I am happy with season so far

B4ev6is

Derby football is just fanstic at the moment best we have seen for a few seasons now we are 6th play off place and only 2 points from the top I think frank lampard is doing a great job. But the way we beat manchester untied with hit and move football when we play like this can not read us very easy.

The lads show how much they love playing derby county again. The closeness was all there to see bewteen the players and the fans.

They dont know when they are beat and keep going. Scary thing is for rest of the league we are only going to get better as season goes on.

We can achieve anything now everything is possbile we need use this new found confordance to good use against bolton starting on saturday. 

Come you rams

Sleeping gaints are waking up.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once we get some consitency, I will start to do a little dance. All looking good at the moment and I think the sleeping giant has an eye open at least. Still too early to make much of anything. 

Bolton is massive really. it will tell us a lot about this team.

I've booked hotel rooms for the following finals, Carabao Cup, FA Cup and Play off final.  

Many have said it will take time for the team to gel and that the football will get better as the season goes on. We've started as well as we could have hoped and, better still, no one has run away with the league and built up a big cushion. 

Having won at Old Trafford (what a lovely thing to write) I reckon we enter stage two of the Frank and Jody project. We have proved to ourselves how good we can be. Now we either embrace that or shrink from it. Can we do it week in week out? Can we build up the head of steam?  

So much seems to hang on every game. I think how we play on Saturday will tell us a whole lot about where we really are and how far we've come. 

Given that this club has been around top 2 at@ Christmas for the last 4 seasons we might expect to continue to do well in the league. Playing high % possession football is good. Nugent Lawrence Jayden Mount Wilson Marriott Waghorn FloJo all contributing along with Bryson and Bradders.

If we can sneak into top 2 in october- and start putting a bit of daylight between  us and third that would be cool.

Can we be top of the league soon? 

Let's enjoy the ride?! 

Surely mount Lawrence and Wilson may score a couple more freekicks soon ? 

Buzzing to the top! 

For me, the next step change will be to have 17-18 players all in good form.

so we can rotate to genuinely give people a break and keep things fresh, rather than our recent seasons' bad runs where players have gone badly off the boil, to be replaced out of desperation by players in even worse form.

Imagine being able to give Harry or Mason a day off, to have a Tom Lawrence at his peak replacing them and running teams ragged........

oh happy days.....?

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Once we get some consitency, I will start to do a little dance. All looking good at the moment and I think the sleeping giant has an eye open at least. Still too early to make much of anything. 

Bolton is massive really. it will tell us a lot about this team.

I've booked hotel rooms for the following finals, Carabao Cup, FA Cup and Play off final.  

By booked, do you mean you've told the missus to make up the spare room on those dates?

Or is it the other way round, and you've booked a visit to the master bedroom on those nights?

Proof will be how we react to a massive set back. Season-long injury to a key player, no wins in January, an off-pitch scandal etc.

These sorts of events have been the true mental tests over the last few seasons, and every time we’ve been unable to bounce back and get our game back to full ‘swagger’. 

It’s all looking rosy right now, but we’re Derby County, and it’s never that simple is it. 

Just now, hintonsboots said:

Did anyone see the Rams fan punching the back of the seat in front of him when Mophead equalised ? My first thought was that boys got passion for the Rams running through him and it must be the boy B4? ...was it you mate ?

Kicking it, trying to break it off I thought.

After Rotherham away I thought it was a bit stupid of him, and if he did break it will be bang to rights.

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Proof will be how we react to a massive set back. Season-long injury to a key player, no wins in January, an off-pitch scandal etc.

These sorts of events have been the true mental tests over the last few seasons, and every time we’ve been unable to bounce back and get our game back to full ‘swagger’. 

It’s all looking rosy right now, but we’re Derby County, and it’s never that simple is it. 

Now the removal men have removed the wardrobe this forum developed into a much more readable medium. I think we deserve a bit of luck on the injury front, with the added bonus of our speed of play meaning the oppo find it difficult to get many challenges in. Mount is key to getting promoted I feel.

34 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Did anyone see the Rams fan punching the back of the seat in front of him when Mophead equalised ? My first thought was that boys got passion for the Rams running through him and it must be the boy B4? ...was it you mate ?

No it was not me

I got more respect than that for people.

the football we are playing is the kind of footy i like.

plenty of possession. Lots more shots than last season.

the only thing missing is an extra special favourite player.

(i struggle to bond with loan players unless they're called Leon or Osman).

Archived