Ledley should have played rather than Hudds

RoyMac5

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'm slating him for not trying to win. Gary was quoted as saying, treat it as 0-0, go win the game etc, yet in practice he did the exact opposite. Why wouldn't I slate him? He lied.

I know and I'm not happy with how he set the team out either, but I'm replying to you moaning about Huddlestone starting. If he was benched, I reckon you'd be one of the people on here saying Gary got it wrong and he should have started

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why not? It's the second game in 3 days, neither are exactly spring chickens, and it's a totally different game away than at home. 

Are you saying they looked tired? Not sure that's what the OP was saying and not what I'm arguing against. His reasons were a lack of belief in their ability.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

I know and I'm not happy with how he set the team out, but I'm replying to you moaning about Huddlestone starting. If he was benched, I reckon you'd be one of the people on here saying Gary got it wrong and he should have started

I don't think it's the team, I think it's the tactics. I think we should have gone to win the game, no matter the team. We didn't. We went to not lose, and we got punished for that by the creative team. But I can see a case for Ledley starting.

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Are you saying they looked tired? Not sure that's what the OP was saying and not what I'm arguing against. His reasons were a lack of belief in their ability.

Sure, that's what I'm saying. I don't necessarily agree with the OP, but I certainly think you could say playing Huddlestone 180 in 3 days isn't the wisest move, and Ledley could have easily played.

Tommy H is one of a few reasons I’ve renewed my season ticket. Bollokcs to fukham and Wembley.... I’ll wake up a Derby County supporter in the morning, my club, my team, my Derby!

ps. The JD is going down a treat. ?

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Sure, that's what I'm saying. I don't necessarily agree with the OP, but I certainly think you could say playing Huddlestone 180 in 3 days isn't the wisest move, and Ledley could have easily played.

You may have a point about fitness, but it doesn't excuse the OP talking out his anus.

Archived