of this. Martin this and Russell that. We are an amazing team and much better without them. Why is having differing opinions on a player 'bitter and twisted'? Enjoy the weekend and relax.

Nope, surprisingly someone has a different way of looking at things than you. Jokanovic in a press conference after it all died down said Martin never refused to play. It was on their official site/twitter and was discussed here. Obviously Fulham were upset, Martin was upset and Derby/Mclaren wanted him back. It was done to death at the time but no one dealt with it very well and no one particularly ccame out of it very well. But  we moved on, well except you seemingly.

So are you a Derby fan or a Fulham fan with a chip on his shoulder about it?

No one mentioned Martin/Russell for a long time, we are playing a different style now that’s working. I think you got called bitter and twisted when you made out that Martin not scoring Hull’s goal earlier was not looking good for him. For sake of the argument, that’s also why you were called obsessed.

Weekends perfectly relaxed here, just needed to point out an error on a public forum that was tried to be made out to be true.

23 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-loanee-continues-strike-action-12395694

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/601858/Fulham-FC-Leroy-Rosenior-Chris-Martin-Gossip

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/03/former-fulham-striker-slams-derby-county-loanee-chris-martin/

Even the most ardent Martin stans will admit that he did go on strike. Obviously the manager wants to paint a picture of a united front at the time. He has not been the same player since. Again I hope he proves me a MUG and score 20 for Hull so we can get some value for him. But I am not living in fantasy land. 

Ofcourse managers want to give a united front, maybe that’s why they said it in the first place? Don’t believe everything written by journalists, especially ones catering to a local audience!

39 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Nope, surprisingly someone has a different way of looking at things than you. Jokanovic in a press conference after it all died down said Martin never refused to play. It was on their official site/twitter and was discussed here. Obviously Fulham were upset, Martin was upset and Derby/Mclaren wanted him back. It was done to death at the time but no one dealt with it very well and no one particularly ccame out of it very well. But  we moved on, well except you seemingly.

So are you a Derby fan or a Fulham fan with a chip on his shoulder about it?

No one mentioned Martin/Russell for a long time, we are playing a different style now that’s working. I think you got called bitter and twisted when you made out that Martin not scoring Hull’s goal earlier was not looking good for him. For sake of the argument, that’s also why you were called obsessed.

Weekends perfectly relaxed here, just needed to point out an error on a public forum that was tried to be made out to be true.

Ofcourse managers want to give a united front, maybe that’s why they said it in the first place? Don’t believe everything written by journalists, especially ones catering to a local audience!

So the manager was honest, the journalists were lying. Martin never went on strike and had no intention of trying to come back to Derby with Stevie Mac taking over from Pearson. Thanks chief! 

Do you know what, it's not those of us who are big Martin fans and who recognised and applauded the contribution that he made to this club that are starting threads like these, it's the mealy mouthed remarks of those who just want to have a dig at a player so they can claim they were right all along.

I loved Martin when he was Derby's number nine and I want to see him play well wherever he goes in the rest of his career. Not because it proves me 'right' but because he was a good servant for us and a nice bloke and I  wish him well.

I've moved on, I  wish a few more would. (Permanently!)

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Do you know what, it's not those of us who are big Martin fans and who recognised and applauded the contribution that he made to this club that are starting threads like these, it's the mealy mouthed remarks of those who just want to have a dig at a player so they can claim they were right all along.

I loved Martin when he was Derby's number nine and I want to see him play well wherever he goes in the rest of his career. Not because it proves me 'right' but because he was a good servant for us and a nice bloke and I  wish him well.

The voice of sanity at last.....

On 26/10/2018 at 16:37, BaaLocks said:

SInce he finished at Fulham he's tracking at 1 in 18 strike rate in his spells at Hull and Reading.

Chris was a great servant for us, not being ungrateful or churlish, just wondering if the 'he could still do a job for us' brigade still has any active members?

There comes a point when everyone really should move on. 

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Doesn't stop some people having a cheap shot though. Pretty bizarre isn't it? What has he ever done that's so bad to deserve that treatment? Just don't understand it.

To you and others who jumped a little too quickly to assume this was another Chrissy bashing thread you might well take a moment to read what I wrote - I never once criticised the player at all. I just wondered if there are still people out there who think he has a role to play at Derby.

Some do, their view, their opinion - even if it is one I find utterly befuddling. Not because of what Martin has done for us but what he can do for us - in style of play and in where Martin is in his career, form and age, And all for a player that is ours, on our books and looks (at least in my eyes) to have little to look forward to besides sitting on the bench or finishing out his contract on loan - not where anyone would want someone who has given the club what Martin has done to look forward to.

So, to you and all who think you're somehow picking me up for my lack of respect or dislike for Martin take the wood out of your eye and see the thread for what it is. Not BaaLocks (which btw - is the point of the the name, so well done for noticing the obvious).

Thx @David for confirming on the thread move and thx @RoyMac5 for the observation that it's a bit simplistic to suggest that we all just 'move on' when Martin is still a Ram.

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Which is why I said "Chris was a great servant for us, not being ungrateful or churlish". Not too much mealy mouthed in that, as far as I can see.

7 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Pointless thread, not quite sure why it's been started except for having a snide dig at a player that has been a good servant for our club. Give your head a wobble @BaaLocks. You're certainly talking a load of baalocks with this thread.

If you think it was a snide dig then the only fair assumption is that you didn't even read anything more than the thread title.

4 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

To you and others who jumped a little too quickly to assume this was another Chrissy bashing thread you might well take a moment to read what I wrote - I never once criticised the player at all. I just wondered if there are still people out there who think he has a role to play at Derby.

Some do, their view, their opinion - even if it is one I find utterly befuddling. Not because of what Martin has done for us but what he can do for us - in style of play and in where Martin is in his career, form and age, And all for a player that is ours, on our books and looks (at least in my eyes) to have little to look forward to besides sitting on the bench or finishing out his contract on loan - not where anyone would want someone who has given the club what Martin has done to look forward to.

So, to you and all who think you're somehow picking me up for my lack of respect or dislike for Martin take the wood out of your eye and see the thread for what it is. Not BaaLocks (which btw - is the point of the the name, so well done for noticing the obvious).

Thx @David for confirming on the thread move and thx @RoyMac5 for the observation that it's a bit simplistic to suggest that we all just 'move on' when Martin is still a Ram.

4 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

If you think it was a snide dig then the only fair assumption is that you didn't even read anything more than the thread title.

At the risk of getting dragged into a debate thats been done a thousand times, Ill try and clarify my view point to you. Yes you threw in a couple of disclaimers in your initial post but for me it doesn't detract from the fact that it was a badly disguised dig at CM. On a day when another poster starts a thread saying how unified the forum/fan base seems and that the CM debates have all but faded, it's a little crass of you to drag said debate up again. Had you done it during an international break when discussions are thin on the ground then it may have been more understandable. That is my reason for calling you out on a pointless thread. On your initial question as to whether or not he can still do a job for us that's  also a pretty pointless debate as even an ardent "fan boy" as myself realises that his time here is pretty much done. It would be pure supposition to answer that but yes he would have to adapt to fit into the pressing side of it. Would he fit into the possession side of it? Absolutely we've seen him thrive in that environment before. Let's just move on and enjoy what's hopefully gonna be an exciting and successful season.

Archived