worst gig attended

Spanish

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pogues, Rock City, ‘86. Paralytic and incapable way beyond being amusing. 

Bob Calvert, Dunstable Wheatsheaf, ‘87. He really wasn’t well, bless him  

Jah Wobble, Marquee, ‘89. He just stood with his back to the audience and triggered loops. 

Banco de Gaia, Off The Tracks, ‘07. Just some see you next Tuesday stood there with a laptop. 

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Emf, rock city early 90's, only on stage about half hour. No rapport with crowd.

We went to see them at the Leadmill around that time supported by Stereo MC's and they were amazing!

Worst band I have ever seen Kasabian in Nottingham....I didn't want to go, don't know why I agreed to it and they were rubbish...the Fratellis supported them and that just saved the night..

Arcade Fire in Nottingham.

Too early for them to do an arena gig, chucked in obscure covers to pad out the set, then Win stormed off in a huff because he'd been hit square on the forehead with a bottle of lager.

Came back reluctantly, and vowed never to play Nottingham again.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

We went to see them at the Leadmill around that time supported by Stereo MC's and they were amazing!

Worst band I have ever seen Kasabian in Nottingham....I didn't want to go, don't know why I agreed to it and they were rubbish...the Fratellis supported them and that just saved the night..

I was disappointed, shubert dip remains one of my favourite ever albums to this day.

Bon Jovi ,Don Valley not because they were bad but because I went with the missus and it was full of leather and lace clad young ladies and I didn't know where to look first.

The wife said to me if I dressed like that would to take me out ,I replied if you dress like that duck we're stopping in. 

Ozzy Osbourne at the Birmingham Odeon. Too loud for the venue and he was clearly pissed.

Happy Mondays (can't remember where but in Manchester). Off their faces and relying on the presence of a basque and stockings clad backing singer to take our attention (which largely worked, I admit).

5 hours ago, Spanish said:

ZZ top , Milton Keynes 1991

awful , no empathy, too much focus on electronic percussion, just going through the motions.  I'd always wanted to see them and was shocked by how crap they were

Saw them in 1997 and they were exactly the same for the first half dozen songs, then it was almost like they said 'OK, let's take it seriously' and for the next hour were just sublime

Any gig at Wembley Arena - Simply Red was the worst of an awful bunch (amazing what you'll agree to when you're trying to get your leg over - the girl I went with, not Mick Hucknall)

Harry Connick Jr. at the Royal Albert Hall with laryngitis. Every word in that sentence is wrong, I got everything I deserved (again, it wasn't my choice)

Van Morrison - seen him three times and every one has been a shocker

Peter Hook doing the New Order stuff every time. Can't sing, can't even remember the words, even New Order don't do it well live. But it's worth suffering through it as the JD stuff that follows is of another dimension

4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Any gig at Wembley Arena - Simply Red was the worst of an awful bunch (amazing what you'll agree to when you're trying to get your leg over - the girl I went with, not Mick Hucknall)

Harry Connick Jr. at the Royal Albert Hall with laryngitis. Every word in that sentence is wrong, I got everything I deserved (again, it wasn't my choice)

Peter Hook doing the New Order stuff every time. Can't sing, can't even remember the words, even New Order don't do it well live. But it's worth suffering through it as the JD stuff that follows is of another dimension

I went to see Peter Hook last week..for someone who is by all accounts a right royal tool, he can’t sing and he barely plays the bass the Joy Division set was out of this world... 

just shows you how good Joy division were. 

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Who had laryngitis you or harry?

7 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Agree about Van Morrison. The time I saw him he absolutely insisted on playing his saxophone for ages in every song. Boring as hell.

Chuck Berry at the Buxton Rock Festival 1973.

Tipping it down with rain.

Hell's Angels 'policing' the crowd but slinging mud balls at each other, the stage and the universe.

When one of them went on the stage 'dancing' with Chuck in his 3rd song he just packed up, upped sticks and walked off, never to be seen again!

Not a bad festival apart from that!

4 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Any gig at Wembley Arena

Except Rush, Exit Stage Left, that was pretty good. And Jethro Tull, Broadsword and the Beast, and Mike Oldfield, Tubular Bells tenth anniversary.  

Saw Santana there, Supernatural tour, and saw a Santana tribute band in the Flowerpot the same week; the tribute were much more enjoyable. 

Archived