Luke Thomas Watch

Rambalin

Coventry fans very impressed with his appearance from the bench today.

A few quotes......

Thought he looked a class act today when he came on.

Looks a talent and we will be lucky to have him. Direct with quick feet. 

Very impressed with this young lad today, looks like a proper player !

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad he has gone to Coventry on loan, decent enough level of football and a young squad also. Needs games to get experience. Clearly the lad has talent, it's a great deal for both clubs and the player.

Looking forward to see how this lad progresses. Hopefully becomes a player from our U23's that is able to make the step up. 

I still think loans are a waste of time. They tell you the player can handle X role in X system at X level. 

In terms of player development he gets used to playing against full-backs that aren’t as good as what he will be playing against. 

If you’re good enough you’re old enough 

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

I still think loans are a waste of time. They tell you the player can handle X role in X system at X level. 

In terms of player development he gets used to playing against full-backs that aren’t as good as what he will be playing against. 

Being good enough to play for Derby doesn't make him a better option than the other players in his position though. And if its a question of playing on loan at a lower level for half a season v sitting on the bench/at home hoping that a "better" (in the eyes of the staff) gets injured or has a bad run of form, most players would choose the loan. 

22 minutes ago, cannable said:

Yeah cos the CEO of Apple went straight from school into his role didn't he. 

Doesn't matter what profession you're in, you still have to learn and a lot of the time, those who learn from the bottom to the top are the best ones.

Your statement is just silly and very narrow minded. 

13 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Doesn't matter what profession you're in, you still have to learn and a lot of the time, those who learn from the bottom to the top are the best ones.

Yeah and Pele should have waited until he was older before playing.  And the fella that runs Facebook should have gone to Costa to cut his teeth.

Thomas has probably been through years of academy learning his role. I make @cannable correct, if you are good enough, you are old enough. Also agree with @Alpha I would have liked him around.. As Rowett would have said 'in the building'.

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Yeah and Pele should have waited until he was older before playing.  And the fella that runs Facebook should have gone to Costa to cut his teeth.

Thomas has probably been through years of academy learning his role. I make @cannable correct, if you are good enough, you are old enough. Also agree with @Alpha I would have liked him around.. As Rowett would have said 'in the building'.

Every player is different - you know nothing about Luke Thomas and what might and might not be suitable for him.

I would have liked him to stay, but that's not what the club have decided. The loan is until January when possibly, he can come back into the club a more mature player and offer more than what he currently can. Would you rather him play 20 games between now and January or just a handful of substitute appearances? 

31 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

He’s 19, he’s as good technically as he ever will be and as quick as he ever will be. Now it’s about find a role. 

25 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Every player is different - you know nothing about Luke Thomas and what might and might not be suitable for him.

I would have liked him to stay, but that's not what the club have decided. The loan is until January when possibly, he can come back into the club a more mature player and offer more than what he currently can. Would you rather him play 20 games between now and January or just a handful of substitute appearances? 

Exactly.. So why did you decide to generalise? I might know Luke, you don't know that I don't.

I did not sya the club was wrong, You made the big statement.. 

Its more about "seasoning" or "work hardening" than anything.

Playing competitive games regularly just for learning what that is like is part of development. Some players need more, some.need very little.

There was the west ham rumour in tge summer, hes got ability, needs to.make the jump to being "a proper footballer"

5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Exactly.. So why did you decide to generalise? I might know Luke, you don't know that I don't.

I did not sya the club was wrong, You made the big statement.. 

No, I commented on 'If you're good enough, you're old enough'.

Not every player is the same. Pele (as you mentioned) was obviously one of those players that developed early and probably needed very little coaching. Along with the likes of Ronaldo, Messi etc.

Look at Harry Kane - would you say the loan did him good or not?

2 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

When you start and end your points like this... Meh.. 

You could have made your point completly differently and made your comments constructive.

Have to suspect lampard is the first manager thinking with player development longer than the life expectancy of a derby manager. Only Mel will decide if that’s a good or bad thing. Picked pieces of failed plans has been the downfall of our squad for a while but if it all follows through could be impressive. 

You suspect the Thomas loan is directly aligned to the Wilson one. If Wilson/Liverpool do an Ibe then he could come back to be a big player for the 2nd half of the season. If Wilson is staying the same for Thomas and Coventry. 

Not sure on the player for tomori as we really don’t have a permanent backing him up. Unless there is a feasible option for him permanent with aina, kalas etc all being let go of. Be interested to see keoghs future. Is tomori edging him out the door and the incoming fee/budget then used for a younger option?

Mount could be one of many? Elsnik, Sibley, Guy, bird or as a slightly different option Holmes being converted from a wide man to a playmaker

16 minutes ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Popped into the club shop today, excited after seeing this thread title.

What a disappointment. Still no Luke Thomas watch in stock. No Max Bird alarm clock either. Tempted by the Tom Huddlestone sundial though....

To be fair, Huddlestone could be a sundial he moves so slow ?

Archived