Rotherham Security

Coneheadjohn

3 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Don’t beat yourself up about it @coneheadjohn you just wanted to give your lad a lift which is perfectly fine.

No excuse whatsoever the way the Rotherham security acted.

Couldnt agree more.

Plus, if you hadn't gone we would have won 6-0 and he would have been saying 'why didn't you take me'. Curse of parenthood.

Perfectly normal for you to react when your child's safety is being compromised. 

As an aside I can't help wondering if some of the nasty atmosphere and fan behaviour attributed to the general tone of the way you were treated?

Its also weird how this totally puts into perspective the game itself...yet somehow I suspect come Tues even you and Joel will be fretting about the 3 points again. 

Hope he wakes up and feels ok.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Couldnt agree more.

Plus, if you hadn't gone we would have won 6-0 and he would have been saying 'why didn't you take me'. Curse of parenthood.

Perfectly normal for you to react when your child's safety is being compromised. 

As an aside I can't help wondering if some of the nasty atmosphere and fan behaviour attributed to the general tone of the way you were treated?

Its also weird how this totally puts into perspective the game itself...yet somehow I suspect come Tues even you and Joel will be fretting about the 3 points again. 

Hope he wakes up and feels ok.

We went at half time mate,everyone was fine, @Mrs Cone had finished work and was picking us up at the police station,we were fine.

Myself,Joel and Josh were the only ones leaving.

Joel’s fine,no major issues.Just his everyday issues made worse by the occasion etc.

Its that physical/mental health balance.

@rynny,they tried to turn it round on me as the aggressor and I was agitated but all I wanted to do was get Joel home and know why they were pushing me about.

Then the police come and it’s all,if you don’t calm down we’ll arrest you.

To be fair the police were fine with me but I wanted to know why they were pushing me??

I think I’m even more angry about it this morning,I hope they’ve got CCTV of the whole incident.

44 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Did the police have bodycams on John ? Might be handy if they did. Really sorry to read about your experience and hope you get an explanation and apology from RUFC. Best wishes to you all. 

I reckon they did,but it will need to be the ground CCTV.

The police came when it escalated after I was pushed so I don’t think they will have seen the original incident,any cameras around the outside of the away should show everything and I will be asking to see it.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Hope you are all ok today.

He’s fine mate,it was nothing sinister it was just the effects of long term illness that I had misjudged, but there was nothing nasty going on.

I’ll get him probably Tuesday/ Wednesday just to check,I think it’s safe to say that’s the end of the season in terms of going to football.

Wasn’t nice to see him slumped in the stand like that,he looked forward to that game so much.

26 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Hope Joel is okay?

If you wish to take the complaint forward I can recommend speaking to Amanda Jacks from the FSF as she would be very interested in assisting you.

If you would like her mobile just drop me a DM. I have known Amanda for years and she will be a big help.

I’ll message you.

On a slightly related note... towards the bottom, there was a woman who fell over the seats in front of her, bashed her ribs on the seats and landing rather awkwardly.

The first aiders came over rather quickly, looked at her then walked away. It probably took another 5 minutes to get them back over as she looked in real pain. During those 5 minutes, the first aiders were standing 3 meters away and kept looking over and gesturing “what do you want us to do / we can’t do anything”. 

Anyway, when they eventually did return, they took her away, and it must have been fairly bad as she didn’t return. 

3 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

He’s fine mate,it was nothing sinister it was just the effects of long term illness that I had misjudged, but there was nothing nasty going on.

I’ll get him probably Tuesday/ Wednesday just to check,I think it’s safe to say that’s the end of the season in terms of going to football.

Wasn’t nice to see him slumped in the stand like that,he looked forward to that game so much.

Thats such a shame. Not the same but you have sky/rams tv for midweek games now.

@coneheadjohn I'm gutted for you and your lads that your day turned out the way it did. You should be proud of yourself for showing enough restraint to not spark out the steward even though that's what he deserved. I'd probably be waking up in a police cell this morning if I was in your shoes. Please keep us posted on how you get on with your complaint. I hope the idiotic steward gets what he deserves.

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

@coneheadjohn I'm gutted for you and your lads that your day turned out the way it did. You should be proud of yourself for showing enough restraint to not spark out the steward even though that's what he deserved. I'd probably be waking up in a police cell this morning if I was in your shoes. Please keep us posted on how you get on with your complaint. I hope the idiotic steward gets what he deserves.

The scary thing is it nearly went wrong in the sense that we would have been arrested and any sort of blow or bang to Joel’s head could be really bad.

And believe it or not I am the most passive easy going guy @Mrs Conesays I’m a pussy?.

3 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

The scary thing is it nearly went wrong in the sense that we would have been arrested and any sort of blow or bang to Joel’s head could be really bad.

And believe it or not I am the most passive easy going guy @Mrs Conesays I’m a pussy?.

It's a good job you're passive and easy going. That situation could quite easily have gone horribly wrong. 

@coneheadjohn@coneheadjohn sorry to hear about your ordeal mate, no fan should have to go through what you did, Derby fan or otherwise, we're all fathers/sons/brothers etc and our families come first. 

It's a real shame their stewarding/policing was as poor as it was yesterday. No excuses for the fans that were like they were yesterday, but there seemed to be no control or organisation from the staff whatsoever. The fact that they put clearly some of the youngest and most inexperienced staff on the separations between home and away fans was bad to see, the poor lads/lasses looked scared witless when things got bad. 

The fans who did need pulling out/arresting etc were just given frowning looks, puts the fans around them in a tough position at times too. The whole situation seems to have arisen from a sellout away stand without the staff numbers to match it. 

Hopefully both clubs can discuss this properly to make future games better for everyone concerned. 

You sould make a complaint, especially if the security acted agressively towards you, and the police saw this.  The security will all be registered through the SIA, eventhough you may not have names and badge numbers, they will have a record of who worked, where and when.

https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/complaints-and-appeals/make-complaint

https://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/contact-complaint.aspx

Also worth a look into, section 22, re CCTV

https://www.themillers.co.uk/club/ground-regulations/

I know you have enough on your plate, however abuse of power and threats from position of 'percieved' power should be reported.

Why am I not surprised it is South Yorkshire Police...

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

It's a good job you're passive and easy going. That situation could quite easily have gone horribly wrong. 

It really is mate, the situation could have been very different.

Can I just say to any of you guys that don't know @coneheadjohn personally, he is a complete gentleman (and a pussy) he is not the sort of man to create a volatile situation, he is always respectful of security as this is something he worked in for many many years and not an easy job. 

Proud of the way he re-acted in a situation I would have probably made much much worse x

22 minutes ago, Mrs Cone said:

It really is mate, the situation could have been very different.

Can I just say to any of you guys that don't know @coneheadjohn personally, he is a complete gentleman (and a pussy) he is not the sort of man to create a volatile situation, he is always respectful of security as this is something he worked in for many many years and not an easy job. 

Proud of the way he re-acted in a situation I would have probably made much much worse x

You can tell by the way he conducts himself on this forum what a gent he is. He always has time to listen/help with anyone elses problems despite having a considerable amount on his own plate to deal with. The man is a keeper @Mrs Cone. Look after him and your boys. ?

Archived