Rallying Call

Steve Arnott

The one song the whole ground seems to rock with is “barmy army”. Usually started by South Stand and echoed by most other parts, it is really effective. However, just think how much better it would be to sing “Derby army” - same sound but we own it - no other club could sing it. It’s simple, unique and would sound fantastic. Come on guys - give it a go 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Steve Arnott said:

The one song the whole ground seems to rock with is “barmy army”. Usually started by South Stand and echoed by most other parts, it is really effective. However, just think how much better it would be to sing “Derby army” - same sound but we own it - no other club could sing it. It’s simple, unique and would sound fantastic. Come on guys - give it a go 

B4, just because you've found spellchecker, there's no need to start whole new account.

back in the day it was "Arthur Coxes Blue and white army !! We're not mad were fu%$ing barmy"

then it became "Bald Eagles Black and white army"  droping off the barmy bit.

then the barmy bit was reintroduced to "Bald Eagles Barmy Army"

and then Bald Eagle was dropped for a whole lot of tripe that followed.

its not rocket science though is it !

39 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

I thought the rendition of the Great Escape at the playoff games particularly at Craven Cottage away was class. Very spontaneous and seemed to go on for  a long time until we conceded of-course... ?

That seemed to work for me  as a somewhat ironic statement on the success we were having even with the type of football we were playing - although I will admit it is catchy. Was singing it for days after both games. It suited Rowettball.

I think we need something new for Frank that is much more inspirational - a sort of sweep everything before us type of anthem. That may also end up being ironic, of course, but we should start with full on optimism!

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

That seemed to work for me  as a somewhat ironic statement on the success we were having even with the type of football we were playing - although I will admit it is catchy. Was singing it for days after both games. It suited Rowettball.

I think we need something new for Frank that is much more inspirational - a sort of sweep everything before us type of anthem. That may also end up being ironic, of course, but we should start with full on optimism!

Thought the "Zombie Nation" tune towards the end of Steve Mac 2.0 was a go-er...

"Oh Frankie Lampard,

Oh Frankie Lampard and Jody, Jody Mo-rris,

Oh Oh Oh"

...repeat ad infinitum

Just now, Carnero said:

Thought the "Zombie Nation" tune towards the end of Steve Mac 2.0 was a go-er...

"Oh Frankie Lampard,

Oh Frankie Lampard and Jody, Jody Mo-rris,

Oh Oh Oh"

...repeat ad infinitum

Yes, I loved that!

Never worked with Gary Rowett because his list of hangers-on was too long (and we weren't that enamoured with him anyway!)

I keep getting jingles of It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to ... yes I am weird ?

Frankie and Jodie just walked through door

Mel was starting to sing 

Its my Derby and we’ll score when we want to score when we want to 

Archived