Will Hughes Article

Orphanram

I'm sorry but Hughes is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY OVER HYPED .

He didn't score goals and the thing he did most was a SIDEWAYS pass end off !!

Some of you lot need to take the rose glasses off.

Its a bit like some on here think Stimac was a god .............he couldn't lace Mark Wrights boots .I'm not saying stimac wasn't good he was but he couldnt touch Wrighty.

I personally think its down to to many youngsters of a certain age being on here.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NottsRammy said:

Its a bit like some on here think Stimac was a god .............he couldn't lace Mark Wrights boots .I'm not saying stimac wasn't good he was but he could touch Wrighty.

I personally think its down to to many youngsters of a certain age being on here.

Problem with England is we don’t recognise how good players like Hughes really are... in Spain they’re the bar. Instead we prefer big strong powerful youths that fade away when everyone else finishes growing too.

4 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Its a bit like some on here think Stimac was a god .............he couldn't lace Mark Wrights boots .I'm not saying stimac wasn't good he was but he could touch Wrighty.

Stimac was more of a cultured player than bulldozer Mark Wright. 

Hughes is a good player and if he stays injury free he will have a very good career 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Problem with England is we don’t recognise how good players like Hughes really are... in Spain they’re the bar. Instead we prefer big strong powerful youths that fade away when everyone else finishes growing too.

That has nothing to do with the LACK of FORWARD balls that hughes didn't make on many occasions and choosing to do the easy lay off time and time again . In his position he needed to be the one that THREADED those clever passes thorough . He did it what ? on a very odd occasion , he simply wasn't good enough.

Just now, NottsRammy said:

That has nothing to do with the LACK of FORWARD balls that hughes didn't make on many occasions and choosing to do the easy lay off time and time again . In his position he needed to be the one that THREADED those clever passes thorough . He did it what ? on a very odd occasion , he simply wasn't good enough.

That’s a bit harsh. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Stimac was more of a cultured player than bulldozer Mark Wright. 

Hughes is a good player and if he stays injury free he will have a very good career 

Sorry but In that position you need a bulldozer . Probably if Keogh was more  of a bulldozer he might not get the flack he does.

You want culture in midfield not at the back

Just now, NottsRammy said:

Sorry but In that position you need a bulldozer . Probably if Keogh was more  of a bulldozer he might not get the flack he does.

Stimac was instrumental in Jim Smiths team getting promoted and staying in the Premier League and he also did well for West Ham and Croatia . 

Mark Wright was good at Derby and did well for England but I preferred Stimac as a footballer. 

2 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

You would have hated Colin Todd.

14 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Its a bit like some on here think Stimac was a god .............he couldn't lace Mark Wrights boots .I'm not saying stimac wasn't good he was but he couldnt touch Wrighty.

I respect your opinion.  And respectfully disagree.  Not saying he is in his class but Xavi retained the ball, and recycled it and wasn't a goal scorer.  A team is made up of players which, together, perform an effective unit.  You need players who help the build up and transition.  Not just those who deliver the final ball

Hughes may grow he might get better , prem football might suit him better but at Derby he wasn't what we needed and thank god Rowett saw this straight away.

Remember some of you 

we have failed consistently with all these players you seem to go misty eyed over 

Hughes , Ince, Martin ,Thorne, and We have failed twice with a misty eyed manager call Mac god knows why some on here wanted him back for a 3rd time I mean jesus talk about stockholme syndrome or what lol .

17 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Yeh? I’m 53

8 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Finally Stimac is getting the stick he deserves. If only we had had a bulldozer during the late 90s glory years.

Now ok, Dean Saunders scored the odd goal. But what we needed was a target man.

4 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Hughes may grow he might get better , prem football might suit him better but at Derby he wasn't what we needed and thank god Rowett saw this straight away.

Remember some of you 

we have failed consistently with all these players you seem to go misty eyed over 

Hughes , Ince, Martin ,Thorne, and We have failed twice with a misty eyed manager call Mac god knows why some on here wanted him back for a 3rd time I mean jesus talk about stockholme syndrome or what lol .

...yes because doing the exact opposite has shot us up to top place ...oh! ‘Ang on a minute ...slip slidin’ away from the top 6

3 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Remember some of you 

I think it may have been wise to hold that opinion until the end of the season. By that I mean we haven't achieved anything yet this season that we haven't seen before. Hopefully this is the season we finally get over that line. COYR.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

A very special talent and a very intelligent brain.

Simon Hughes, England Cricket analyst, did a programme about how left handers are disproportionately more represented in top class batting than you’d expect. He linked it to a Cambridge Scientist’s findings that left-handers have a thicker set of nerve fibre in their corpus callosum  - the part of the brain ? that links left and right hemispheres. This gives left-handlers greater visual perception and what’s called prio-perception. Watching Will from the age of 15, you could see instantly what a special talent he was. Sublime left foot and wonderful vision and indeed very like Liam Brady. With Hughes in your side you have a unique talent ...a CPU. He will only get better and will eventually play at a top club. I’m gutted that we got rid of him and it took me 3 days to stop feeling livid and cheated about it. I remember getting his autograph for Edward {my boy} just after he’d ran the game on his debut versus Peterborough. I looked at this boy with white hair, still small with quite childish writing and I couldn’t believe it was the player who’d just run the game and made grown men look ordinary. “You’re a brilliant footballer Will” I said with startled admiration. He just looked up and back at me with marked indifference with out a flicker of acknowledgment, refusing to admit to any hyperbole, although I was totally sincere. A very rare talent and just the sight of him in a Derby shirt always excited me.  Top marks to Nigel Clough for spotting his talent and nurturing his very grounded attitude. 

It was after watching him in those two pre season friendlies against Villa and Sunderland that I was convinced.

I wrote at the time that the shirt was his and he was playing too well to lose it.

Some of his displays were the best I've ever seen by s player his age and I don't even care that there were lulls from time to time, only natural for a player of his age.

What was clearly visible was that when he was good very often he was the best in the park.

A crying shame that he was shackled by McLaren, Pearson and Rowett. They should have given him licence to do what he does best, he's a really intelligent creator. Let him create and he'll win you games at any level. Including internationally eventually.

The most naturally gifted and intelligent player Derby have produced for a long time.

11 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

It was after watching him in those two pre season friendlies against Villa and Sunderland that I was convinced.

I wrote at the time that the shirt was his and he was playing too well to lose it.

Some of his displays were the best I've ever seen by s player his age and I don't even care that there were lulls from time to time, only natural for a player of his age.

What was clearly visible was that when he was good very often he was the best in the park.

A crying shame that he was shackled by McLaren, Pearson and Rowett. They should have given him licence to do what he does best, he's a really intelligent creator. Let him create and he'll win you games at any level. Including internationally eventually.

The most naturally gifted and intelligent player Derby have produced for a long time.

I'm not going to argue with that because how many have we produced in past years . WE rave about our academy but seriously folks who have we really got from it .

Hughes = Yes probably the best from academy.

Huddlestone = Serious lack of pace but did o.k for spurs for a bit

Hendrick  = bang average if you ask me ( what has he done since going )

Bennett = seriously fell from the wayside

Hanson = Looks like being another bennet but we will see 

Yes I'm being ultra picky but I'm also saying the blunt truth . Its not hard to be the best youngster from Derby is it really come on.

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’m left handed/footed so all you buggars that think I post pish think on, I’ve got greater visual perception and prio -perception. ?

That’s a convoluted way of saying, you bat the other way

42 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Absolutely. 

Archived