Mi owd mukka Craig ramage.

Owd miner

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

Owd up Boycie pal ... next tha will be telling me steve “sniffer” cross wa world class .... im nor aying it i tell thee ... im nor aying it ....

He scored a corking header against Chelsea, dust remember it?

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

I switch into Spanish mode and read it phonetically. It brings back my childhood living in Willington  ?. It ‘ed still be darn rite eezier in’t Queen’s English mind ?

I used to go to Willington a lot. There was a company there called Acres who did some engineering for me.

12 minutes ago, Moist One said:

explain?

or has the joke just gone completely over your head?

No the joke didn't go unnoticed.  But it was my chance to reply to you berating me in your "would you sack Rowett thread" 

7 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Not if his trousers are round his ankles.

My mates from Normanton said that was perfectly normal? 

Just now, BathRam72 said:

No the joke didn't go unnoticed.  But it was my chance to reply to you berating me in your "would you sack Rowett thread" 

I have no idea what you mean on either point. You clearly missed the joke. I am guessing so as I have no opinion on this thread itself and my comment was a tribute to the commentary of Ramage! As for berating you, again, I don't know what you mean. I don't berate people and I certainly don't recall you specifically so it wasn't personal. Oh hang on, unless you're one of those who says something like "this thread should be closed", in which case, I stand by it. Voice your opinion by all means, but don't censor others.

24 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I used to go to Willington a lot. There was a company there called Acres who did some engineering for me.

Remember Acres from when I was a kid at Barrow on Trent . Used to run distinctive pale grey delivery vehicles IIRC.

1 minute ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

Remember Acres from when I was a kid at Barrow on Trent . Used to run distinctive pale grey delivery vehicles IIRC.

To quote Steven Wright 'It's a small world, bit I wouldn't want to paint it'

And yeh I think they were actually meant to be play blue, but you're right.

44 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

The name rings a bell but I can’t say that I remember the company. When would that have been? I lived there from 1968 to 1974. Thinking about it it wasn’t that long, but still long enough so that Ramage sounds like some posh city bloke to me ?

30 minutes ago, richinspain said:

The name rings a bell but I can’t say that I remember the company. When would that have been? I lived there from 1968 to 1974. Thinking about it it wasn’t that long, but still long enough so that Ramage sounds like some posh city bloke to me ?

oh yeah, am pretty sure we had a conversation like this a few years back. My mum's family all grew up in Willington and Repton. I think you knew my Uncle Dennis (Weatherall), or maybe you didn't but I asked you! 

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I lived at Willington for years until December. Some of us are even posh. ?

Archived