Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Does anyone watch Vydra week in, week out and think ‘wow, what a player!’? I don’t.

Controversial, but for Vydra see Patrick Bamford. I’d argue that Bamford is probably a better player too. 

He played as a number 10 that didn’t really create or put himself about too much. It’s not to say he’s not a good player, but I feel he’s just about justified his fee for us now. We need to cash in and focus on the balance of the team. 

We need another body in the middle of the park and start controlling the possession & play again, for me anyway. 

exactly - and 12-15 mil take it. We have some great players on there way!!!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Does anyone watch Vydra week in, week out and think ‘wow, what a player!’? I don’t.

Controversial, but for Vydra see Patrick Bamford. I’d argue that Bamford is probably a better player too. 

He played as a number 10 that didn’t really create or put himself about too much. It’s not to say he’s not a good player, but I feel he’s just about justified his fee for us now. We need to cash in and focus on the balance of the team. 

We need another body in the middle of the park and start controlling the possession & play again, for me anyway. 

He scored or assisted around 30 goals last season. Not bad for someone who can’t create. Branford will be lucky to create that many in 3 seasons. I know football is all about opinions, but to suggest Bamford is a better player is just ridiculous. Oh and yes I do watch him week in week out, and thought wow on many occasions ( not all tho ) 

20 minutes ago, rammieib said:

It will be a huge mistake if Vydra goes for this club.

Sold Ince and in comes Lawrence, not as good.

A player who we now know can score the goals to get us out this league - don't let that talent go please.

Lawrence has taken his time to settle in I’ll give you that. Just consider the Vydra scenario, if we now play TL as a floating no/10 watch him score and create a hatful this season. 

Theres no doubt this boy is extremely talented and with the opportunity to play in the correct position his skills will be on show this season. 

13 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Imagine what any player would do with a good manager and team. Its a mute point, the big players can replicate that form across many teams. Hence why we'll struggle to get a top Premier league team to buy him. 

Moot point. Hoping my brother reads this.

If you look back at the season Vydra scored most of his goals by creating them self. Without him our season would have been a desaster. 

There's no better goalscorer around for our money in the championship than Vydra.

So I hope for sure Lampard will keep him - sell instead Huddlestone, Butterfield, Johnson, Lesley, Jerome, Nugent and Weimann and let Thorne, Elsnik, Luke Thomas, Guy and McDonald be our new young the team for the future ahead.

So the best would be to keep him - and if we should choose to sell him, then wait because after next season his vallue would be at least 20 mill.

14 minutes ago, twinthe_12 said:

So the best would be to keep him - and if we should choose to sell him, then wait because after next season his vallue would be at least 20 mill.

Maybe IF he repeated last season would he be worth that, but who is to say he wont repeat the 2 seasons before that and drop back down to below 10m? Fans would berate the management and owner if that happened for not cashing in when his stock is high.

Pretty much only Real Madrid & Barca can keep hold of players when their stock is high, everyone else cashes in to get the best value. United have done it for years with the likes of Beckham & Ronaldo

44 minutes ago, twinthe_12 said:

sell instead Huddlestone, Butterfield, Johnson, Lesley, Jerome, Nugent and Weimann

You assume that there are going to be buyers for those players, which i highly doubt, and even if there are, there is little to no chance you will find a suitor that matches the wages those players are on here, so why would the players leave? The only ones i could see leaving are Jerome (if Alex Neil comes in for him) and possibly Huddlestone if Rowett wants him at stoke, although that looks highly unlikely. We will be stuck with all of these until their contracts run out next summer.

9 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

You assume that there are going to be buyers for those players, which i highly doubt, and even if there are, there is little to no chance you will find a suitor that matches the wages those players are on here, so why would the players leave? The only ones i could see leaving are Jerome (if Alex Neil comes in for him) and possibly Huddlestone if Rowett wants him at stoke, although that looks highly unlikely. We will be stuck with all of these until their contracts run out next summer.

In general I agree with but some might want to play and if a team comes in guaranteeing first team football and a 3-4 year deal they may wish to take it, especially those out of contract next year.

heres hoping anyway!! ?

43 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Precisely.

I'd personally have to give MM and Frank massive credit if they can shift even three of those players this summer.

35 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

In general I agree with but some might want to play and if a team comes in guaranteeing first team football and a 3-4 year deal they may wish to take it, especially those out of contract next year.

heres hoping anyway!! ?

Even if I loved the job I had, I'd still accept sitting there doing nothing for 2x or 3x the wages I'd be on elsewhere.

Footballers have short careers, take as much as you can out of it. Thats just the way it is, unfortunately 

I do think we'll be able to get rid of those players - if not by selling them just as loans, because I'm sure they won't be playing under Lampard and Morris because they want to create a hole new stile of quick entertaining football based on our best young players together with a few young and upcoming players from around the world and few of our best older players like Davies and Keogh and I still doubt he want to sell Vydra because he'll se how good layer he is and will be for us.

We are not in a situation where we have to sell our best players, but we need to cut down on wagers for several of our most expensive players.

But if he chose to sell him and buy Tammy Abraham instead and get some money too, you won't hear me complaining, because his a classy player with good tecnic and can score goals in Championchip. 

5 minutes ago, twinthe_12 said:

I do think we'll be able to get rid of those players - if not by selling them just as loans, because I'm sure they won't be playing under Lampard and Morris because they want to create a hole new stile of quick entertaining football based on our best young players together with a few young and upcoming players from around the world and few of our best older players like Davies and Keogh and I still doubt he want to sell Vydra because he'll se how good layer he is and will be for us.

We are not in a situation where we have to sell our best players, but we need to cut down on wagers for several of our most expensive players.

But if he chose to sell him and buy Tammy Abraham instead and get some money too, you won't hear me complaining, because his a classy player with good tecnic and can score goals in Championchip. 

We won't be signing Abraham, it would be a loan....

21 hours ago, rammieib said:

It will be a huge mistake if Vydra goes for this club.

Sold Ince and in comes Lawrence, not as good.

A player who we now know can score the goals to get us out this league - don't let that talent go please.

?

Archived