Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We all know he should be around the £15-16 million mark or just keep him

He would be if more than 1 club are in for him, if it’s just Leeds then we ain’t gonna get that, we never get decent fees, it’s the Derby Way

Not surprised by FL there. If a fee hasn't been agreed yet and there are discussions to be had. Id be shocked if he had come out and said that he's stayed behind to negotiate with another club.

Nothing should come out from the club until a deal is done or at the very least a fee agreed.

Interesting though because I haven't seen Andi Weimann on that video when the players arrived in Tenerife yet he wasn't mentioned by the reporter as one of the players who haven't travelled.

13 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Can’t believe we can only get 11m for him, bit of a sad state of affairs that. Seriously dissapointing, but if they’re the only team in for him... Don’t like the sound if all this cost cutting tho, fearing a return to the GSE days of selling our best players every season, hope I’m wrong. Fair to say mels put a lot of money in so he’s entitled to reign it in but can’t help but feel we’d be in a better position if we had someone putting more money in in the background, it’s a tough investment for one man.

Three letters

F

F

P

Hendrick, Hughes, Ince, Vydra all gone. 

Only Jeffs sale I would say we got more than his worth. Always happens to us for some reason. Even Villa, despite being in a bigger mess than us, havent rushed Grealish out the door.

Fire sales since Morris arrival just to stay in line with his OTT spending in 14/15.

Leeds got 15 odd for Wood ffs. How much did Brentford get for that crock Hogan? Mccormack...?

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Hendrick, Hughes, Ince, Vydra all gone. 

Only Jeffs sale I would say we got more than his worth. Always happens to us for some reason. Even Villa, despite being in a bigger mess than, us havent rushed Grealish out the door.

Leeds got 15 odd for Wood ffs. How much did Brentford get for that crock Hogan? Mccormack...?

He’s not been sold yet, plus all clubs are back at work and targets are being pursued . It may well be that another club or clubs join in the hunt for a proven Championship goal scorer and his stock rises quite quickly. We shouldn’t sell for less than Kodjia or Hogan as they were both bought and sold in the Championship with far less credentials for more than £11m

No doubt quite a few of the posters moaning about the fee we are likely to receive for Vydra were also complaining that we were robbed blind when we paid Watford £8m for him. Well now we are looking like getting that back with a profit of close to 40%. Apart from that, Vydra is only worth what a club is prepared to pay for him. People can say he is worth more until they are blue in the face but it doesn’t change the laws of supply and demand. On top of all that, I don’t believe Vydra has had 2 consecutive high scoring seasons. He is only effective if you set up your team around him , he doesn’t have the stamina to play 90 mins and we need to sell if we are going to buy meaningfully. It really is a no brainer

Because it's impossible for the reported fee to be wrong, or to only be the "initial" fee. 

Undisclosed is what it will be and undisclosed is all anyone will know. Reported fees will be conjecture. 

£11m is the minimum it will be, and I'm perfectly happy with that. Such drama queens about.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Because it's impossible for the reported fee to be wrong, or to only be the "initial" fee. 

Undisclosed is what it will be and undisclosed is all anyone will know. Reported fees will be conjecture. 

£11m is the minimum it will be, and I'm perfectly happy with that. Such drama queens about.

Exactly. I suspect a lot of players who have a record of some great times and some bad years have a decent amount of performance related add-ons to be safe

Archived