Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

The heat has got to me and I noticed this thread had been bumped to the top...

Taking photographs of food in a pub/restaurant. I could almost forgive this if you were eating at Anthony Bourdain's, but you're not, it's just a really big burger and some chips.

Sweet potato fries. Utter w*nk. P*ss off back to South America.

Having integral parts of a meal on a separate plate/bowl. Seems impossible to get a full English now without the beans being in a little pot on the side. Beans next to bacon next to egg, use the sausage as a breakwater. Genuine sides like onion rings, no problem.

Anywhere that serves food on a piece of slate or chopping board or square plate.

Electrical items/technology that arrives without the means to connect to another appliance. E.g. Blue ray player arriving without HDMI lead, Internet Hub arriving without any cables whatsoever, electric toothbrush without a charger.

Obese colleagues banging on about eating a celery stick for lunch. It's not going to work if you carry on having pizza and chips every night for dinner.

Soup/tea/coffee slurpers.

Been said a million times before on this thread, but I saw one today... the man-bun. 

People in meetings/presentations that say aloud "yes", "mmmhh" when agreeing with someone who is speaking to the group, seemingly oblivious to the fact they are not being spoken to 1:1.

Toe tappers/leg shakers. Sit still for f**ks sake or take some Vallium.

Builders who think it's acceptable to come into my house, do their job and leave without clearing up the debris and detritus they've left as a result.

Taking annual leave to watch Wimbledon on TV.

Edited by JoetheRam

Sith Happens
13 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

The heat has got to me and I noticed this thread had been bumped to the top...

Taking photographs of food in a pub/restaurant. I could almost forgive this if you were eating at Anthony Bourdain's, but you're not, it's just a really big burger and some chips.

Sweet potato fries. Utter w*nk. P*ss off back to South America.

Having integral parts of a meal on a separate plate/bowl. Seems impossible to get a full English now without the beans being in a little pot on the side. Beans next to bacon next to egg, use the sausage as a breakwater. Genuine sides like onion rings, no problem.

Anywhere that serves food on a piece of slate or chopping board or square plate.

Electrical items/technology that arrives without the means to connect to another appliance. E.g. Blue ray player arriving without HDMI lead, Internet Hub arriving without any cables whatsoever, electric toothbrush without a charger.

Obese colleagues banging on about eating a celery stick for lunch. It's not going to work if you carry on having pizza and chips every night for dinner.

Soup/tea/coffee slurpers.

Been said a million times before on this thread, but I saw one today... the man-bun. 

People in meetings/presentations that say aloud "yes", "mmmhh" when agreeing with someone who is speaking to the group, seemingly oblivious to the fact they are not being spoken to 1:1.

Toe tappers/leg shakers. Sit still for f**ks sake or take some Vallium.

Builders who think it's acceptable to come into my house, do their job and leave without clearing up the debris and detritus they've left as a result.

Taking annual leave to watch Wimbledon on TV.

I think this is just a fancy way of giving you less. Chips in a little basket/bucket is very common too.

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Cling film. 

I'm nearly 41 years of age and I've never mastered the use of cling film. 

I have resorted to using thin carrier bags to wrap open packets of bacon or sausage in the fridge cos I'm so 'special' when it comes to deploying cling film! 

I once did 3 days at an agency working for an aluminium extrusion company, twelve hrs a day wrapping aluminium profiles in cling film for despatch. 

I'd love to give you some tips, but at £5 an hour I'll be f****d if I was learning anything other than when the next break was.

those small cases on wheels. Ones that are the size of a small holdall which should be carried.

Every morning, I see a stream of women walking across the work carpark with a multitude of luggage, for WORK! Laptop Bags, handbags, food bags, AND a case on wheels! What on earth do they need these cases for!??

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

those small cases on wheels. Ones that are the size of a small holdall which should be carried.

Every morning, I see a stream of women walking across the work carpark with a multitude of luggage, for WORK! Laptop Bags, handbags, food bags, AND a case on wheels! What on earth do they need these cases for!??

This happens at my place but it's usually people who have travelled and stayed overnight, checked out of their hotel and are doing a day's work before catching the train home. That's the ONLY time it's acceptable in my view :)

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Make-up :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Cling film. 

I have resorted to using thin carrier bags to wrap open packets of bacon or sausage in the fridge cos I'm so 'special' when it comes to deploying cling film! 

Ooh but have you seen those suitcase wrapping things at airports where you get your luggage wrapped in cling film? I want one of those. I can think of dozens of people I'd love to wrap head to toe in cling film 

Pretty sure this one must have been mentioned before in the past 256 pages, but people walking through public places whilst looking down at their mobile phone.

Just stand still if you need to look at your phone!

I'm advocating for an amnesty day where no one gets prosecuted if they just smash the phone out of the hand of anyone they see doing this.

14 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Cling film. 

Press the tabs in on the side of the box and it will hold the roll in place. That little tip saved my life.

27 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

Press the tabs in on the side of the box and it will hold the roll in place. That little tip saved my life.

I have mastered that bit, it the preventing it from screwing itself into a ball before I've wrapped anything in it!

Quite annoyingly, I was a jedi-master with the shrink wrap back in my Warehousing days!

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

I have mastered that bit, it the preventing it from screwing itself into a ball before I've wrapped anything in it!

Quite annoyingly, I was a jedi-master with the shrink wrap back in my Warehousing days!

Pull the required clingfilm out, put the end on a clean surface, place item you wish to clingfilm in the middle, start to wrap from open end, cut clingfilm finish wrapping. Once you master that you can then move on to more advanced techniques :lol:

Sith Happens

We migrated to online food shopping a couple of years back, got to say how great it is not having to go to the supermarket on a saturday morning, have someone deliver all your food to the door, no unloading the car etc.

What I find so annoying now as it has made me lazy is I have to still unpack the bags and put it all away. Come on Morrisons/Asda, add this into the service so I can sit on my backside even longer.

Supermarket shopping is my most hated thing. I do online with Ocado as their customer service is great. What I can't understand is why people seem to think supermarkets are great places to take their kids and allow them to run about or, even worse, treat the self check out as a game for them to play. 

53 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

What I can't understand is why people seem to think supermarkets are great places to take their kids and allow them to run about or, even worse, treat the self check out as a game for them to play. 

Annoying as it is - if you have no food in the house and no way of getting someone else to look after your kids while you go to the supermarket then you have no choice.

Going to the Supermarket is already stressful enough. I don't believe that anyone with kids takes them there through choice!

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

Supermarket shopping is my most hated thing. I do online with Ocado as their customer service is great. What I can't understand is why people seem to think supermarkets are great places to take their kids and allow them to run about or, even worse, treat the self check out as a game for them to play. 

They seem a great place for people to stand with their trolleys blocking the aisles having a chinwag.