Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

53 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Tssssk you ****** that joke up. You're supposed to say "but then on the other hand"

Posted that joke 18 months ago and didn't get a sniff of a like, adapted accordingly.

Car dealerships who mislead customers saying that you have to have said spare part, when in actual fact you don't (such as batteries).

Also parts that you can only get from manufacturers, such as ECU's, they neglect to tell you that they can actually be repaired and mislead you into thinking you have to have new.

6 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

talking of car dealerships - why is it almost impossible to find any information on buying a new car in a simple manner that doesn't involve all sorts of finance deals and BS?

I'm I the ony person left in this world that saves up and THEN buys the car with cash?

I buy with cash, however if you go for a HP deal you can get a chunk of money off as they think they will make it back on interest, then just pay if off the day after you get the car.

That other option where you pay x amount a month then either hand back or pay a lump to own is a con imho. Unless you like a new every three years and have money to burn.

3 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

I buy with cash, however if you go for a HP deal you can get a chunk of money off as they think they will make it back on interest, then just pay if off the day after you get the car.

That other option where you pay x amount a month then either hand back or pay a lump to own is a con imho. Unless you like a new every three years and have money to burn.

Good point on the HP deal - hadn't really considered that, but yeah those deals where you pay a monthly fee and then don't even own the car at the end are nuts and seem to be what they want to foist on everyone. I guess it may be a generational thing, and I suspect for some younger people the only option they have if they want to "own" a new car

I need help categorising this, but I get annoyed with Autobiographies that are premature. So, either the authors, OR, the people that talk them into cashing in.

I might have read Jamie Vardy's book, if he wrote it at 40years old, like he's supposed to. But now... NO.

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

People who get a bank loan, or buy on HP, are paying a monthly payment anyway. And owning a rapidly decreasing asset, is not necessarily a good thing. 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Them beautiful Arab women pop up advertisements that always come up on this forum. Shame they'd be fat and ugly if you met them in real life

What you look like doesn't matter really. Of course it helps because we are such a shallow society but essentially every woman is beautiful.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Them beautiful Arab women pop up advertisements that always come up on this forum. Shame they'd be fat and ugly if you met them in real life

?

I have been in touch with one and she is flying out to stay with me in a couple of weeks.

She has had some terrible luck with her small-business start up in Hong Kong, although its better now since I transferred the £10,000 she asked for. I was going to get her a ticket to see the Sheffield Wed game with me, but my e-mails keep bouncing back. Hope she has paid her internet/phone bill.