last night's highlights

JoeDerby

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Could Huddlestone, Mount and Johnson be the right balance in midfield?????

That front 3 and midfield 3 should be how we start in the league as well. Swap Bogle back in when fit and add Carson back in and thats our first team.

5 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Could Huddlestone, Mount and Johnson be the right balance in midfield?????

I think so. I have a feeling Bryson and Mount want to play the same game and could be a good combo for when we feel like teams are going to sit off us at home. Johnson just adds some steal to the midfield and wins his headers.

Huddlestone is the player we need to get us playing in the right area of the pitch. This formation needs a calm, reliable option for the defenders to pass to. That's him all over. I would actually like to see these as the main options for the midfield positions:

Huddlestone/Thorne
Johnson/Evans       Mount/Bryson

The metronome sat deep, and the physical presence sat alongside the guy who will playing most of the game in and around the area.

I'm not sure where Ledley would fit in. He's a good player with bags of experience, but I don't think he's mobile enough to play either of the front two roles and he's too sloppy positionally to play as the anchor. We're bound to have injuries, so having him as a backup will be useful. Maybe in the Johnson role.

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

That front 3 and midfield 3 should be how we start in the league as well. Swap Bogle back in when fit and add Carson back in and thats our first team.

Must admit I was really excited when I saw the team sheet. Shame not to see either Chris and George on the bench but you really can't argue with Frank and Jody's player assessments right now given recent results and the clear progress being made. I did have a little chuckle to myself though thinking about how Hull must have felt. On hearing that Derby are to make 8-9 changes for cup game at Hull - yay! Then they see the line up - oh crap! Not too many sides in this division can put out a 'cup side' with the kind of attacking options we had last night. With hindsight, it's arguably a stronger 11 than we've played in the last two league fixtures! COYR

2 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

In all the excitement it is easy to forget that the Hull team was a very inexperienced shadow of their normal selves. Easy to look good against.

Just saying..

Take the positives, they made one more change to there team than us (we made 8, they made 9), huge strength in depth.

Confidence boost for the lads, just what we needed in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Take the positives, they made one more change to there team than us (we made 8, they made 9), huge strength in depth.

I don't think their starting 11 are much better I saw a hull fan  saying they will probably loose 5 0 on Saturday, and TBH if Nugent had played upfront instead of marriot who is a bit rusty it probably would have been  6 0 last night.

5 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

I agree, but Hud and Co against academy kids is not the same as some bruiser putting himself about.

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

In all the excitement it is easy to forget that the Hull team was a very inexperienced shadow of their normal selves. Easy to look good against.

Just saying..

Let's hope Frank will remind the team that and make sure they play even harder to avoid the cliche result

4 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Where’s the ramsTV highlights? It’s 12pm and they’re not up!!!!

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

The highlights, and the full 90 minutes from the Oldham game were up on the Thursday.

They said yesterday that they would be up on Thursday morning.

11 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Just saying..

Agreed, good result, albeit in a poorly attended Cup game. So we have to be realistic. This Saturdays result will be a better indicator. 

Archived