We’re gonna win the league! Actually no changed my mind. Frank’s gone by September.

Duracell

Have had to pretty much stay away from the forum since that defeat. To be honest, I've had to stay away from football in general. Couldn't even bring myself to watch MOTD last night, I was that depressed after the game.

Man, that hurt. You get yourself so excited for football to come back to Pride Park and then BANG! Absolutely torn-apart in our own backyard by none other than Dirty Leeds. They will do well this season, they're a car going at 99mph in a 70mph and at the minute. Mind you, driving like that normally results in a crash.

There's no doubt in my mind that we're going down the right route. We're trying to play good football, and we've brought in some top players. It will click for us, sooner or later. Frank just needs to be given time, as do the players, who need to learn how each other play and get used to each other. Wilson, Mount, Waghorn...they've got the quality. They just need time.

So I know how much that hurt, but can we all just chill out and let this team learn how to play? We're not going down, so just calm it.  

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a football forum, made up of a wide spectrum of keyboard warriors of different ages and people from all walks of life not all of which will be like minded to a poster, therefore what do you expect.

If you want a  conversation about the game, why not try something radical and goto the pub or somewhere with your mates where the chances are you will have a like minded chat with people more on your wavelength.

im getting bored with the over reaction about our fans, from these holier than now people, maybe I should start a thread....or maybe not ? 

Let’s rewind to the second game last season.... lost 0-2 to eventual champions Wolves after a draw away at Sunderland. 8 different players yesterday to those that started against Wolves.... we have some new young fresh talent that we’ve got to give all the help they need.... knackers to yesterday!

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Have had to pretty much stay away from the forum since that defeat. To be honest, I've had to stay away from football in general. Couldn't even bring myself to watch MOTD last night, I was that depressed after the game.

Man, that hurt. You get yourself so excited for football to come back to Pride Park and then BANG! Absolutely torn-apart in our own backyard by none other than Dirty Leeds. They will do well this season, they're a car going at 99mph in a 70mph and at the minute. Mind you, driving like that normally results in a crash.

There's no doubt in my mind that we're going down the right route. We're trying to play good football, and we've brought in some top players. It will click for us, sooner or later. Frank just needs to be given time, as do the players, who need to learn how each other play and get used to each other. Wilson, Mount, Waghorn...they've got the quality. They just need time.

So I know how much that hurt, but can we all just chill out and let this team learn how to play? We're not going down, so just calm it.  

Like your comment about Leeds being a car going 99mph in a 70mph. Yes they will crash. Crash and burn would be a better way of describing them. Last season after 7 matches they were top of the table with an incredible plus 12 goal difference. Their Argentine coach in his last few jobs done the same style, which no team can sustain all season. Its a pity we met them so early in our fixtures.

11 hours ago, Bigfella said:

Also, as one of the Sky pundits said, Leeds had 10 players who started yesterday were there last year. They know how  to play together and the movement and runs that team mates will make. We are on a learning curve as a team and it will take time. Last season people were moaning that we had too many older players, now we’ve bitten the bullet and introduced younger legs we want instant success.

It’s  a journey

Keep the faith

Yes. Perspective is needed. I'm sure Lampard will re assess his thoughts on challenging for promotion and be realistic about this season. Mid table with promise for next season is about right, with all the changes. 

Up until their 3rd goal I actually thought it was a cracking match. Yes, they were better than us but we continually tried to take the game to them and really should have made it 2-2 early in the second half. Their 3rd was against the run of play.

There was more positives in that defeat than some of last seasons wins under Rowett.

31 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Up until their 3rd goal I actually thought it was a cracking match. Yes, they were better than us but we continually tried to take the game to them and really should have made it 2-2 early in the second half. Their 3rd was against the run of play.

There was more positives in that defeat than some of last seasons wins under Rowett.

Totally agree with this. Yes, the result was crap but it was a good game and we tried to play football. I thought there was lots of stuff that didn’t quite come off but it will. We’ll get better. It’s already more entertaining than much of last season.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Totally agree.

Unfortunately the fourth goal just four minutes later was a collective disaster. 

