Which players took the longest to bed in

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Derek Hales was brilliant at Charlton though mate. 

Yes, 72 goals in 129 games for a second division team was impressive, but to scre 4 in 29 games for the Rams can't be termed either 'brilliant' or 'bedding in'. At least, not to me it can't.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

Yes, 72 goals in 129 games for a second division team was impressive, but to scre 4 in 29 games for the Rams can't be termed either 'brilliant' or 'bedding in'. At least, not to me it can't.

Would that be a Championship team today lol. 

clarkeram7

Youl Mawene was no where near the first team in this first 2 years then developed into one of the best centre halves in the division! 

On 30/05/2018 at 16:51, steve brummie said:

I know, Me and Mozza wus there!

For some reason we called him Roger Daymiss!?

In the Black Country we'd say 

"Day miss! Doh yoh be doft!

If 'e day score 'e musta mist!

Yoh cor avit both roads!"*

* translation (for non Yammers like Boycie)

Did not miss! Kindly speak sense!

If he failed to score it stands to reason that he must have missed!

One cannot retain one's cake whilst at the same time devouring it!

Aye, 50p for a coke in Soho, absolutely scandalous..

On 30/05/2018 at 15:13, steve brummie said:

Plus, I think I'm right in saying at least 2 of the goals he scored for us were against lower division teams in cup competitions.

4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

What about the ones who never seemed to manage to bed in.

i remember being in a state of perpetual disappointment over Alan Biley.

apart from his fearsome blonde mullet tho.......that was a thing of wonder.?

I almost started threads about players who come in on fire and gently disappear into oblivion. Biley and to a lesser extent, Swindlehurst (although to be fair he did okay, I just always think of them together) were in the forefront of my mind.

36 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Weimann recently, still not sure what his best position is. 

If the pitch was twice the length it is, and Weimann could run the length of the pitch or more without getting into the final third, before passing the ball off to an attacker - he would be superb.

In seriousness, I don't know what it is about Weimann's passing/finishing in the final third but he seems to have a tremendous lack of confidence there. The moment he enters the box he's a whirlwind of fluster. Most goals he's scored for us have been scuffed (you'll note his cleanest goal for us was scored from outside the area). But if you watch him in training, everything gets buried with aplomb. 

I really like Weimann, but I think someone needs to get in his head and try to sort out what's happening up there if he's going to improve. Maybe Lampard or one of his staff is the person to do it? Who knows.

Archived