Can it get EVEN better?

StarterForTen

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Maybe I was harsh to criticise him for that, but I still believe that he is the weak link in defence I don't think he made a tackle all match and at one point he let matic of all people run  past him and cut inside.

Half way through the first half, Lukaku was stopped what would have been a free header on goal. Instead his header went safely over the bar. Why? Because someone jumped with him, which was enough to put him off. That person Craig Forsyth. Just as good as making a last ditch tackle.

Disclaimer (I am not a keogh basher, scapegoater etc.) but

All this knocking of Forsyth this, Bennett that ....

That howler by Keogh, we could/should have been two down, am I the only one who saw it?

To be fair it did seem to bobble in front of him and he was very very appreciative to Tomori

Still as someone once said he always has ........

Can it get EVEN better?

Yes, given time. However, we will lose games along the way, players will make mistakes, some players will play better some weeks than others.

Will we all still be there for them when this happens? 

I will because I like the look of all of this but I’m realistic too. Hope everyone else is?

21 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

You do know that we actually beat Man Utd last night? And you want to drop players based on their performance. Seriously?

22 hours ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

My first choice 11 would be:

Carson

Bogle  Keogh Tomori Malone

Bryson    Johnson

Mount

Waghorn/Jozefoon   Nugent  Wilson

If Malone isn't better than Forsyth I don't know why the hell we bought him when Lowe is good enough as a back up option, I thought Forsyth was the weak link in our defence last night he did well going forward but his defensive positioning was awful for both goals. He defends far too narrowly , to the extent that for the Fellani header he was standing in the middle of the goal 6 yards out instead of doing his job and blocking the cross, for the 1st goal he should have stood 3 yards to the right of Lingard to block the passing lane into Mata and just jockeyed instead of diving in. On many occasions Johnson, Mount or Wilson were doing the dirty work down our left hand side whilst Forsyth stood next to our centre backs and watched and didn't affect the game defensively I don't think he made 1 tackle in the whole game. Bennet is more of an impact sub for me, he seems to play better when he comes on for the last 15minutes , Waghorn and Jozefoon are much more clinical in front of goal.

Forsyth was good against Man U. Remember he was defending against world class players. He did a great job as did all the team. Acknowledge the positives, the team were playing top level opponents. 

Archived