22 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Some fans of the club. Sorry. Wrong word. 

Can you be clear on what exactly has ground your gears here, I’m lost. I’m not trying to wind anyone up.

The over reaction and total lack of judgement of fans makes me embarrassed as well as disgusted . But a thread which then over reacts to the overreaction is just getting worse. Surely the best place to challenge the over reaction is at source in the existing threads if you want to go there.

Its the rage and the creation of thread after thread all moaning away i suppose is what grinds my wotsits.

As utch and one or two others have stated, it was actually a great game until the third goal. Yes there were mistakes a plenty, but Leeds were bloody good. It was like a boxing match with two fighters absolutely going for it until a hammer blow effectively ended the contest. The fourth goal was like a sucker punch when one dazed contestant no longer even had his guard up. If it was a boxing match then the towel would have been thrown in at that point and ref would have stopped it. The champion continually dug deep to find that something extra. Still a great fight though.

if fans  haven't got either the stomach or the emotional intelligence to handle a defeat then god help us if we ever do get promoted. Fulham - a good side - just spent £100 million and lost at home to crystal palace. West ham spent £100 million and got wasted 4-0. 

Maybe we should have a rogues gallery for the most stupid posts. Unfortunately there are just too many. Its been an utter deluge of overly negative nonsense.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

The over reaction and total lack of judgement of fans makes me embarrassed as well as disgusted . But a thread which then over reacts to the overreaction is just getting worse. Surely the best place to challenge the over reaction is at source in the existing threads if you want to go there.

Aren't you overreacting to the OP a bit?  

In fact this thread isn't an overreaction at all.  It is simply pointing out that there has been an overreaction to the 1-4 defeat by Leeds, and that there seems to have been excessive and unrealistic optimism prior to the the season kicking off, given that we had a new inexperienced manager with a whole bunch of new players.  

It's not unreasonable to start a new thread to make this point rather than having to address it repeatedly in several other threads.  

I'm not expecting too much from this season, it's going be a steep learning curve for the management team and a lot of our players.  If we play attacking attractive football with a good work ethic and are in with a shout of making the play-off as the season's end approaches I'll be absolutely delighted.  It would be great to see us progress as a team too, to actually see us improve as the season wears on...that would be a bonus, and something refreshingly different considering the last few campaigns. 

22 minutes ago, Highgate said:

In fact this thread isn't an overreaction at all. 

If you can show me where someone said we are going to win the league, and then reverted to saying that frank will be gone by September then i'll acceot your point. However I suspect its just another OTT reaction.

Just now, RamNut said:

If you can show me where someone said we are going to win the league, and then reverted to saying that frank will be gone by September then i'll accept your point. However I suspect its just another OTT reaction.

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

If you can show me where someone said we are going to win the league, and then reverted to saying that frank will be gone by September then i'll acceot your point. However I suspect its just another OTT reaction.

Got to laugh at you getting aggy about a thread asking people to chill out.

frank is the best thing to happen to the club. he needs time and we got players we normally wouldnt get. the team has not gelled yet and i think we still have a good chance , we havent used all the talent yet because they missed pre season. get a grip dont run down the team it does not help them and not us either. im so sick of the negative thoughts put down here , be positive and it will lift the team. ok there was some things that need sorting. the age of defence is starting to show. think wisdom doing a great job but lowe needs to be loaned but i see quality there. time for a bit of a change and get nugent playing again a dynamo who gives his all. waghorn tried but not at the rate nugent does. force those errors by the goalkeeper. leeds are this season wolves and im glad we lost now rather than later , we can have the weaknesses erradicated and move on to challenge leeds. i felt we did not deserve all the yellows we got as leeds got away with so much. there taunting with facial expressions was obviously to worry our players and it worked , obviously the work of there manager which is to be expected from latinos. dirty players abounded from south america during the world cup. frank needs to think this through.

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

I can’t be bothered to dig them out but I specifically replied to two posts saying both these things.

Extremes of course. But my hyperbole didn’t do much harm, other than to annoy you, which I apologise for.

Archived