Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

I liked Vydra. Obviously a great talent when confident. 

However from the Rowett interviews it was apparent that he often lacks confidence in his ability. 

We don’t need this! We need a striker with some healthy arrogance who isn’t going to disappear when things aren’t going his way. 

If we can find a suitable replacement and if it makes money, it makes sense!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/06/2018 at 13:08, rammieib said:

I rate the guy but I don't think he is in the class of Ince. You could say imagine how much more Ince would flourish under Lampard as we all think that Frank will be bringing a more attacking element to the team.

I just worry selling your leading scorer in the league to a rival in the league will make them stronger. I don't buy into the concept of selling to raise money when you are selling a player who needs replacing in the first instance. I know there isn't likely to be takers but selling Johnson, Butterfield, Nugent, Jerome, Blackman, Hanson, Forsyth, Anya, Ledley, Thorne (maybe), Pearce, Bennett and Olsson are all sales which could raise money/free up wages and wouldn't weaken us IMO

Didn't we put most of these players in a Christmas raffle and no one bought a ticket?

Rather than sell Vydra for 8-10 million (which isn’t enough in today’s market) why don’t we hold on to him. We can still buy the players that Frank wants as I’m sure Mel will back him to a certain degree? I don’t understand all this from Nixon and other journalists that we can’t buy anyone until we raise funds by selling Vydra. FFP is obviously an issue but can’t we revisit it January and if needs be sell Vydra then. He might even up his value if he scores a few?

As has been mentioned before it’s a shame some of the players that you imagine might not feature can’t be sold (Butterfield et al) but their wages are too excessive for the level of teams that may be interested in them.

6 hours ago, DCFC1976 said:

Rather than sell Vydra for 8-10 million (which isn’t enough in today’s market) why don’t we hold on to him. We can still buy the players that Frank wants as I’m sure Mel will back him to a certain degree? I don’t understand all this from Nixon and other journalists that we can’t buy anyone until we raise funds by selling Vydra. FFP is obviously an issue but can’t we revisit it January and if needs be sell Vydra then. He might even up his value if he scores a few?

As has been mentioned before it’s a shame some of the players that you imagine might not feature can’t be sold (Butterfield et al) but their wages are too excessive for the level of teams that may be interested in them.

Yes he might, but also on the other hand, if he doesn't fit the style that Lampard wants, he might not score many and his current stock will drop.

It is a conundrum that the manager has to sort out. 

Vydra by all accounts is a confidence player and as such a risk at any time if things are not going his way.

Tough one really

Leeds' local paper have recently put up a story about Vydra that has some interesting/questionable points.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/matej-vydra-leeds-united-transfer-14835648

Reid is a key target for Frank Lampard and Derby, a man they hoped to buy with money raised through the sale of Vydra.

With Reid seemingly on his way to South Wales it raises doubt about how keen the Rams will still be to part with Vydra.

The Czech forward is understood to be happy at Pride Park and returned to the East Midlands for pre-season training this week.

If Derby do accept a bid for the Championship’s golden boot winner he will only move to a club demonstrating clear ambition.

Premier League and Bundesliga clubs have made their interest known, while the Whites are yet to have a bid accepted.

So they believe Reid was a key target and an important factor in Vydra's proposed move. Vydra is happy here and will only move to a club showing ambition. And a number of Premier League and Bundesliga clubs have made their interest known. Not sure who they've made it known to mind you because there's been no reports of that 

14 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

And a number of Premier League and Bundesliga clubs have made their interest known. Not sure who they've made it known to mind you because there's been no reports of that 

I assume that Vydra's agent has mentioned this during discussions or Derby have when they have been rejecting bids knowing of this other interest

25 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

The Czech forward is understood to be happy at Pride Park and returned to the East Midlands for pre-season training this week.

Pre-season training is this week??!?!?!?!?

Who's gonna be arriving with the Bucko-esque plastic-boot-bag?

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Pre-season training is this week??!?!?!?!?

Who's gonna be arriving with the Bucko-esque plastic-boot-bag?

Think I've seen people on mentioning Friday is the first day back. As for the plastic bag look, my money is on Ledley. All his money goes on maintaining that beard, there's nowt left for a fancy boot bag

10 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Think I've seen people on mentioning Friday is the first day back. As for the plastic bag look, my money is on Ledley. All his money goes on maintaining that beard, there's nowt left for a fancy boot bag

Saw him at Derby station once and it certainly isn't going on clothes, looked a right scruffy bar steward

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

It is Friday! I checked!

Carson for me - He'e the one I look forward to since Bucko left - And Huddlestone forever and always

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'd hope we could get an extra 2-3 million for him, but if we're relying on him being sold to bring anyone in then I'd reluctantly let him go for that 

The more the happier, obviously - but while £12m might not be as much as players who score a lot the season before go for, I don't think overall Vydra is worth that. So I'll take it. As much as I like him I have doubts over the repeatability of his goalscoring form, and without goals he offers very little.

There's no-one else we have worth anything close to that, on form at least. 

Plus its about right with Bobby Reid going at £10m. 

2 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Why sell a proven goalscorer to one of your competitors!

Because as Martin has showed, your price can easily dramatically drop if your not played. Cash in whilst his stock is high and we can use the money to fund players Lampard see's will improve us.

Would have hoped for more than that, 15m+ minimum if we weren’t under any pressure. It seems pretty clear though that we need the money for incoming transfers and we can’t wait forever. 12m is enough to do some work to the squad, and if leeds are the only club offering then we’ll have to begrudgingly sell to them. Shame it’s come to this but that’s football for you.

Archived