EFL Development Rule

Day

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this mean actually in the team, or would sticking one on the bench count?

And seriously, as @Moist One has said, Tom Huddlestone would qualify for us even though that all happened years ago. 

I don't mind this rule but am sure it will be misinterpreted by some. 

Always the issue with these rules is they never have the intended results whatever criteria they decide.

based on that criteria Tom Huddlestone qualifies but Timi-Max Elsnik doesn’t (I thought no he only joined us couple of seasons before U19?). Not exactly encouraging us to promote youth.

Some teams end up in a situation where someone’s career stagnates because their team keeps them too long as a box ticker. I could imagine us holding onto Hanson to sit on bentchnas utility option and filling that criteria when maybe his development might do better if he left and played constantly. Again not really encouraging player development 

Without seeing the full guidelines I’m going to guess that Huddlestone wouldn’t qualify having permanently transferred to other clubs before returning to Derby. 

Also I’ve just noticed further down in the article that the EFL are rewarding clubs with cash incentives to bring through players, 250k between the best performing Championship clubs, 350k League 1 and 400k League 2.

26 minutes ago, David said:

Without seeing the full guidelines I’m going to guess that Huddlestone wouldn’t qualify having permanently transferred to other clubs before returning to Derby......

You have a LOT of faith in them to have thought this through...

Archived