Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

Impressed by the vision

"Right lad, you'll be pointing west, that's towards those dirty people in Lancashire, and your job is to give two fingers to all them what's in Lancashire. And you'll have a partner for doing it and a gaffer who's going to fall out with everyone in a foreign language. Oh, and a big amount of money. Keep up lad, marching nowhere together. Give us the nipple cripple salute, good lad."

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Clever bid from Leeds, £12m how much of a mess are we in , stick or twist:..umm difficult. He is worth more but.......let’s see 

Difficult to put for an argument to why he’s worth more?

8 goals in 64 games prior to this season in the Championship. He’s had opportunities at a higher level and not performed. £12m is a very generous offer, plus the bonuses on top which make it all the better. 

It allows Lampard to bring in his own men at the same time, regardless of who they are it will allow him to implement his style on the team. 

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Hard to believe we stand to gain more for Vydra to a Championship club, than we did (at least initially) for Hughes to a Premier League club. 

Goes to show the value of strikers.

Form is a big part too, Will came off the back off a 'meh' season whilst Vydra is the leagues top goalscorer. 

I have no doubt we would have received more money for Will on the back off his 13/14 season.

45 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Doubt theres much out there to replace his goals for less than 10m.

Abraham can get a Prem move, leaves very few realistic options for us.

What about a fully fit Abel Hernandez wouldn’t that take the piss if we got him from under Leeds ? 

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don't get why they are choosing between Hernandez and Vydra cos they're both different players? 

Both fill a different hole in the squad but they can only afford the wages for one (supposedly)

36 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don't get why they are choosing between Hernandez and Vydra cos they're both different players? 

Hernandez is very expensive in terms of wages but a free transfer and has a hideous ( our George) injury record and they can only afford one of them according to the press up in Yorkshire 

27 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

Do we absolutely have to sell so early... seems that the prices go up far higher towards the latter half of the window.

No we don’t and we are being seen as a soft touch by fellow championship teams based on last year but reducing costs does not have to mean selling your best far to cheaply 

29 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

Do we absolutely have to sell so early... seems that the prices go up far higher towards the latter half of the window.

I suppose we can’t do much business until we free up some cash by selling vydra, we could sell him later and still buy but if offers don’t come in we’d be in serious trouble. 

5 minutes ago, DcfcJack said:

I suppose we can’t do much business until we free up some cash by selling vydra, we could sell him later and still buy but if offers don’t come in we’d be in serious trouble. 

I don’t think for one moment that we would be in serious trouble if we didn’t sell 

1 hour ago, jcidaho said:

Window closes earlier this time, seems everyone is getting it done early this summer.

Archived