Leeds fan in peace

Cjay

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Cjay said:

I grew up with the David O'Leary side, definitely not a dirty side, had some tough players, but dont think anyone would have ever said we were dirty, had some very good technical players, if anything we had a good mix imo.

The O’ Leary team was the first Leeds side I knew too. I don’t know how you can say that they weren’t dirty. Bowyer and Smith are two of the dirtiest players I’ve seen.

I remember when Gary Kelly had a go at a ball boy at a game at Pride Park in that era. They were also prone to cheating. I still remember Kewell diving to win a last minute penalty at Pride Park in 99/2000. One of the reasons I can’t stand yoru team.

You’ve had players sent off several times against us too. Leeds have always been and will always be dirty to me at least. As others have said I don’t think you’ll get many people on hear backing you up.

1 hour ago, Will the Ram said:

The O’ Leary team was the first Leeds side I knew too. I don’t know how you can say that they weren’t dirty. Bowyer and Smith are two of the dirtiest players I’ve seen.

I remember when Gary Kelly had a go at a ball boy at a game at Pride Park in that era. They were also prone to cheating. I still remember Kewell diving to win a last minute penalty at Pride Park in 99/2000. One of the reasons I can’t stand yoru team.

You’ve had players sent off several times against us too. Leeds have always been and will always be dirty to me at least. As others have said I don’t think you’ll get many people on hear backing you up.

You can also add David Batty, Alf-Inge Haaland, Danny Mills, Oliver Dacourt, David Hopkins and Stephen McPhail to that list of dirty sods as well. 

1 hour ago, Will the Ram said:

Smith and Bowyer wernt dirty, they were competitive ?

Kelly wasnt dirty either.

Dacourt was tough but very skillful.

Wouldn't have said we were dirty, competitive yes, tough yes, not dirty. 

Wouldn't expect many to back me up on a Derby forum lol all good. 

23 minutes ago, rynny said:

You can also add David Batty, Alf-Inge Haaland, Danny Mills, Oliver Dacourt, David Hopkins and Stephen McPhail to that list of dirty sods as well. 

McPhail hardly played, bench player at best.

Alfie Haaland was tough, Roy Kean was dirty, hence the injury.

Batty was a tough tacking midfielder, doesnt make him dirty. 

Dacourt was a class act.

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

McPhail hardly played, bench player at best.

Alfie Haaland was tough, Roy Kean was dirty, hence the injury.

Batty was a tough tacking midfielder, doesnt make him dirty. 

Dacourt was a class act.

Lee Bowyer has the 3rd most yellow cards in the Prem history, only Rooney and Barry have more(both played a lot more games). 

Most yellow cards in a season is 14 held by Oliver Dacourt (and a few others) he also had 13 in another as did Bowyer. Most red cards in a season David Batty holds that record. But no they weren't dirty. 

Fair challenge that.. 

?

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Lee Bowyer has the 3rd most yellow cards in the Prem history, only Rooney and Barry have more(both played a lot more games). 

Most yellow cards in a season is 14 held by Oliver Dacourt (and a few others) he also had 13 in another as did Bowyer. Most red cards in a season David Batty holds that record. But no they weren't dirty. 

Fair challenge that.. 

?

Leeds- 12 Premier League seasons- 790 yellow cards- 28 red cards.

Yellow average - 65.8 per season

Red average- 2.33

Derby- 7 Premier League seasons - 538 yellow cards- 17 red cards

Yellow card average- 76.8 per season

Red average- 2.42.

Dirty Derby???

5 hours ago, Cjay said:

Leeds- 12 Premier League seasons- 790 yellow cards- 28 red cards.

Yellow average - 65.8 per season

Red average- 2.33

Derby- 7 Premier League seasons - 538 yellow cards- 17 red cards

Yellow card average- 76.8 per season

Red average- 2.42.

Dirty Derby???

Why does premier league seasons make a difference? Produce the same stats since the dawn of time and we’ll see where we are. We could both improve (or otherwise) that stat if we were in the premier league, but we’re not, and there’s no guarantee either of us will be soon. 

26 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Why does premier league seasons make a difference? Produce the same stats since the dawn of time and we’ll see where we are. We could both improve (or otherwise) that stat if we were in the premier league, but we’re not, and there’s no guarantee either of us will be soon. 

I can't get my head round why people think football didn't exist before the premier league!!, same when Leicester played us in the cup and they were singing " champions of england you'll never sing that". Numpties. 

4 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Because i was responding to stats regarding the team i grew up with, so expanded it to include the entire spell during the Premiership.

I have faith, im only 28, before my 80th birthday Leeds will be promoted again ?

14 hours ago, Cjay said:

Is this the same Lee Bowyer charged with grievious bodily harm for an attack on an asian kid with his Leeds team mate Woodgate. Yeah he got let off after paying 170k out of court and agreed to be fined by his club for conduct??

Is it the same Lee bowyer who a couple of years later has fisticuffs with his own team mate on the field of play?

Lovely lad him!!! 

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

Because i was responding to stats regarding the team i grew up with, so expanded it to include the entire spell during the Premiership.

I have faith, im only 28, before my 80th birthday Leeds will be promoted again ?

Re first point, our disciplinary record in the Premiership would probably be worse than yours because apart from 2 seasons (97-99) we were always bottom half (and so on the back foot a lot) whereas your lot were generally top 6 for most of your Premiership years.

Re second bit, you must be the most modest Leeds fan I've seen in a bit - most of the lot I work with have their 'Champions 2018/19' t-shirts on pre-order ?

p.s. I don't mind Leeds me, actually feel a bit sorry for them. Forget the occasional numbskulls, every club has them - vast majority are decent sorts & I do rate their support highly. Less so that 'Champions of Europe' song - that's just embarrassing

2 hours ago, Cjay said:

I feel that about Derby- but I’ve only got 3years to go!

On 12/09/2018 at 17:50, HantsRam said:

Maybe not dirty, but still the odd moment of comical skulduggery  ?

You say that Leeds aren't dirty, but in this match alone, Johnny Russell didn't finish the match because for the entire time he was on the pitch, he was kicked to kingdom come and could barely walk, and it started way before this incident. Oh, and in the video clip, he went for the ball which the cheating, diving git flicked out of the way just prior to the tackle. Not dirty, just mistimed.

I don't criticise you for supporting Leeds, the club has probably the strongest support form their fans than any other club in the championship, but eventually you will have to admit that their is just too much evidence of the "dark arts" in how Leeds play.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2018 at 23:19, DavesaRam said:

You say that Leeds aren't dirty, but in this match alone, Johnny Russell didn't finish the match because for the entire time he was on the pitch, he was kicked to kingdom come and could barely walk, and it started way before this incident. Oh, and in the video clip, he went for the ball which the cheating, diving git flicked out of the way just prior to the tackle. Not dirty, just mistimed.

I don't criticise you for supporting Leeds, the club has probably the strongest support form their fans than any other club in the championship, but eventually you will have to admit that their is just too much evidence of the "dark arts" in how Leeds play.

Should have seen Birmingham on Saturday.

Time wasting (8mins added on) . . Niggly fouls (24 fouls) or a player going down injured so the ref would stop play when we broke 

Its was quite annoying ?

Archived