Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

1 hour ago, Seth's left foot said:

Wasn't that from the Naked Gun film? :D

Sort of.  In Naked Gun i believe the line was I am serious and stop calling me Shirley, so yeah i kinda stole that but then the writers of that flick didn't come up with it either Shirley.  Some very good puns in those films though

2 hours ago, ramit said:

Sort of.  In Naked Gun i believe the line was I am serious and stop calling me Shirley, so yeah i kinda stole that but then the writers of that flick didn't come up with it either Shirley.  Some very good puns in those films though

Airplane not naked gun.

12 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Whichever guy it is that routinely drops his guts in the South Stand bogs before every game. Seriously - you have something BADLY wrong with your innards mate

I have never understood why anyone has to do a poo in public toilets anyway (unless they are ill or something), most modern homes have one of these new fangled toilets installed...just do it there instead.

Having worked in retail before and knowing first hand how members of the public treat you sometimes I always try and be nice and polite to people serving you, but sometimes they really dont help themselves.

Yesterday in KFC before the match, there is a little counter were you collect your straws, forks, spoon, salt, serviettes etc before you eat. As is common on match day often these items are not replenished...they are busy I understand.

So my meal is called out and up I go clutching in my hand my straw, salt, spoon etc...but sadly no serviettes, they have run out. So politely ask the young lady could I have some serviettes please....back comes a grunt 'is there none over there?' pointing to where I clearly have come from. I politely say 'No there arent', thinking what I really want to say is 'Yes there are plenty but I thought what the heck I will ask you for some instead just for the hell of it', but anyway off goes the young lady and comes back with a feeble 2 serviettes and thrust them into my hand as though I have asked her to do something totally outrageous.

Sadly if you are going to have an attitude you will find that people treat you badly.

I appreciate these young people probably arent working at KFC to have a career from it, but there is nothing wrong with a few good manners, and a smile.

On 12/02/2017 at 09:24, Paul71 said:

Having worked in retail before and knowing first hand how members of the public treat you sometimes I always try and be nice and polite to people serving you, but sometimes they really dont help themselves.

Yesterday in KFC before the match, there is a little counter were you collect your straws, forks, spoon, salt, serviettes etc before you eat. As is common on match day often these items are not replenished...they are busy I understand.

So my meal is called out and up I go clutching in my hand my straw, salt, spoon etc...but sadly no serviettes, they have run out. So politely ask the young lady could I have some serviettes please....back comes a grunt 'is there none over there?' pointing to where I clearly have come from. I politely say 'No there arent', thinking what I really want to say is 'Yes there are plenty but I thought what the heck I will ask you for some instead just for the hell of it', but anyway off goes the young lady and comes back with a feeble 2 serviettes and thrust them into my hand as though I have asked her to do something totally outrageous.

Sadly if you are going to have an attitude you will find that people treat you badly.

I appreciate these young people probably arent working at KFC to have a career from it, but there is nothing wrong with a few good manners, and a smile.

It used to be one of the best KFCs in the country, when it first opened, then I left and it went down hill :lol:

Entrances to Westfield/Intu Centre in Derby where there are 3 sets of double glass doors, and only one of the doors automatically opens (essentially for disabled people, people with push chairs etc) yet able-bodied people still stand and queue to get through the automatic door rather than be bothered to manually open the other two sets of doors RIGHT THERE

How lazy have people become?

8 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

The fact that the scoreboard clocks in football grounds all stop at 90, rather than count through added time.  Who are they protecting?  The refs?

Yes it's the rules apparently. As the refs can add further time on at their discretion (most commonly for timewasting in stoppage time). So the rules are that you can't show added time in case it goes over and the players, and the crowd start questioning the ref's discretion

Same reason they can replay goals on the big screen, but they can't replay contentious decisions like offsides, handballs  red cards etc

Basically nothing that can undermine the authority of the ref's decisions

4 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Yes it's the rules apparently. As the refs can add further time on at their discretion (most commonly for timewasting in stoppage time). So the rules are that you can't show added time in case it goes over and the players, and the crowd start questioning the ref's discretion

Same reason they can replay goals on the big screen, but they can't replay contentious decisions like offsides, handballs  red cards etc

Basically nothing that can undermine the authority of the ref's decisions

Thanks for the explanation but surely it is the showing of the board giving the minutes added rather than the counting on a scoreboard that risks undermining the ref?

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Thanks for the explanation but surely it is the showing of the board giving the minutes added rather than the counting on a scoreboard that risks undermining the ref?

True -  how often does the showing of the minutes added draw a bad reaction from the crowd? Quite often it's too long (if you're winning) and not long enough (if you're losing). If they then counted those minutes down on the screen and the ref decided to add an extra minute or two for timewasting then no one but the ref is aware of that decision and crowd/players would start going mad if it went past the added time