Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m pleased that lamps mentioned about the youth team. I think I can confidently speak on behalf of most people and say that we just want to feel proud and a connection with the team once again. Even cheap players like Buxton, who may not have been the most talented players , but we could relate to him as he was like one of us. The youth team would help to once again make us glad to be derby county fans as it would provide us with a connection.

The only negative from the press conference for me was Mel's response to the question about Stoke and Rowett targeting out players. Rather than a, "we'll deal with that challenge when it arises," answer like he gave, I personally wanted a strong warning that we aren't looking to sell our top players and it would take silly figures for there to even be a discussion

5 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Can watch it back on Facebook.

The end of the Facebook video also shows the first interview with Owen Bradley.

Thanks didn't know there was an OB video too.

Just watched the 'twitter vid' again of Lamps walking into the stadium - I loved what he said about that in his interview, something about how it made him feel. Can't remember exactly - anyone quote him?

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

The only negative from the press conference for me was Mel's response to the question about Stoke and Rowett targeting out players. Rather than a, "we'll deal with that challenge when it arises," answer like he gave, I personally wanted a strong warning that we aren't looking to sell our top players and it would take silly figures for there to even be a discussion

How does Mel know who Frank might or might not want to sell? 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Aye thats what I was about to say. If Stoke plan to "raid" us for players Lampard declares as surplus then we don't really want to present them "strong warnings", imo.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Don't see why that makes a difference to this particular question? I wasn't suggesting to never sell a player to Stoke, more so let them in particular know that they won't be getting anyone cheap

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Don't see why that makes a difference to this particular question? I wasn't suggesting to never sell a player to Stoke, more so let them in particular know that they won't be getting anyone cheap

Stoke are the rich team now, tis their turn to pay 3x the price for everyone! mwahaha

Although, the "raiding the old team" idea comes from players who want to keep working with the same manager (if the two teams are on the same level, which we are) - I don't know which players would prefer to play for Rowett over Lampard? 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Stoke are the rich team now, tis their turn to pay 3x the price for everyone! mwahaha

Watford and Huddersfield were rich Prem teams and got two of our better players for what I think most people would agree is cheap. I'm just hoping we don't do the same again, especially to a team in the same division 

48 minutes ago, nfb said:

'LAMPARD WILL GET TIME'

There were also reassurances for Lampard that his three-year contract would not go the same way as so many of his recent predecessors.

Chairman Mel Morris said: "Every managerial appointment is a gamble. We've had that conversation and the answer is 'yes' (he will get time). 

"We understand there are blips and there will be problems. We've got to be patient with that, but that doesn't mean we can't be ambitious.

"It wasn't always clear sailing last season and there was never any pressure on the manager."

Thank god for that ?  

if he's doing a rebuild he needs time. . .

Apart from the Ordnance Survey map of the potteries pushed under Rogers door...

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Although, the "raiding the old team" idea comes from players who want to keep working with the same manager (if the two teams are on the same level, which we are) - I don't know which players would prefer to play for Rowett over Lampard? 

Unfortunately it'll be a case of, you can work with Frank who's probably more exciting than Rowett, or work with Rowett and get an extra 15 grand a week on your wages

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Watford and Huddersfield were rich Prem teams and got two of our better players for what I think most people would agree is cheap. I'm just hoping we don't do the same again, especially to a team in the same division 

Hughes was cheap, certainly. I think Ince was about right.

But that was needing to sell in a climate where clearly there was very limited interest in our assets. We often complained (or some people reveled) about how little other teams seemed to recognize the talent of Hughes and that came to bite us when he was eventually sold, imo.

Just now, Orphanram said:

Is there anywhere you can watch the whole press conference again?

All the news sites have broken it up but it will probs be on the Derby site after a while. 

Archived