Will Hughes Article

Orphanram

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not GRs kind of player ? we all knew this anyway, however what message does this send out to our youth academy, you will only make it at Derby if you can run for ever, tackle hard and kick it far...no room for flair players.

I do wonder what he said to MM in the interview room to change his vision for the clubs

Just now, AdamRam said:

Not GRs kind of player ? we all knew this anyway, however what message does this send out to our youth academy, you will only make it at Derby if you can run for ever, tackle hard and kick it far...no room for flair players.

I do wonder what he said to MM in the interview room to change his vision for the clubs

Why did only Watford come in 

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Why did only Watford come in 

Think his stock had fallen since the Bolton away injury which kept him out for a year. He didn’t really tear things up last year, had a couple of stormers but was pretty average in the main. 

Weve all see he can be a top player though, no surprise at his early Watford form. 

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Think his stock had fallen since the Bolton away injury which kept him out for a year. He didn’t really tear things up last year, had a couple of stormers but was pretty average in the main. 

Weve all see he can be a top player though, no surprise at his early Watford form. 

He can be a top player for sure. 

No point in living in the past though. 

Hope he does well. 

Its still a surprise a top club never came in for him though and took a gamble. 

17 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

A very special talent and a very intelligent brain.

Simon Hughes, England Cricket analyst, did a programme about how left handers are disproportionately more represented in top class batting than you’d expect. He linked it to a Cambridge Scientist’s findings that left-handers have a thicker set of nerve fibre in their corpus callosum  - the part of the brain ? that links left and right hemispheres. This gives left-handlers greater visual perception and what’s called prio-perception. Watching Will from the age of 15, you could see instantly what a special talent he was. Sublime left foot and wonderful vision and indeed very like Liam Brady. With Hughes in your side you have a unique talent ...a CPU. He will only get better and will eventually play at a top club. I’m gutted that we got rid of him and it took me 3 days to stop feeling livid and cheated about it. I remember getting his autograph for Edward {my boy} just after he’d ran the game on his debut versus Peterborough. I looked at this boy with white hair, still small with quite childish writing and I couldn’t believe it was the player who’d just run the game and made grown men look ordinary. “You’re a brilliant footballer Will” I said with startled admiration. He just looked up and back at me with marked indifference with out a flicker of acknowledgment, refusing to admit to any hyperbole, although I was totally sincere. A very rare talent and just the sight of him in a Derby shirt always excited me.  Top marks to Nigel Clough for spotting his talent and nurturing his very grounded attitude. 

I'm left handed and footed. Some say I have two left feet.

I found it an advantage because I did everything in the opposite direction. It was great until you come across another left hander.

As for Will. I saw him walking outside the ground once and a lad asked him for a selfie. He stopped and let the lad take one with him. I was quite jealous that I wasn’t 30 years young because I wanted one.  

I thought for a while he’d end up as a bit of a playmaker coming off the right flank, and thought he should’ve been tested out there under Rowett.

It’s frustrating but pleasing to see him doing so well. I remember when we sold him, I haven’t been as disappointed in Derby as that I don’t think, even after Wembley.

17 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’m left handed/footed so all you buggars that think I post pish think on, I’ve got greater visual perception and prio -perception. ?

There are a few lefties on the site. Mostly weirdos ? and they post in the Pub. 

31 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

A very special talent and a very intelligent brain.

Simon Hughes, England Cricket analyst, did a programme about how left handers are disproportionately more represented in top class batting than you’d expect. He linked it to a Cambridge Scientist’s findings that left-handers have a thicker set of nerve fibre in their corpus callosum  - the part of the brain ? that links left and right hemispheres. This gives left-handlers greater visual perception and what’s called prio-perception. Watching Will from the age of 15, you could see instantly what a special talent he was. Sublime left foot and wonderful vision and indeed very like Liam Brady. With Hughes in your side you have a unique talent ...a CPU. He will only get better and will eventually play at a top club. I’m gutted that we got rid of him and it took me 3 days to stop feeling livid and cheated about it. I remember getting his autograph for Edward {my boy} just after he’d ran the game on his debut versus Peterborough. I looked at this boy with white hair, still small with quite childish writing and I couldn’t believe it was the player who’d just run the game and made grown men look ordinary. “You’re a brilliant footballer Will” I said with startled admiration. He just looked up and back at me with marked indifference with out a flicker of acknowledgment, refusing to admit to any hyperbole, although I was totally sincere. A very rare talent and just the sight of him in a Derby shirt always excited me.  Top marks to Nigel Clough for spotting his talent and nurturing his very grounded attitude. 

Google this: Simon Hughes on the secret behind left-handers’ success: they can use more of their brains

simon hughes, the analyst

4 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Sailed last night, in Bruges now. 

P&O Azura. Nice ship. 

Been on that mate .

Nice pool at the back of the ship and breakfast area. 

Broke a rib getting out the pool when the ship lurched. 

Bruges square has loads of bars. 

Archived