Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'm dreading this. 

Looking to move next summer, will be looking to private rent. I am self-employed too. Have no family I can count on to assist in anything, let alone financially.

Even though you are working some housing associations are worth checking out. They are not just for the unemployed, and some have top notch places, and don't rip you off like agents.

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'm dreading this. 

Looking to move next summer, will be looking to private rent. I am self-employed too. Have no family I can count on to assist in anything, let alone financially.

Hope you can sort something out. There seem to be a few companies online that you can pay a fee to act as guarantor, but not all Letting Agents seem to accept them, and yet again it's more cost for those that just want a roof over their heads.

The following words/phrases:

- "Millenials"

- "White Privilege"

- "On fleek"

- "On point"

People who don't realise politicians across the spectrum will do and say pretty much anything to take power and get their own way. They are klepto-maniacs, ego-maniacs, and in the case of Dear Old Donald, maniacs.

Part time social meeeja political activism.

"If x does this, I'm moving to y". Good for you, go ahead.

21 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

The following words/phrases:

- "Millenials"

- "White Privilege"

- "On fleek"

- "On point"

People who don't realise politicians across the spectrum will do and say pretty much anything to take power and get their own way. They are klepto-maniacs, ego-maniacs, and in the case of Dear Old Donald, maniacs.

Part time social meeeja political activism.

"If x does this, I'm moving to y". Good for you, go ahead.

Blue-sky thinking

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 13:15, Mostyn6 said:

I was actually griping about people wandering down corridors at work, me attempting to overtake and them swaying into my path, even when nothing coming opposite direction! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Haha made me laugh this. It's one of those things you don't really think about but it happens all the time and it's annoying!!

I get them also in the supermarket with trolleys. Ambling along so I can't get past and when a gap appears they swerve into it last minute and I have to stop abruptly. Also people who stop in or hold conversations in doorways or at the end of supermarket aisles.

On 08/11/2016 at 13:15, Mostyn6 said:

I was actually griping about people wandering down corridors at work, me attempting to overtake and them swaying into my path, even when nothing coming opposite direction! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Reminds me of a place I worked where they decided to paint yellow lines down the edges of corridors etc to demark where it was safe to walk (it was a huge chemical research place and they'd just had a really bad incident). We were also all fitted with safety glasses (it was the 1950's mind).

The 'house magazine' did an tongue-in-cheek article about research in Sweden (I think) where they decided to paint a line down the middle of corridors so that the people arriving late would not collide with the people leaving early. However, they gave up on the idea when they discovered that it was the same people arriving late, as left early.

On 11/8/2016 at 15:02, StivePesley said:

Letting Agents who still insist on Tenancy Guarantors for people who have a secure long-term full-time job, meaning that their parents have to sign-up to be legally liable, not just for paying their rent, but also unlimited liability for anything else going badly wrong regardless of whose fault it is. And then charging a fee for "arranging" it. Scamming gets.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - anyone with the word "agent" in their job title should be first against the wall

That's a little harsh on newsagents.

Insincerity generally.

Following on from the fake women thing I suppose but I hate it when I feel like anyone is putting on an act.

I hate BS. Especially the alpha-male type stuff that men do for effect.

I hate making small-talk in social situations. Not because I can't do it but why would I want to talk to someone who I'm never going to see again and whose name I won't be able to remember 5 minutes from now.

In a group situation, if I have something to contribute to a conversation, I will do so. Otherwise I'm happy to listen to others.

People often think that I'm quiet. I'm not. I'd just rather have a proper conversation with someone. Exchange views and have a laugh, yes, but not just try to score points off each other the whole time.

Celebrities and their self-importance.

I do not need a singer/ actor/ footballer/ writer/ model with their extravagant lifestyle telling me to give some of my meagre income to a particular charity. Why not live more modestly and do some good yourselves?

I also don't require your assistance in deciding how to vote. You may be good at what you do but that does not make you qualified to advise me on anything.

1 hour ago, Ewetube said:

Celebrities and their self-importance.

I do not need a singer/ actor/ footballer/ writer/ model with their extravagant lifestyle telling me to give some of my meagre income to a particular charity. Why not live more modestly and do some good yourselves?

I also don't require your assistance in deciding how to vote. You may be good at what you do but that does not make you qualified to advise me on anything.

I dont mind if that famous person has made a significant impact on a charity, take Lenny Henry and Comic relief for example.

15 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I dont mind if that famous person has made a significant impact on a charity, take Lenny Henry and Comic relief for example.

I agree with Ewetube regarding celebrities asking me to give my money to charity when they are living super rich lifestyles and travelling around the world first class, I do believe that Lenny Henry is an honourable exception to that rule because it appears that he has largely forsaken progressing his own career to concentrate on charity work (I do accept he is probably not living on the breadline in a Chaddesden Terraced house).

The likes of Simon Pegg (random example) telling me to give money to charity does get right on my wick though.

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

Loud laughing, especially when done in an ott way that's so false. I was out having lunch the other day and there were 3 couples nearby guffawing constantly but what they were talking about wasn't even funny 

lol I'm kinda one of those people. It's so hard to stop when you find everything hilarious. :(