Ahhh another season of Rowett

RoyMac5

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

If you fail to acknowledge facts that are there in black and white I guess the discussion is over!

The facts don’t show his football is exciting do they? Isn’t that a subjective opinion rather than an objective one ? 

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

The facts don’t suggest otherwise sorry.

I’m the same as you about the fan base, however it’s a clear sign they don’t enjoy what they see.

Thing with me is that I like it and find it exciting when I know the minute we get the ball we are going to go for the throat ,that get me off my seat and excited ,, trouble is if your players playing that way aren’t consistently good enough it’s just sitting deep trying to soak up pressure ,,, can honestly tell you though that for me there’s nothing more boring than knowing that when we win the ball we are going to piss about with it and just try to keep it , would rather be falling asleep when we don’t have the ball than falling asleep when we do have it ,,, it’s not about style ,it’s the fact we don’t have enough players with good enough technique and footballing brain to find passes and make right decisions no matter how we set up to play ,, 

as I posted in another thread but got no answer to ,, how many times at Fulham away did we try to play out from the back and gift the ball in real dangerous areas shooting ourselves in the foot ? I know it had me pulling my hair out and shouting stop pissing about at the back

For me, I believe  (but havent checked stats) that our default style and method of play was far more effective away from home than at pp. 

Simply because of the attitude of the other team. When the oppo drop off and try to do to us the same as we do to them we look lost. And got some hiding's. 

When they are a bit more adventurous and leave space we scored some impressive wins.

I cannot explain why after Christmas,  we seemed to shift the mentality to preserving the unbeaten run. We seemed then to counterattack with less conviction and in fewer numbers.

1 minute ago, archied said:

Thing with me is that I like it and find it exciting when I know the minute we get the ball we are going to go for the throat ,that get me off my seat and excited ,, trouble is if your players playing that way aren’t consistently good enough it’s just sitting deep trying to soak up pressure ,,, can honestly tell you though that for me there’s nothing more boring than knowing that when we win the ball we are going to piss about with it and just try to keep it , would rather be falling asleep when we don’t have the ball than falling asleep when we do have it ,,, it’s not about style ,it’s the fact we don’t have enough players with good enough technique and footballing brain to find passes and make right decisions no matter how we set up to play ,, 

as I posted in another thread but got no answer to ,, how many times at Fulham away did we try to play out from the back and gift the ball in real dangerous areas shooting ourselves in the foot ? I know it had me pulling my hair out and shouting stop pissing about at the back

I don’t see us doing that though, I see us sitting back and soaking up pressure for 90 mins. Only to hoof it into the channels for people to chase, the gap between the back 6 and front 4 is frightening. 

Maybe it’s the players, but this is Rowetts team, he brought in the people to fit this system. 

I’m not a fan of tic a tac football not at all, would just prefer a more skillfull approach than the hoof football I’ve seen this year. I just personally don’t like it.

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I don’t see us doing that though, I see us sitting back and soaking up pressure for 90 mins. Only to hoof it into the channels for people to chase, the gap between the back 6 and front 4 is frightening. 

Maybe it’s the players, but this is Rowetts team, he brought in the people to fit this system. 

I’m not a fan of tic a tac football not at all, would just prefer a more skillfull approach than the hoof football I’ve seen this year. I just personally don’t like it.

I can tell you 100% that I really don’t want us to be 11 players behind the ball and hoof it ,,, how many fans would/do ,, difference is I honestly don’t believe that that is what rowett is tryin* to achieve ,, yep there’s been times during the season we have looked like that but by the same token there have been times when we have looked good ,breaking fast with pace, intent and quality ,, we have scored some real quality goals this season as well as the real poor stuff

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Still no explanation as to how we scored so many goals if we are such a negative team?

Vydra, the man that does nothing else and many want sold. To be fair the Vydra & Nugent show wasn't it?

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Vydra, the man that does nothing else and many want sold. To be fair the Vydra & Nugent show wasn't it?

Yep and Liverpool was the Salah show, and Tottenham the Kane show. Is it not normal for your strikers to score majority of your goals?

without Nuge and Vydra we would have been down the bottom of the league fighting it out with reading. once the goals dried up after xmas we started down that sticky slope to mid table obscurity and Rowett could not get us out of it. Only the points before xmas kept us from a relegation battle.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

You've watched some very different matches to me, I can think of maybe 5 or 6 games which match which match what you have described (Cardiff, Brentford and Wolves away and all 3 Fulham matches).

There is a big big difference between hoofball and long passing. As mentioned in another post, in Huddlestone we have someone capable of hitting 50/60 yard passes accurately and quickly get the ball from our area deep into opposition territory, what is wrong with using that as an option?

The only players I would accuse of using hoofball are Carson, Forsyth and Johnson.

2 minutes ago, superzak said:

without Nuge and Vydra we would have been down the bottom of the league fighting it out with reading. once the goals dried up after xmas we started down that sticky slope to mid table obscurity and Rowett could not get us out of it. Only the points before xmas kept us from a relegation battle.

Most teams would struggle playing without any strikers.

8 minutes ago, superzak said:

haha i meant without Nuge and Vydras goals.Nobody expected vydra to have the season hes had at the start of last season.

No what he means is that just taking out Vydra and Nugent doesn't mean we wouldn't have scored as many goals. 

For instance, say we'd sold Vydra at the start of the season instead of Ince and played Lawrence in the position he did so well for Ipswich, who's to say they wouldn't have got 25 goals or more between them?

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The only players I would accuse of using hoofball are Carson, Forsyth and Johnson.

You say long ball others say hoofball, what is the difference? We sit back soak up pressure and look to play a long ball?

6 minutes ago, curb said:

No what he means is that just taking out Vydra and Nugent doesn't mean we wouldn't have scored as many goals. 

Out of interest how many did we score second half of the season when Nuge and Vyds weren't the go to pair?

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You say long ball others say hoofball, what is the difference? We sit back soak up pressure and look to play a long ball?

I see long ball as passes aimed long, I see hoofball as hit and hope without really looking to find a player.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? Show me one person who actually wants to sell him.

There's an acceptance that he's our biggest (only?) real asset that we may have to sell in order to fund purchases (and presumably if a Prem team comes knocking, he'll want to leave anyway) but the two things are VERY different.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Really? Show me one person who actually wants to sell him.

There's an acceptance that he's our biggest (only?) real asset that we may have to sell in order to fund purchases (and presumably if a Prem team comes knocking, he'll want to leave anyway) but the two things are VERY different.

I agree with this, no one actually wants to sell Vydra or Carson even but they are our most sellable assets, we do and will need money and just like last year hughes and Ince were our most sellable assets which all falls back to those very expensive transfer packages we undertook in the Clement time by and large

Archived