Scott Minto on the P' Offs

Ellafella

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, europia said:

Always seems to talk sense. Can understand his thinking, but it all depends which Derby County team turns up. 

Definitely, but I’d say it depends more on what Fulham team turns up.

They play their best football and I don’t think we have enough.

If we score early I think we will do well.

Here’s hoping the disappointment of 2nd place and fans calling out inidividuals is sitting heavy on them!

Just now, therams69 said:

Would be very ironic if it was a Boro Derby final.

Stevie Gibson v Mel Morris. The 2 local chairman of the 4. And probably the 2 that deserve it the most.

How nice would it be to sing it's happening again to the Boro fans as our winning goal hits the back of the net.

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He's right, a few weeks ago Fulham would've destroyed us.

Now it could go either way.

I'd love it if Boro beat villa, just so the week before the final isn't full of tedious john Terry and Steve Bruce love from football media...

That's right...the beauty of  it and of Madam Football, is that it can go any way...nobody knows. Some tantalising facts - {Fulham get done by Reading last year without scoring a goal} - then charged from 17th to 2nd on a 26 game unbeaten run then fluffed their lines at B'ham. Was that because they froze and don't have the stomach despite skill a'plenty? or was it just a freak day {they had 75% possession at B'ham}. We will see tomorrow...which Fulham will show up at PP? and for that matter, which Derby County? Over to you Madam F...please treat us...gently, you utter bitch. ?

It’s an interesting tie, anyone of the 4 could go up. I dont buy this Fulham freezing rubbish, they will be up for it and are a good team, but so are we. We have now entered the lottery ticket stage, just think during that poor performance at home to Hull we let in a soft last goal if we didnt I think we would have got to the final. It’s all about fine margins.

I do think we are bringing some form into the Fulham game and have some experienced, seen it and done it heads. Fulham will face a different team than the one they beat both in formation and confidence.

We can definitely win this and I think the PP leg is the most important, we need to win it and then that puts pressure on Fulham at the cottage.

I think the Fulham fans are a little over confident (and due to the run they have had maybe they have a right to be) but the team will take nothing for granted even if I hope they do.

COYR this is winnable lets do it   

I completely agree with him, it's exactly what I've been saying all week. We're playing them at the best time. If we don't beat them over two legs then we don't deserve it, but ultimately it's our best chance. Get the job done properly tonight, get into them early on and I can see us going into the second leg with a 2-0 lead (which we will need).

Fulham are 9/4 on to beat us over 2 legs whilst we are 7/4 against meaning it will be perceived as quite an upset if we do prevail. 

Personally I believe Fulham will have too much quality for us and it will be moments of that extra quality over the 2 legs that will see them through.  

7 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Fulham are 9/4 on to beat us over 2 legs whilst we are 7/4 against meaning it will be perceived as quite an upset if we do prevail. 

Personally I believe Fulham will have too much quality for us and it will be moments of that extra quality over the 2 legs that will see them through.  

But maybe-just maybe, dame fortune will smile on us this time......

Archived