Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

A failure to sell Vydra is going to land us in trouble, not only with FFP, but also in terms of his own value. If he stays he isn't going to be a regular, and in a system which isn't built around him.

A campaign where Vydra doesn't start more than 20 Championship games and he scores less than 10 goals will see his value halve. We should be doing all we can to sell him for as close to an 8-figure fee as possible.

This time next year he will prbobaly be worth £6m and still commanding big wages.

If he doesn't play and if he doesn't score goals.

It would be interesting to know what Lamps thinks, is he as concerned as the fans? He has still managed to sign his number 1 target in Marriott, as well as adding quality with Mount and Wilson. Plus Evans and Josefzoon.

All of us whilst we sit here with last seasons top scorer, Vydra.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

A failure to sell Vydra is going to land us in trouble, not only with FFP, but also in terms of his own value. If he stays he isn't going to be a regular, and in a system which isn't built around him.

A campaign where Vydra doesn't start more than 20 Championship games and he scores less than 10 goals will see his value halve. We should be doing all we can to sell him for as close to an 8-figure fee as possible.

This time next year he will prbobaly be worth £6m and still commanding big wages.

but presumably that would be less true if he's out of contract with us........on what basis would another club offer to pick him up out of contract if he'd only played a bit-part role this season and raise his money?

Would have thought there is some sort of alignment of interest between Vydra and the Club that both would want to resolve.

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

but presumably that would be less true if he's out of contract with us........on what basis would another club offer to pick him up out of contract if he'd only played a bit-part role this season and raise his money?

Would have thought there is some sort of alignment of interest between Vydra and the Club that both would want to resolve.

Vydra's contract runs out in 2020. It's another huge incentive to get rid of him now. Nobody will pay anywhere near the fee being branded about now for a player with only 12 months remaining on his deal.

I fear he's going to be another we end up losing money on. Just like Blackman, BJ, Butterfield etc.

Ah, more prophecies of doom from you know who... 

If failing to sell Vydra is going to get us into massive FFP trouble then one has to ask why we've signed another player today and we are still, apparently, in for others.  I wrote similar yesterday, but I cannot believe that the club are entertaining the thought of ignoring FFP rules so that leaves a couple of possibilities;

• selling Vydra is not actually necessary to meet FFP rules; or
  • selling Vydra is necessary to meet FFP rules and we still expect to do so; or
  • we are selling somebody(s) else to meet the shortfall

I hope its the first one just to prove the self appointed king of football wrong (though doubt we'll ever know one way or t'other - if we sell him it might just be because he isn't part of Frank's vision).

I think we're gonna sell Vydra but it's gonna be done after we've finished bringing people in. Think Morris might be doing what Daniel Levy did with the whole Bale saga. Real Madrid were definitely gonna buy but Levy held off as long as possible, brought their targets in so other clubs didn't over charge with their new found cash once they sold him.

If we had already sold Vydra by now we'd definitely be paying over the odds for all our purchases. I still think Leeds will be in for him, Bielsa likes to play with a number 10 and Hernandez isn't getting younger.

59 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Vydra's contract runs out in 2020. It's another huge incentive to get rid of him now. Nobody will pay anywhere near the fee being branded about now for a player with only 12 months remaining on his deal.

I fear he's going to be another we end up losing money on. Just like Blackman, BJ, Butterfield etc.

It's all a question of supply and demand. Assuming a club (or a number of clubs) are interested in Vydra next year then I don't see how it matters whether he has one or two years remaining on his contract. Surely the only ways he would be worth less is:

1) He has a poor(er) season and therefore his value is reduced (i.e. nothing to do with the fact he only has one year left on is contract)

2) The buying club are prepared to wait until he is out of contract in 2020 (assuming he doesn't agree a new one) which takes us back to supply and demand. If the demand is there then they may not be able to afford to wait until his contract expires.

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

What's nonsense? 

Let's see...

36 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Nobody will pay anywhere near the fee being branded about now for a player with only 12 months remaining on his deal.

Length of time on deal is just one factor. More relevant factors are...

• Player's form & profile
  • Current state of the market
  • How many clubs are competing for player
  • How good the selling club are at working the market
  • Whether one of the interested clubs are in the Premier League.
  • Are any other strikers of similar ability & style available

Your statement was massively over-simplified, which is why I said it was nonsense.

Sorry my comment seems to have kicked off a Bris-bashing.  Was not my intent.

11 minutes ago, Shang said:

I think we're gonna sell Vydra but it's gonna be done after we've finished bringing people in. Think Morris might be doing what Daniel Levy did with the whole Bale saga. Real Madrid were definitely gonna buy but Levy held off as long as possible, brought their targets in so other clubs didn't over charge with their new found cash once they sold him.

If we had already sold Vydra by now we'd definitely be paying over the odds for all our purchases. I still think Leeds will be in for him, Bielsa likes to play with a number 10 and Hernandez isn't getting younger.

I agree with you because Mel would be smart with his money but I’m confused why Vydra took Derby County off his bio on Twitter.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Wow - hadn't thought of that - quick ring Leeds (or Stoke or West Brom or...anyone) and tell them that the HAVE to sign Vydra so that we can make the most money on him before his value drops.....Good grief..

15 minutes ago, Shang said:

Bamford? Played there in his successful season with Boro in a 4231...

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

If he plays less than 20 games and scores less than 10 goals in a team which does really well, had a rotational squad and he provide important goals his value could at the very least stay the same

If we went up and he still played a part in the promotion his value might even increase

11 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Let's see...

Length of time on deal is just one factor. More relevant factors are...

• Player's form & profile
  • Current state of the market
  • How many clubs are competing for player
  • How good the selling club are at working the market
  • Whether one of the interested clubs are in the Premier League.
  • Are any other strikers of similar ability & style available

Your statement was massively over-simplified, which is why I said it was nonsense.

Sorry my comment seems to have kicked off a Bris-bashing.  Was not my intent.

Ny statement was true. A player is always worth less with 12 months left on his deal than what he would be with 2+ years. That isn’t rocket science.

I already explained that his value is likely to drop anyway coming off a season where he features less and scores less.

Now is peak value for Vydra. We aren’t going to be able to get more for him next summer. No way.

Archived