Proud to be British

Angry Ram

5 hours ago, maxjam said:

They cost us less than £1 each, promote numerous charities and bring in £millions in tourism etc.

The really sad thing is my 10yo didn't even know that Prince Harry was getting married today - nothing mentioned at school.  Nothing.  Love them or loathe them, an important 'British' event has happened today and my youngest's school has let it slide by without a word.

Why is it an important British event? If they have a kid it will be 7th in line to the throne.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
15 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

William decided to stay at his brothers wedding and give the FA Cup a miss. Think he made the right call, would have had to sit through a mediocre final.

What people will do for a bit of karaoke 

Sith Happens

Great thread but wait till someone pipes up that its actually being racist to celebrate being British. How dare we be proud, its an offence to other nationalities to dare to say it.

I do feel like i am the the most offensive man in the world,  im a middle aged white British male who is straight and feels holding a door open for a lady and paying for her meal out is the right thing to do.

32 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

What people will do for a bit of karaoke 

The royals doing a bit of karaoke would definitely be more entertaining than the cup final.

What song would each royal choose to sing, when it's their turn to get up on stage.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The royals doing a bit of karaoke would definitely be more entertaining than the cup final.

What song would each royal choose to sing, when it's their turn to get up on stage.

Charles..  I just cant wait to be king.. From the lion king.

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The Queen... Who wants to live forever. 

7 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Nobody does it better.. The rest can dream.

congrats Harry and Megan.

Did you pop down to Windsor and punt out a few Chinese imported parasols at  £25 a pop Angry?

Mrs Hants was doing a nice line in red white and blue cornets. Nice little earner-- they'd been hanging around since the Olympics ?

Makes me proud to exploit a good bit of British pageantry. 

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Did you pop down to Windsor and punt out a few Chinese imported parasols at  £25 a pop Angry?

Mrs Hants was doing a nice line in red white and blue cornets. Nice little earner-- they'd been hanging around since the Olympics ?

With flakes and raspberry sauce too, Hants? ?

50 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Great thread but wait till someone pipes up that its actually being racist to celebrate being British. How dare we be proud, its an offence to other nationalities to dare to say it.

I do feel like i am the the most offensive man in the world,  im a middle aged white British male who is straight and feels holding a door open for a lady and paying for her meal out is the right thing to do.

I'd agree if the royal family were actually British....

7 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Nah I purchased from a geezer in Shanghai, 10,000 European flags.. Still got 9,999 left, only some grizzle Adams geezer with a Belgium beer brought one.. Had an East Midlands accent and was getting on a bit.. Moany old codger. Cant think who he reminded me of.

anyone want a Euro flag.. Cheap.

5 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

With flakes and raspberry sa?☝️uce too, Hants? ?

You got it......a flake to represent meghan and an orangey coloured wafer twist for harry. 

Dash of strawberry to represent the blood to be spilled in the fighting at the reception. 

Symbolism is very important. .....?

Sith Happens
15 minutes ago, Hinzy9 said:

I'd agree if the royal family were actually British....

You are as racist as me apparently.?

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

That just sounds like old fart (it takes one to know one, I might add).

PistoldPete2
8 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

And anybody who thinks the BBC is left wing should take note of the royalist propaganda they have been pushing out recently.

Is being a royalist right wing? I don't know. lets have a president like Trump. That might make all left wingers royalists. 

there seems to be less on the TV about this wedding than previous ones... I seem to remember Charles and Diana just being on TV all day. With highlights on at night. 

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Is being a royalist right wing? I don't know. lets have a president like Trump. That might make all left wingers royalists. 

there seems to be less on the TV about this wedding than previous ones... I seem to remember Charles and Diana just being on TV all day. With highlights on at night. 

Charles was (and astonishingly still is) the next in line. This one is quite a long way down the list. I fact, he doesn't even make the short list for the top job.

The thing about having a president like Trump is that you don't have to have him until he dies. And if his son wants the job, he needs to get our approval to do it. I like that. I like democracy.

Archived