Jerome

kyle mccabe

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You carry on prattling mate, sad you can't accept that other fans have a differing view to you.

As you repeatedly point out Roy, the forum is for folk on both sides of the argument to voice their opinions. Mine is that if you were a cake you'd be a lemon drizzle.  That or a Battyberg (sic).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Don't ask for much do you! ?

Relaxing into the prem sounds good to me.

I want Gary onto the phone to his targets at half time, let Mel do the team talk.

24 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Jerome is growing on me. If he keeps on scoring in the next three games I will be happy. 

You can see he is confident infront of goal, his goal today, I thought he might pass it but he took it and scored.  Vydras goal, he passed it .

You got to know when to hold them..........

Looked like the player I'd hoped we'd signed in Jan, and has done for 3 games.

4 in 3? Quick? Powerful running? Assists? Yes thanks. 3 more games like that please...

How's his hamstring? 

9 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Chris Martin isn’t exactly pulling up much trees though nowadays..... biggest waste was giving him a fresh contract..... then sacking the very manager who probably got the best out of him.

Im sure his future endeavours rest somewhere else in the lower echelons of the championship next season. 

I think you are right in terms of his future being away from us and below top championship sides ,,, 

In hindsight has it ever been done before ? Player signing new contract with parent club whilst on loan in the kind of circumstances it was done? Fulham were apparently dragging their heels in terms of offering Martin permanent terms ,, so glad we are past that kind of shambolic circus stuff 

9 hours ago, MrsRam said:

biggest waste was sending him on loan in the first place tbf

yes should have sold him when we could actually get some cash for him,i suspect he wouldn't fetch a bag of pork scratchings now,although if he did would probably trip over them

Now this is a proper thread. Half about Jeromes transformation over the past few games, half about 2 posters semi-aggressively calling each other mate.

Jerome has changed my opinion, thought he was a waste of space after 60 mins against Cardiff. I apologise to him, we played Cameron.

I’m eating humble pie ? too. 

Pace, power, passion. If I was a defender I would shudder at the sight of him on the ball.

He has slipped slam-bang into form after looking like a non-footballer in previous games. When he picked up that peach ? of a pass from Zico Johnson {think off-break with a football} he had plenty to do as he hared off, shoulder to shoulder with the defender. 4 seconds later the defender was 2 yards behind as the ball ripped the nylon ties of the net off the stainless steel net fixings. Bang! 1-0.

10 minutes later we all thought he had a 2nd as he again smashed the off-the-bar rebound into the roof only for the ref to blow up for some uncertain infringement.

Barnsley could not cope with his direct pace and power. Worryingly, he felt a twinge in his right ham after a stretch in the 2nd half so hopefully they’ll have him under the infra-red lamp for a couple of days...if he stays fit he could yet be the season-winner. 

Wow, how things can change in football, Jerome is looking a bargain at 1.5 million, he is looking fitter and stronger with every game, in the end he has proved to be another good signing by Mr Rowett, I had a dream last night, that he will score the winner at Wembley against Villa in the 82nd minute to beat Villa 2-1 on the day, hope my dream comes true.

Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

We've lacked someone with his pace up top for a while. Shame he's not a few years younger.

Took his goal so well and brilliant assist for Vydra.

He’s been bought with a specific job in mind by Gary. 

46 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I’m eating humble pie ? too. 

Pace, power, passion. If I was a defender I would shudder at the sight of him on the ball.

He has slipped slam-bang into form after looking like a non-footballer in previous games. When he picked up that peach ? of a pass from Zico Johnson {think off-break with a football} he had plenty to do as he hared off, shoulder to shoulder with the defender. 4 seconds later the defender was 2 yards behind as the ball ripped the nylon ties of the net off the stainless steel net fixings. Bang! 1-0.

10 minutes later we all thought he had a 2nd as he again smashed the off-the-bar rebound into the roof only for the ref to blow up for some uncertain infringement.

Barnsley could not cope with his direct pace and power. Worryingly, he felt a twinge in his right ham after a stretch in the 2nd half so hopefully they’ll have him under the infra-red lamp for a couple of days...if he stays fit he could yet be the season-winner. 

I thought he controlled the ball with his arm. That's what the ref blew for I think. I too am a bit guilty of think Jerome was a waste of time. I was quite envious of Fulham having Mitrovic and us with Jerome. Roll on the play offs I'm looking forward to them.

We just need to cut out the fannying around at the back.

Archived