Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

51 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Ignorant wankshafts that don't put the Next Customer wedge on the belt once they've loaded up their shopping!  Even worse if they watch you do it then don't thank you for it...  CU***!!!

and I bet they are young, have tattoos and can't read a map. The youth of today .. disgraceful not even knowing basic supermarket etiquette ! .. what do they teach in schools today tsk tsk.  Of course I blame the ( enter per gripe group here )

39 minutes ago, jono said:

and I bet they are young, have tattoos and can't read a map. The youth of today .. disgraceful not even knowing basic supermarket etiquette ! .. what do they teach in schools today tsk tsk.  Of course I blame the ( enter per gripe group here )

I've had this many times and rarely is it young folk that don't say thanks or show consideration.

2 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Something that annoys me - the leaflets in the box that your tablets come in.  Massive folded sheets of (important information I accept) paper that means everytime you put your tablets back in the box they don't go all the way in the box.

I find that, in the same way that toast always lands butter side down, I will always open a pack of tablets at the end where all the paperwork is.

Uncanny. Me too. Every bloody time! It's one of those trivial things you shouldn't even think about but it's a 50/50 choice and when you do it you ask yourself how can you be that flamin' unlucky! Sad though it is I've even gone to open a box, then stopped and thought it must be the other end where the paper is so changed my mind and the paper is still there!!

#magicpaper  :whistle:

29 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

When you are listening to someone talk on the radio and you can hear that sloppy click clack of saliva as they talk :angry:

I've noticed that listening to 5Live since I've had a car with DAB instead of crappy AM. You can pretty much hear their nose hair rustling now.

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I've had this many times and rarely is it young folk that don't say thanks or show consideration.

You are right there Tony .. It's the grumpy vacant older ones. 

In fact I'd go as far to say that a lot of the current teens/early 20's are amazingly cheerful given the state of world ! ( except the plonkers who walk down the street glued to a screen and have no idea how to interact with their fellow human beings )!

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Ignorant wankshafts that don't put the Next Customer wedge on the belt once they've loaded up their shopping!  Even worse if they watch you do it then don't thank you for it...  CU***!!!

I've had something worse than this.  I do the shopping for our family as I am every bit the modern man :) 

I once had it that I was being served by the cashier but was still unloading my trolley.  The family behind me also started putting their items on the belt.  Obviously as the cashier was taking off my items to scan, the belt was automatically moving  and my available space was lessening.

On the supermarket theme. Not really an annoyance but an observation.

Our ancestors required no more sustenance than a bit of wild caught bison, some berries and water.

Modern human today needs about 50 aisles in a place the size of an aircraft hangar, 43 different varieties of baked beans,  and next time you do go shopping, take a peek along the soft drinks aisle. More colours than a gay pride parade! Some of them are actually fluorescent! I'm not sure what all those wonderful oranges, reds and greens are doing to us but I can guess. :p

I go into the supermarket for some apples and find they're from New Zealand. Seriously?! Leave that then.

It takes ages to sift through the aisles of crap to locate items and then when you've finally got used to where things are they change the whole store layout around.

40 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

On the supermarket theme. Not really an annoyance but an observation.

Our ancestors required no more sustenance than a bit of wild caught bison, some berries and water.

Modern human today needs about 50 aisles in a place the size of an aircraft hangar, 43 different varieties of baked beans,  and next time you do go shopping, take a peek along the soft drinks aisle. More colours than a gay pride parade! Some of them are actually fluorescent! I'm not sure what all those wonderful oranges, reds and greens are doing to us but I can guess. :p

I go into the supermarket for some apples and find they're from New Zealand. Seriously?! Leave that then.

It takes ages to sift through the aisles of crap to locate items and then when you've finally got used to where things are they change the whole store layout around.

If ever a man needed to start online grocery shopping it's you!

4 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

All that cussing will get you into trouble with the Admin and Moderators. I think from on everyone has to write 'sausage' instead of the actual swear word.

22 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

All that cussing will get you into trouble with the Admin and Moderators. I think from on everyone has to write 'sausage' instead of the actual swear word.

And while we are on that topic ... I like swear words but I loath misuse and overuse of swear words. 

if you hit your thumb with a hammer then an expletive is perfectly acceptable. At a distance in a stadium, away from kids  flinging an insult a a player isn't the end of the world either. But peppering every other word in a scentence with the F word is just crude and pointless. Using what should be powerful words for minor gripes is pretty pathetic too. (IMO of course )

:ermm:

3 minutes ago, dog said:

Freaky dreams that stain your mind for the rest of the day.

Last night I dreamed that I was on a train opposite a woman who kept smiling at me and producing small white  button mushrooms by squeezing the soft skin at the end of her nose.

I've been on edge all day.

Work that one out, Sigmund. 

I've been having vivid dreams the last couple of nights, possibly a side affect of some meds I am on.  On Sunday night I had one and I hid under my duvet.  41 years old, wife asleep next to me and I'm hiding from some baddy under my duvet.

1 hour ago, dog said:

Freaky dreams that stain your mind for the rest of the day.

Last night I dreamed that I was on a train opposite a woman who kept smiling at me and producing small white  button mushrooms by squeezing the soft skin at the end of her nose.

I've been on edge all day.

Work that one out, Sigmund. 

I think it means you want to have sex with your mother