Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, curtains said:

He may have been wrong then but to sell Vydra would be folly 

Maybe, maybe not. 

If Lampard decides to play 4-3-3 where does Vydra fit in? 

If by selling Vydra it could fund 2 or 3 players that would strengthen us as a team, it would be folly not to.

Either way, there was a Derby County before Matej Vydra, there will be a Derby County after Matej Vydra.

Let's see what pre season brings, might shed a light on a few questions as right now none of us have any idea of how Lampard will try and shape us or if Vydra is part of that, so far it's just rumours.

1 minute ago, Edtheram said:

when are they back for Pre Season today or tomorrow?.....

Whatever day they're back, by this time, there would be a thread full of little vids of them all arriving. 

Someone said the 29th though in another thread.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Whatever day they're back, by this time, there would be a thread full of little vids of them all arriving. 

Someone said the 29th though in another thread.

Likely to be Thursday or Friday - pretty sure it normally is a day or 2 of testing/light fitness, then a weekend off, then "proper" training commences on the Monday.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

What about Lawrence I think he will be very good for Frank. 

I rate the guy but I don't think he is in the class of Ince. You could say imagine how much more Ince would flourish under Lampard as we all think that Frank will be bringing a more attacking element to the team.

I just worry selling your leading scorer in the league to a rival in the league will make them stronger. I don't buy into the concept of selling to raise money when you are selling a player who needs replacing in the first instance. I know there isn't likely to be takers but selling Johnson, Butterfield, Nugent, Jerome, Blackman, Hanson, Forsyth, Anya, Ledley, Thorne (maybe), Pearce, Bennett and Olsson are all sales which could raise money/free up wages and wouldn't weaken us IMO

Personally I’m a big fan of Vydra, I’d like to think we’d keep him unless he expressed an interest to leave - and we get a good price. At that point I’d be happy with us spending a large amount to get someone near his quality in our squad, I.e Bobby Ried. 

I don’t buy into people saying we have to sell Vydra to balance the books. We’ll only be selling him if we can get a good replacement. 

If we keep him great if not we have to spend and bring a marquee type player in to make the difference for us in tight games. The thing with Vydra is when you’re struggling in a game he only needs one or two chances and he can win the game for you in the championship. He was our player of the season for a reason last year so focus should be on keeping him or letting him go on our terms with a replacement lined up. 

1 hour ago, DcfcJB said:

Personally I’m a big fan of Vydra, I’d like to think we’d keep him unless he expressed an interest to leave - and we get a good price. At that point I’d be happy with us spending a large amount to get someone near his quality in our squad, I.e Bobby Ried. 

I don’t buy into people saying we have to sell Vydra to balance the books. We’ll only be selling him if we can get a good replacement. 

If we keep him great if not we have to spend and bring a marquee type player in to make the difference for us in tight games. The thing with Vydra is when you’re struggling in a game he only needs one or two chances and he can win the game for you in the championship. He was our player of the season for a reason last year so focus should be on keeping him or letting him go on our terms with a replacement lined up. 

We should keep him and use him if no one matches our valuation, just to give an opinion but I don’t consider bobby Reid  to be anywhere near Vydra’s ability despite having one good season, we don’t need one marquee signing we need three very good ones but we will see what our new manager can produce

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We should keep him and use him if no one matches our valuation, just to give an opinion but I don’t consider bobby Reid  to be anywhere near Vydra’s ability despite having one good season, we don’t need one marquee signing we need three very good ones but we will see what our new manager can produce

I’d tend to both agree and disagree, keep him if we can but if we can’t we need one marquee player that can be the difference in a season but supplement that with a couple of very good loan players. You see in the championship we can spend 3 lots of 4 million on average players. We have enough in our squad to mount a playoff charge easily- we need to keep Vydra or replace with someone of round about his ability. Then add a few exciting youth players that bring the standards up a bit. 

I do agree Ried only has 1 good season under his belt, however after watching him against derby and against Man Utd and city last year I thought he was a quality player. Would prefer vydra and I’m sure there are others but we could do a whole lot worse 

Have heard tonight which is probably bs but the person who told my dad told us grosicki in January before it went out that Brighton are coming in for vydra for in the region of 12 to 14 million. Just thought I would share but please don't take my word for it just thought was worth the share as he has got few things correct before 

23 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Have heard tonight which is probably bs but the person who told my dad told us grosicki in January before it went out that Brighton are coming in for vydra for in the region of 12 to 14 million. Just thought I would share but please don't take my word for it just thought was worth the share as he has got few things correct before 

If true, would make sense to sell to a prem club rather than a rival. If we could squeeze £15 million then I’d take it. Will be gutted to see him go but I’d rather him go to another league rather than a direct rival. 

25 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Hope so ???

14 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

If true, would make sense to sell to a prem club rather than a rival. If we could squeeze £15 million then I’d take it. Will be gutted to see him go but I’d rather him go to another league rather than a direct rival. 

If he goes to the Prem then it's win-win, because we don't have to watch him light up the Championship again, and that's one less rival for us. Selling him to another Championship team has to be a last resort

Wonder if there is mileage in part exchange to get a decent deal - Baldock, Hemed and Ulloa all expendable at B&HA, under new management most of WBA's squad must be up for grabs, and Pearce has already been linked from Leeds who have bought in another left back from Fulham.

2 hours ago, Rample said:

Wonder if there is mileage in part exchange to get a decent deal - Baldock, Hemed and Ulloa all expendable at B&HA, under new management most of WBA's squad must be up for grabs, and Pearce has already been linked from Leeds who have bought in another left back from Fulham.

Hope not!! Baldock is 30 and Hemed and Ulloa are both 31. No more strikers over the age of 30 please ?

Archived