Can it get EVEN better?

StarterForTen

We're a better team without Lawrence until he learns teammates aren't support cast for his Ronaldo wannabe show. 

Our better performances this season have come without him in the side. 

I'm not saying it's him playing that transforms the other 10 players into dog pooh. But there's so many wasted attacks on him. Some of the intricate passing last night would not have happened with Lawrence on. 

Davies is our most solid defender but weirdly he's going to really struggle to get in. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

We're a better team without Lawrence until he learns teammates aren't support cast for his Ronaldo wannabe show. 

Our better performances this season have come without him in the side. 

I'm not saying it's him playing that transforms the other 10 players into dog pooh. But there's so many wasted attacks on him. Some of the intricate passing last night would not have happened with Lawrence on. 

Davies is our most solid defender but weirdly he's going to really struggle to get in. 

I like Lawrence but I agree with all of the above. It may be Lawrence has to learn his role from Jody & Frank as I believe he has the talent. Until he does not a bad option to have on the bench if we need a really direct approach for the last 20 mins. 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

First where did I say tap in? I said roles it in, as in places it into the bottom corner with minimal effort. Johnson is not close enough to Lingard, hence why Fozzy has closed him down.

Look at the still from when Lingard plays the ball, if Fozzy isn't there that is a shot on target, time and space to pick the corner out. Still 1-0 and Fozzy gets slammed by people who can't wait to stick a boot in because he didn't cover. Johnson has no chance of getting a block in where he is. 

Screenshot_20180926-145843.jpg

Maybe I was harsh to criticise him for that, but I still believe that he is the weak link in defence I don't think he made a tackle all match and at one point he let matic of all people run  past him and cut inside.

3 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Maybe I was harsh to criticise him for that, but I still believe that he is the weak link in defence I don't think he made a tackle all match and at one point he let matic of all people run  past him and cut inside.

How dare he let such a crap player as Matic run past him and cut inside?

I've tried to like several comments on this thread that put an alternative point of view to yours, but as I have run out of likes due to the amazing win and performance last night, I'm just going to say if you want to find scapegoats go and do it somewhere else.

It's the same after every match. digging individual players out that you don't rate, and it's very boring.

6 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Not being funny but maybe it’s just the way you are looking at him ? Given that you accept that your being harsh when that incident is examined and put to you in picture evidence it may be the case that a lot more of what you see could be changed if you went through every incident rather than just a general he s the weak link blanket view

1 hour ago, dcfc4ever said:

I think your Bris in disguise as your just as clueless with your comments.You ever heard “why change a winning side” .As for your comments on Lawrence your way off the mark.Rather than call players why don’t you find something positive to say like we have great talented players with cover in all positions of which all are very capable of tackling,passing,scoring and our set piece option has never been so great with Mount,Wilson and Lawrence all fantastic from a dead ball.Leave team selection to the expert Frankie L

City win every week does that mean they play the same team every week? Obviously we are not city but squad rotation is needed to keep players happy , to avoid injuries and to avoid fatigue. I said 2 changes were needed not half the team that wont disrupt the flow as by playing the same midfield 3 the same striker and the same centre backs the spine of the team remains the same, so it should not make us play any worse.  Bennet hasn't scored a goal yet and he was selfish not to pass to Wilson last night , he has been great as an impact sub but has had no end product when he has started . Waghorn and Jozefoon have only played a few games and have both scored 2 and have showed flashes of quality I am not sure Bennet has , I know he is popular because he is a homegrown player and runs his ass off but I'm not convinced when he starts, As for Lawrence he has scored some nice goals but is very selfish and constantly looses the ball. Also I was very positive after the game and I am very happy with the performance , and I am very positive that we can win most games and appreciate this is the best team we have had in years. However, that doesn't stop me voicing my opinion that I don't rate forsyth or Lawrence and I am not convinced Bennet should start when he hasn't done enough in the final third when he has started to keep his place.

2 hours ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

As I suggested in my post maybe Malone is no better but in that case he is a waste of money considering we had lowe available as back up and Olsson when he returns , you dont spend 3mill on a sub full back in this league unless you have a wolves or forest level of transfer budget.

From what we've seen so far, Forsyth is playing at a higher level overall than Malone. Do you really want to pick Malone just coz the club paid 2-3m for him? Personally I don't think Frank expected to get this much out of Forsyth himself or it could even be that he didn't want to rely on Forsyth given his injury concerns in recent years and went to get an attacking fullback. 

Just because we beat them doesn't mean we don't have 1 or 2 players who could come in and improve the side , I 'm not convinced with forsyth or Bennet starting.

What a coincidence, because I'm not convinced with your posting.

Maybe signing Malone has given Forsyth the kick up the backside he needed and a bit of competition?  I would be the first to agree that he had a shocker last season, but a fresh start with a new manager seems to have done him the world of good.  

I don’t think we should be picking players because they are new or because of a price tag.  We surely bought these players to build a squad with no (or at least fewer) weaknesses in depth.  Even if FL thought Malone was needed because Forsyth wasn’t up to it, the fact he is keeping Malone out ought to be celebrated with a hearty slap on the back for lifting his game.

