World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Germany vs Brazil in the last 16 would be great. Either Neymar goes home early, or Germany do. Can’t lose.

Still a lot of football to be played between now and then.

Also, as for Martinez saying Belgium will be making loads of changes against England, I call bullsheet. If that’s the case, why take of both Hazard and Lukaku when they were on hattricks if you’re only going to rest them anyway? He probably said that hoping England would play a weakened team, giving them a better chance of topping the group.

If I was a Belgium fan I’d be relishing the propsect of topping the group and setting up a potential last 16 with Japan and a quarter-final with Switzerland or Mexico. Surely that’s better than Brazil or Germany?

Think you've got the draw wrong there Bris.

In the quarter final, it's

Brazil Group winner or Germany Group Runner up

Vs

England Group winner vs Poland Group Runner up.

So assuming Brazil win group and Germany finish 2nd, then England vs Belgium could well be a play to lose match. Our goal diff is almost certainly gonna be worse than Belgium, so we can just draw. They would have to actively try and lose. Great for a rest before 2nd round. Just need to win today now!

On 22/06/2018 at 20:27, Alpha said:

Some Stokies get frustrated with him because when they are on the back foot Shaquiri can't be arsed. I don't think he's the dig deep type. 

Maybe more so for Switzerland due to national pride. 

Think he's always seen Stoke as a stepping stone.

Think Serbia caused genocide in his country of birth causing him to live in Switzerland? Would explain him having s bit more umpth about him

43 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Think Serbia caused genocide in his country of birth causing him to live in Switzerland? Would explain him having s bit more umpth about him

Ah! He's Kosovan! You are right.

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Ah! He's Kosovan! You are right.

Hence why him and Xhaka are being investigated for their ‘political’ celebrations. Ironic that it was the two Kosovans on the team that scored. You couldn’t right it. 

Archived