World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

It's the Year of the Harry. England heading for a semi, me too after seeing all those Swedish blondes in the audience. 

I love watching this England team, every player knows their limits but all of them provide something different. 

Sweden were never in this game, they got this far by playing counter attacking football but at all times Walker, Stones, Henderson and Maguire were there to cut out counter attacking opportunities.

Everyone thought before this tournament that the best play to beat England is to play like Iceland did by playing a deep block. This side is completely different to that side though. The best way to beat this team is probably by dominating the game and isolating Trippier and young. Trippier and Young’s deliveries into the box are too good to just sit back.

I said it earlier in this tournament but this England side are like an international Liverpool, with their none stop pressing.

Harry Maguire is a monster

Henderson is inch perfect nearly all the time positionally

The back 3 are an intelligent unit

Trippier is... I dunno, just wow. Wow wow. 

And Kane... ?

Tougher tests to come but if they don't win the World Cup at least they've won people over. It's been a long time since there wasn't a negative atmosphere around the national side and rightly so. Friendlies that players don't want to play in and players we're told are worth 200k per week getting beat by Iceland. 

This should ignite the passion and pride. 

This is what I want Derby to be. Young and hungry and got everything to prove. Not old and been there and plodding along. You can forgive mistakes when it's a team made up of players that are still growing up. Less so when it's allegedly complete players who are "The best in the world"

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Harry Maguire is a monster

Henderson is inch perfect nearly all the time positionally

The back 3 are an intelligent unit

Trippier is... I dunno, just wow. Wow wow. 

And Kane... ?

Tougher tests to come but if they don't win the World Cup at least they've won people over. It's been a long time since there wasn't a negative atmosphere around the national side and rightly so. Friendlies that players don't want to play in and players we're told are worth 200k per week getting beat by Iceland. 

This should ignite the passion and pride. 

This is what I want Derby to be. Young and hungry and got everything to prove. Not old and been there and plodding along. You can forgive mistakes when it's a team made up of players that are still growing up. Less so when it's allegedly complete players who are "The best in the world"

Alpha my man, I could kiss you right now!!! If not, one of the those fine Swedish ladies will do , who will need consoling ?

It was like a top Premiership side versus a poor championship side , yes Sweden had the odd chance but England were always in control , just shows how poor some of the Groups have been that a side like Sweden can get to the quarter finals.

Archived