World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belgium vs England would be a dream final with so many Premier League players.

De Bruyne and Kompany vs Sterling, Stones and Walker

Fellaini and Lukaku vs Lingaard and Young

Vertonghen, Dembele and Alderweireld vs Kane, Alli, Dier, Rose and Trippier

Hazard and Courtois vs Cahill and Loftus-Cheek

Who am I missing?

29 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Haahaa Neymar’s reputation worked against him. I don’t like him at all

Absolutely. He is the little boy who cried Waaaaaaaaaaaalf - and on the one occasion he was fouled out of the 20 or so times he threw himself to the ground, the referee chose to ignore him.

12 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Belgium vs England would be a dream final with so many Premier League players.

De Bruyne and Kompany vs Sterling, Stones and Walker

Fellaini and Lukaku vs Lingaard and Young

Vertonghen, Dembele and Alderweireld vs Kane, Alli, Dier, Rose and Trippier

Hazard and Courtois vs Cahill and Loftus-Cheek

Who am I missing?

Interesting match-ups there.

Now, given those choices which would I pick? The Belgians or the England players? Hmm, not too tricky to decide is it? Oh dear.

1 minute ago, Grimbeard said:

Interesting match-ups there.

Now, given those choices which would I pick? The Belgians or the England players? Hmm, not too tricky to decide is it? Oh dear.

I know which manager I'd pick.

So, the South Americans haven’t quite understood that all penalty decisions will be reviewed by var, therefore, if you dive, it will be spotted and the penalty disallowed. Sometimes they’re even asking for var, like they can’t even recognise that they’re diving anymore, it’s become so ingrained in their game. 

Witb the advent of var, they are going to be forced to change their game plan. So long live var!

In other news, completely agree with the big who cried wolf analogy. 

And it really did highlight how important Casemiro is to them. Shame got booked twice. THAT’S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CHEAT, IN FRONT OF THE CAMERAS AND A TEAM OF REFS, YOU GET BOOKED, YOU BUNCH OF ducking GENIOUSES. 

No, no sympathy for Brazil here either. Neymar's constant 'being mown down by an MG42' theatrics were amusing until they became annoying, and then downright embarrassing.

I agree that whilst VAR has been far from perfect, hopefully it will eventually see the end of thuggery and gamesmanship. Not immediately though obviously, because some of them are obviously thick as poo. Sanchez - warned not to foul Kane, so tries to grab a quick piggyback literally seconds later. Muppet.

As far as I'm concerned, this squad has already exceeded expectations.

We're ranked 12th, and we can't now finish lower than eighth.

We won a shoot-out after being pegged back in injury time, and having to play extra time as a result.

Anything from here on in is a bonus.

In the past the press deliberately built the England team up, knowing full well where we actually stood in world football, just so they could knock them down when we failed to meet those inflated expectations.

That's why debacles like Iceland happen.

I remember Mike Langley in the Sunday People back in the 80s, for instance.

The England job put 20 years on Robson.

Maybe if these journos had put less pressure on, we'd have exceeded expectations for once.

I want us to go out and enjoy it, and sod the score.

Then maybe we'll be in the next round.

10 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

So, the South Americans haven’t quite understood that all penalty decisions will be reviewed by var, therefore, if you dive, it will be spotted and the penalty disallowed. Sometimes they’re even asking for var, like they can’t even recognise that they’re diving anymore, it’s become so ingrained in their game. 

Witb the advent of var, they are going to be forced to change their game plan. So long live var!

I'm waiting for the irony of someone diving, calling for VAR then getting booked (hopefully 2nd yellow) as a direct result of the ref checking the VAR ?

13 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I'm waiting for the irony of someone diving, calling for VAR then getting booked (hopefully 2nd yellow) as a direct result of the ref checking the VAR ?

Not going to happen now all the South Americans are out.

Man City did not win the league in 1966, they won Div 2.

This is how it all starts, one small lie and from there we are only a couple of years from a totalitarian dictatorship.

Do your thing and fight for the truth, before it is too late...

Archived