Equally, calling any player a waste of money at this stage in the season (or a dud) is obviously premature.  In the main you can only really ever judge this at the end of a season or after the player has left; at which point you can properly assess their contribution.  I’m sure all the signings will make some contribution at some point this season.

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

What a coincidence, because I'm not convinced with your posting.

I'm sorry I didn't know that just because the team put in an amazing performance I am not allowed  to say that someone outside of the 11 should start , I am not saying some our players are completely rubbish and should never play for us again, I am simply saying I believe that maybe we should make 1 or 2 changes as we have a good squad and should use it and give certain players more of a chance. I have hardly said get Keogh and Johnson out they are clueless twits, are you convinced that Forsyth and Bennet have done enough to start every match , despite the quality we have waiting for a proper chance?

Wilson is a much better player, faster ,looses the ball less  and created chances from nothing and Lawrence annoys me with his lack of chances created for other players.

I didn’t say for Wilson you said he should be nowhere near the 1st team for some reason?

Wilson is a much better player, faster ,looses the ball less  and created chances from nothing and Lawrence annoys me with his lack of chances created for other players.

Will he annoy you if he scores 14 goals this season? He can make the wrong decision at times and can frustrate but he’s a good player at this level and we will need his goals.

Just now, derbydaz22 said:

Will he annoy you if he scores 14 goals this season? He can make the wrong decision at times and can frustrate but he’s a good player at this level and we will need his goals.

If he scored 14 I would be happy, but Wilson playing on the left has made a massive difference last 2 matches his all round game just seems better also I think Wilson could manage 14 as well.

7 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I didn’t say for Wilson you said he should be nowhere near the 1st team for some reason?

I 'm not sure he can play well on the right and Wilson should start on the left, If Mount got injured I think he could do a decent job as an attacking midfielder role as I think that's where he was at his best for Ipswich .but If mount and Wilson stay fit I don't see where he fits in.

6 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I'm sorry I didn't know that just because the team put in an amazing performance I am not allowed  to say that someone outside of the 11 should start , I am not saying some our players are completely rubbish and should never play for us again, I am simply saying I believe that maybe we should make 1 or 2 changes as we have a good squad and should use it and give certain players more of a chance. I have hardly said get Keogh and Johnson out they are clueless twits, are you convinced that Forsyth and Bennet have done enough to start every match , despite the quality we have waiting for a proper chance?

Players have to win a shirt, that is why those players have come into the starting lineup - based on the performance of them and others in their respective positions.

Forsyth has absolutely done enough to start every match at the moment, he's playing very well. Malone, in his substitute appearances has not done enough to dislodge him. Until he does, or if Forsyth's performance weakens over 3-4 games, Forsyth is the starter. A settled back four is the key to a successful defence.

Bennett on the other hand. He put in some excellent cameos from the bench at a time when nobody else was claiming the spot. As a result, he has been given 4-5 games to show the position should be his. Over the last couple of games I would question whether he is continuing to do that based on his end product. Josefzoon has come on recently and done enough to suggest to me that it is his turn to try and claim it as Bennett's performance levels haven't quite been where they were. Ultimately I expect Waghorn to get a chance and take it.

Having a big squad doesn't have to mean constant tinkering, it can also mean that you give players a chance to prove they deserve to start, knowing there is competition. If those players have the right mentality, like Marriott does based on his comments last night, they see it as a challenge to motivate them. As a group, those are the players you need.

I believe Lampard is doing the right thing. He is giving people a few games to claim a spot with the knowledge he has others ready to go if a player doesn't take his chance. Earn the right to start, basically. Forsyth has done that and is continuing to do it. Bennett has done that but is possibly starting to drop off a bit.

That's how I see it anyway.

As I suggested in my post maybe Malone is no better but in that case he is a waste of money considering we had lowe available as back up and Olsson when he returns , you dont spend 3mill on a sub full back in this league unless you have a wolves or forest level of transfer budget.

I'll see that comment and raise you, Robert Earnshaw, Francois Grenet, Jacob Butterfield, Liam Dickinson, Lee Morris. We've been wasting money for years. Most teams do it.

3 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I 'm not sure he can play well on the right and Wilson should start on the left, If Mount got injured I think he could do a decent job as an attacking midfielder role as I think that's where he was at his best for Ipswich .but If mount and Wilson stay fit I don't see where he fits in.

He can start on the right but we don’t play a rigid system under Frank and players interchange during the game.

36 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Counter that with the challenge on Lukaku when he was practically on the goal line and headed over, if that had been any of our other Lbs it would have probably been a goal as Lukaku would have just powered past them, like Lowe against Reading, Olsson in a number of games, I can't comment on Malone from viewing experience but don't believe he is very strong in the air but happy to be proved wrong on that. 

32 minutes ago, angieram said:

How dare he let such a crap player as Matic run past him and cut inside?

I've tried to like several comments on this thread that put an alternative point of view to yours, but as I have run out of likes due to the amazing win and performance last night, I'm just going to say if you want to find scapegoats go and do it somewhere else.

It's the same after every match. digging individual players out that you don't rate, and it's very boring.

You will just have to go back and like my posts when you get some more likes

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

It’s possibly not what you’re saying but when you’re saying it. In the warm afterglow of our best performance/result in a decade. A performance that every single player, played out of their skin to achieve. It seems a little trite to start culling any of them just yet

Archived