Scott Malone - Signed on a 3 year deal

Cam the Ram

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Pending the question mark on George Thorne it’s looking that way with Fozzy likely going. Only Bennett been at the club any amount of time besides them.

Technically we’ve still got:

Thorne, Forsyth, Wisdom, Bryson, Martin and Keogh that we’re in the squad at Wembley in 2014. 

The romantic in me would like us to keep all these players, even if most of them just sit at moor farm collecting a wage til the end of the season, just so they can be part of the squad when we get promoted this year and join in the celebrations that they were denied in 2014. 

(With Jonny Russel and Jake Buxton given an honorary role on the day, with a full kit each). 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

Thorne, Forsyth, Wisdom, Bryson, Martin and Keogh that we’re in the squad at Wembley in 2014. 

The romantic in me would like us to keep all these players, even if most of them just sit at moor farm collecting a wage til the end of the season, just so they can be part of the squad when we get promoted this year and join in the celebrations that they were denied in 2014. 

(With Jonny Russel and Jake Buxton given an honorary role on the day, with a full kit each). 

Forgot about Wisdom, as it’s technically, he was only a loan ?

You know I get your sentiment too but tell you one thing, I don’t think Frank is going to be the least bit sentimental. If people haven’t realised, what we are seeing is an wholesale cull, even if it does take until next summer, it’s full on in progress.

Frank is reshaping this squad, it might look bloated now but there will be a lot gone in 12 months time.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Seen people say 3 million we’ve payed

That’s apparently what Huddersfield we’re asking for but I’d guess we’ve paid considerably less than that. Not immediately first choice for us and surplus to requirements for them. 

Did anyone else find it weird he didn’t mention Martin when Gibson asked him which players he already knew at the club. He played with Waghorn at Millwall and went to a wedding with Keogh, but no mention of spending a season playing in the same team as Chris Martin.

Seen him play a couple of times -  quite good going forward, wasn't so good at the back . Don't know really like most but it's probably going to take 15-20 games for all these signings to settle down.  I am concerned were bringing in too many, I can still remember the class of  92. Shay Given down raynesway tomorrow grass seeding the old training pitch to cope with the overflow.

3 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Looks like you've got a good un there...

Makes Max Lowe look like Roberto Carlos.

Perhaps we could spend all summer trying to convince a player who's only had 27 appearances in three years for his current club that were a better choice like your lot.  Poor Byram doesn't seem to convinced, but might sign on loan unless were interested of course.

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Quite intrigued with this one -  appears from his career history one season a world beater the next not so much - at one stage he was even good enough that Borussia Dortmund wanted to sign him in 2015 .  Also seems to suffer with lots of niggly injuries.

Just read this myself. It was while Klopp was still there and they were struggling near the bottom of the league. Still pretty remarkable!

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

And a new carrier bag for Bucko!

Well wants expecting this signing! Gotta love an out the blue signing! Pretty happy with this one too, not the greatest left back in the world by any stretch, but he’s pretty proven at this level. Means we have more reliable competition for Lowe, who with time will be a better player than malone imo, but it’s still realistic Lowe could keep his place. Certainly makes for an interesting battle for that lb berth, hopefully it’s more a case of who’s playing the best, rather than the least poo like last season with Olson vs Forsyth!

Archived