Mi owd mukka Craig ramage.

Owd miner

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Owd miner said:

Nah ive bin thinking bart this fer a while... and its proper gerrin on mi nads. Craig Ramage ... On Radio Derby .... have i missed summat cause he goes on like he wor a prolific Goal scorer and all that ... all i remember abart him wor he were always on't bench and he won't much kop. All ov a sudden he's larging it up ( Southern Speak  for hyping him sen up.) as though hes some tuff guy who gave the best strikers in the world a run fer their money. Nah dunt get mi wrong he did score against ' scabs but cmon who we kidding here..... I love to do commentary . can tha imagine... Little university bod sat there .. spouting out stuff he's read in books and mi and mi owd mate mukka Craig.... Hmmmmm

Quite a skilful player, but I don't like his style of co commentary. 

4 hours ago, Moist One said:

has anyone noticed him doing a little "ding" noise now when he says it?

Ted McMinn used to work for me at the same time he was at Radio Derby, he's such a potty-mouth, I cannot believe he managed so long on air without swearing!

Proper Rams legend though mate unlike Ramage , although i do like CR. But i will never forget being behind that goal at White Hart Lane on Bonfire day 1988 when Ted ripped Spurs a new one !!

Another member of the ex-Willington alumni here.

Ramage does my head in - he’s always looking for the negative in the situation.

I always thought that Dean Sturridge was the best co-commentator. He was inciteful and articulate, however as he wasn’t completely partisan and never referred to Derby as “us”, the RD moan in lot used to complain incessantly about him.

16 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Proper Rams legend though mate unlike Ramage , although i do like CR. But i will never forget being behind that goal at White Hart Lane on Bonfire day 1988 when Ted ripped Spurs a new one !!

That was one of the great Ram performances, right up there with Charlie shredding Real Madrid, Franny sticking it to City and Roger Davies scoring for fun against Luton.

Good times!

10 hours ago, maydrakin said:

Another member of the ex-Willington alumni here.

Ramage does my head in - he’s always looking for the negative in the situation.

I always thought that Dean Sturridge was the best co-commentator. He was inciteful and articulate, however as he wasn’t completely partisan and never referred to Derby as “us”, the RD moan in lot used to complain incessantly about him.

I actually like Shane Nicholson.

He said something the other week that I thought was brilliant. It went something like this:

'People think that defending is about tackling, but tackling should be your last option, your job is to close people down and give them nowhere to go until they make a mistake'

That's real insight.

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

He said something the other week that I thought was brilliant. It went something like this:

'People think that defending is about tackling, but tackling should be your last option, your job is to close people down and give them nowhere to go until they make a mistake'

That's real insight.

I really enjoy listening to Shinner. Even though he is effectively working for the club he doesn’t really pull any punches. If it’s a bad performance he says so, he doesn’t try to make excuses or sweeten it up.

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

No wonder was bloody injured, everybody knows that you chop trees down. What did he think he was doing pulling them up? Clown.

Well I was always rooting for him.

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

That's real insight.

I've said the same earlier, he is a pleasure to listen. Excellent commentator especially if you compare to the crap sky has.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Maybe, but I don’t arbour him any grudges.

Yew may not but others won't leaf well alone.

Ash anybody you want but I'm fairly sure that Craig was the Elder of 2 siblings, he had a sister called Holly who was always Rowan on the river. Most say she was a bit of a Beach though

Oak A I think that's enough of this nonsense.

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

Yew may not but others won't leaf well alone.

Ash anybody you want but I'm fairly sure that Craig was the Elder of 2 siblings, he had a sister called Holly who was always Rowan on the river. Most say she was a bit of a Beach though

Oak A I think that's enough of this nonsense.

All them puns nearly gave me wood, they’ve all been logged.

21 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

I wa there to pal . Great game

7 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

That was one of the great Ram performances, right up there with Charlie shredding Real Madrid, Franny sticking it to City and Roger Davies scoring for fun against Luton.

Good times!

5, wasn't it? the one game i missed due to a gf's friends' wedding. Grrr.

Archived