We’re gonna win the league! Actually no changed my mind. Frank’s gone by September.

Duracell

10 hours ago, RamNut said:

If you can show me where someone said we are going to win the league, and then reverted to saying that frank will be gone by September then i'll acceot your point. However I suspect its just another OTT reaction.

Never read it as one fan going from one extreme to the other myself, rather that there were too many overly optimistic fans to begin with and after a couple indifferent performances and one bad result there are now too many fans starting to panic about our prospects. Hard to argue with that really.  

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thread and I think the same the big worry is that there seemed to be a feel good factor after the friendlies and although friendlies don’t mean much it will still bring optimism if they go well as I think they did Mansfield apart 

As a fan I’m fully behind FL and Jody as he’s trying to get us playing decent football and thinking back to last season I’d actualky take a mid table season trying to get us to a different level playing decent stuff instead of the boring dross I watched last season...there will be some fans who’d take the turgid crap last season if it meant getting into the play offs...I personally would’nt as I don’t have a short memory and remember the weak inept throw in the towel performances like wolves away 

The worry with fans impatience and a few dodgy performances and results is that it may well get to the players who stop believing in what FL is trying to do 

Bielsa for example can sit on his bucket and tell the players to run round the block ten times and because it’s working on the pitch players will buy into it 

keep getting right behind our team let’s be loud  and we will be ok that’s my view ...?? Give it time 

On 12/08/2018 at 10:55, Bigfella said:

Also, as one of the Sky pundits said, Leeds had 10 players who started yesterday were there last year. They know how  to play together and the movement and runs that team mates will make. We are on a learning curve as a team and it will take time. Last season people were moaning that we had too many older players, now we’ve bitten the bullet and introduced younger legs we want instant success.

It’s  a journey

Keep the faith

Spot on with just about everything you say. I just think its a shame we have to start a new journey which will take 3 years, when we werent far off last season at all. That team needed 2 players, energy in midfield and proper wide men, thats about it.

IF Frankie gets time and we are patient he might just turn us into what the fans want, but question is, will we the fans, and will Mel be that patient.  Personally I liked football in the old days without the money. No real expectations, no pressure to 'be where we thing we ought to be'. Without the money we would be going largely with last years squad, with a couple of loans, meaning I would be able to relate to the squad, and only next year when many of the contracts run out, will we have license to release a few and get a few in. With modern day Money.. and this greed we now see in the top 2 divisions, we are able to bring in 9 new players, dismantle a good squad, all because Frankie has the money and license to do so ?
Stevie Mac once said, one of his biggest lessons in football managerment was his failure and very short tenure at Forest, where he changed too much too quickly, and was left with an uncompetitive side that struggled to grasp his ideas, and had never played together as a team.
Thats the feeling I get with Frank. Its gonna be a longer winter Rams fans!

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Spot on with just about everything you say. I just think its a shame we have to start a new journey which will take 3 years, when we werent far off last season at all. That team needed 2 players, energy in midfield and proper wide men, thats about it.

IF Frankie gets time and we are patient he might just turn us into what the fans want, but question is, will we the fans, and will Mel be that patient.  Personally I liked football in the old days without the money. No real expectations, no pressure to 'be where we thing we ought to be'. Without the money we would be going largely with last years squad, with a couple of loans, meaning I would be able to relate to the squad, and only next year when many of the contracts run out, will we have license to release a few and get a few in. With modern day Money.. and this greed we now see in the top 2 divisions, we are able to bring in 9 new players, dismantle a good squad, all because Frankie has the money and license to do so ?
Stevie Mac once said, one of his biggest lessons in football managerment was his failure and very short tenure at Forest, where he changed too much too quickly, and was left with an uncompetitive side that struggled to grasp his ideas, and had never played together as a team.
Thats the feeling I get with Frank. Its gonna be a longer winter Rams fans!

The old squad was not good enough hence why Frank Lampard has brought new players in ....i think if we’d gone with Jerome Nugent Martin as our main strikers it wouldn’t have got us far whereas we’ve changed it for Marriott Waghorn and. theyre both younger players who will still be young enough to be here next season and the season after 

I get your point a about money etc I actually prefer the championship to the prem as I think the money everyone talks about in prem is mad !!! 

Archived