Mi owd mukka Craig ramage.

Owd miner

Nah ive bin thinking bart this fer a while... and its proper gerrin on mi nads. Craig Ramage ... On Radio Derby .... have i missed summat cause he goes on like he wor a prolific Goal scorer and all that ... all i remember abart him wor he were always on't bench and he won't much kop. All ov a sudden he's larging it up ( Southern Speak  for hyping him sen up.) as though hes some tuff guy who gave the best strikers in the world a run fer their money. Nah dunt get mi wrong he did score against ' scabs but cmon who we kidding here..... I love to do commentary . can tha imagine... Little university bod sat there .. spouting out stuff he's read in books and mi and mi owd mate mukka Craig.... Hmmmmm

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Saw him playing footy on the street with one of his kids last week. Another true story.

And you've been waiting impatiently a week to drop that in. 

Oh, as for the thread. Yeah, he killed listening to games for me. Inaccurate, contradicting and "passionate" (saying stuff enthusiastically that still makes no sense.)

14/15 season. Went to games, watched them back on RamsPlayer with his commentary and thought thank God I was there. Because the game he's describing is not this one!!

And the style of football he's been asking for is this one that he hasn't enjoyed all season apparently.

The other fella just moans about refs?

14 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I really can't read half of that! 

12 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

It's that phonetic spelling they used to teach years ago.

I switch into Spanish mode and read it phonetically. It brings back my childhood living in Willington  ?. It ‘ed still be darn rite eezier in’t Queen’s English mind ?

4 hours ago, Moist One said:

I'm "apoleptic" about this thread.

Ha ha yeah I laughed at that Saturday, he said it twice , he has picked it up off Ed Dawes and bet he hadn't a clue what it meant. Ross Fletcher and The Tin Man were the best for me all day long !

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

He can even pull out acoclectic and any other word that isn't apoplectic.

I do love his enthusiasm though and he's a real Ram!

18 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Ha ha yeah I laughed at that Saturday, he said it twice , he has picked it up off Ed Dawes and bet he hadn't a clue what it meant. Ross Fletcher and The Tin Man were the best for me all day long !

has anyone noticed him doing a little "ding" noise now when he says it?

Ted McMinn used to work for me at the same time he was at Radio Derby, he's such a potty-mouth, I cannot believe he managed so long on air without swearing!

4 hours ago, Boycie said:

Injured a lot here, pulled a few trees up at Watford though.

Owd up Boycie pal ... next tha will be telling me steve “sniffer” cross wa world class .... im nor aying it i tell thee ... im nor aying it ....

Archived